Serious question: If this team continues to go the route that it is going what makes anyone think players will want to come to Buffalo to play?

Iverwig

I get that the Bills will have plenty of money to sign free agents next year but if they don't show any signs of being able to win what makes the front office think they will be able to sign players.  They have already shown they want players that fit their mold so that limits who they will look to sign.  Not to mention they haven't shown they know what they are doing.  You start Peterman the first game of the season and he stinks it up AGAIN, then you bring Allen in to start the second game but you don't sign another QB and keep Peterman on the roster.  The receivers are the worst I have ever seen in the NFL which they should have seen that before the fans.  The OL is horrendous.  I just don't see many players wanting to come here next year and I can't see the team handing out guaranteed contracts like candy.  I just don't see how the team is going to improve to much of anything next year and I'm afraid we will become the new Cleveland Browns.

Somebody help to see what I am not seeing so I can have some hope for the future of my Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I get that the Bills will have plenty of money to sign free agents next year but if they don't show any signs of being able to win what makes the front office think they will be able to sign players.  They have already shown they want players that fit their mold so that limits who they will look to sign.  Not to mention they haven't shown they know what they are doing.  You start Peterman the first game of the season and he stinks it up AGAIN, then you bring Allen in to start the second game but you don't sign another QB and keep Peterman on the roster.  The receivers are the worst I have ever seen in the NFL which they should have seen that before the fans.  The OL is horrendous.  I just don't see many players wanting to come here next year and I can't see the team handing out guaranteed contracts like candy.  I just don't see how the team is going to improve to much of anything next year and I'm afraid we will become the new Cleveland Browns.

Somebody help to see what I am not seeing so I can have some hope for the future of my Bills.

Because at the end of the day money talks.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I get that money talks but if the contract is not guaranteed then why come and play for Buffalo?  We have been the laughing stock of the NFL for 3 of the first 4 weeks so far.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

News flash: all teams in the league have money.

You need more than that if you are trying to lure talented free agents to your team.

Which means a team in Buffalo's position has to offer more average per year dollars and more guaranteed money than other teams.

Of course as soon as they do that there will be tons of posts about how the FA signer is not playing to his $ value.

We already got that with Star and Murphy.  LOL

That being said even overpaying will not get the players they may want.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

Carlos Hyde, Jarvis Landry (whether by trade or signing him, they still gave him a boatload of money). Gaines from the Bills 

Hyde is the only guy they signed.

The rest of their acquisitions were all brought in by trades, so the notion that money talks doesn't hold much weight when using the Browns as an example. 

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

News flash: all teams in the league have money.

You need more than that if you are trying to lure talented free agents to your team.

Exactly . Even when we had cap space we were never in the discussion for free agents for years because of the culture here . The only one who took the money was Mario Williams .

• Like (+1) 2