Week 5 Preparation Titans @ Buffalo - experts picks

On 9/30/2018 at 6:49 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ownership over pre, during, and postgame threads?

Huh.  Don’t think so.

Course, if it’s not nurtured with links and football content, won’t last very long.

So far, results are ... meh. Just calling it like I see it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, FLFan said:

So far, results are ... meh. Just calling it like I see it. 

They are what you make of them. 

One can choose to participate in the conversation or not.   

Your quotes post — Being just the first page of week long preparation items will come available in time. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

LeSean McCoy thinks Bills can win with the talent on hand

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 4, 2018, 10:29 AM EDT

Breaking a 17-year playoff drought was fun, but the Bills appear to have taken a major step backward this season.

Going through the pains of a pile of dead money on their salary cap, a rookie quarterback and an overhauled-and-not-for-the-better offensive line has left the Bills 1-3, but running back LeSean McCoy is not ready to declare their situation a rebuild.

“Well I hope that’s not the case,” McCoy said, via Matt Parrino of NYUpstate.com. “I think the guys here we have can win now.

“I mean, this is not the first time that a team has had a rookie quarterback that [could potentially make] the playoffs and that wins games. It’s not something that’s never been seen or happened in the NFL.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/04/lesean-mccoy-thinks-bills-can-win-with-the-talent-on-hand/#comments

dyson-touchdown-1260x800.jpg

Bills killer Frank Wycheck would've liked to play in Buffalo

Frank Wycheck needs no introduction in these parts. But Bills fans may be surprised to learn that one of their biggest villains harbored a lot of respect for fans in Buffalo.

"I'm a blue-collar guy. I'm from Philadelphia, just growing up from humble beginnings, and I just feel like that I'd be a guy that would want to play in Buffalo,"

Wycheck said of why he congratulated the Bills on making the playoffs last year. "It's the same type of situation, the same type of people that I feel like that I grew up around. I pull for cities and teams like that."

3cf_ap18273628488118.jpeg

Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans: Preview, odds, predictions for Week 5

The Tennessee Titans come to town this week and bring one of the best defenses in the NFL through the first month of the season. They sacked Carson Wentz four times and hurried him 12 times in a win last week.

Buffalo has been without a consistent running game all season. Star running back LeSean McCoy has yet to eclipse the 100-yard mark... for the season.

The Bills secondary is beat up. Safeties Micah Hyde and Rafael Bush are questionable for Sunday and that could mean rookie Siran Neal will make his first start after playing just seven snaps all season.

Odds

The Bills opened as a +4 1/2-point underdog but have gone u to + 5 1/2, according to Pregame.com

How to follow the game

The game will be broadcast on CBS at 1 p.m. Sunday. NYUP.com will have you covered on social media during the game and on the website at the final whistle and throughout the rest of Sunday.

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Line has moved to Titans -5.5. Sharps guy on the radio says this is too high after watching the titans play and how they’ve gotten lucky with penalties etc. I think it says more about the perception of the Bills than it goes about Tenn.

Bingo. 

I'm going Bills +5.5/ Bills Money line. 

D and crowd make life miserable for Marriota. Offense has a big resurgence at home after a tough 2 gm road trip

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Bingo. 

I'm going Bills +5.5/ Bills Money line. 

D and crowd make life miserable for Marriota. Offense has a big resurgence at home after a tough 2 gm road trip

I predict a low scoring game; hopefully the good guys can fight hard against a tough D and pull one out for the home crowd. Establishing the run is going to be the biggest thing here. We can’t have our rookie throwing 40 times with this WR group against a very good secondary 

Lorax and Taron Johnson both mentioned this week that they want to keep mariota in the pocket and that they will be keying on Dion Lewis 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I predict a low scoring game; hopefully the good guys can fight hard against a tough D and pull one out for the home crowd. Establishing the run is going to be the biggest thing here. We can’t have our rookie throwing 40 times with this WR group against a very good secondary 

Lorax and Taron Johnson both mentioned this week that they want to keep mariota in the pocket and that they will be keying on Dion Lewis 

Ya that sounds like a great recipe for success. We made  Cousins severely struggle and Rodgers off balance , actually dropping 3 easy ints (1 pick 6), I think our D is going to have their way at home and get in his head early. Edmunds is also making huge strides each week it seems. I love this defense

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

..."Lewis Take 2" would be a huge plus............

ON ANOTHER FRONT:

.....preliminary injury report not encouraging, but expected............

Buffalo Bills (1-3)

Questionable 

-OFFENSIVE LINE-HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE

– S Rafael Bush (shoulder)
– TE Charles Clay (ankle)
– S Micah Hyde (groin)

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 2

People talking about Allen's accuracy when in the offseason they were highlighting his footwork. He has shown some inaccuracy but, mostly it is when he is being chased by defenders. Also he has bailed out of the pocket a few times way too early and actually put himself in harms way possibly seeing ghosts already which is a bad sign. Offensive play calling needs to  be tailored into the fact that our o-line sucks with always having a dump off guy in case of pressure too many times I'm seeing the WR's all 20 yards down the field and Allen having to make a spectacular play to make a throw on the run, the odds are against it. That being said I think this game will be closer than most teams think and both teams will be struggling to score could be a FG kicking marathon.

• Like (+1) 2

The only chance we have to win this season is to establish the run.  We have got to stop slinging the ball all over the field. We have ZERO good WRs and our rookie QB is at best inconsistent. This team is so incredibly void of talent on the offense, it’s almost impossible to believe. All we have on offense, is Shady and Ivory. I would run the entire game plan through both of those guys. Shady needs 25-30 touches every game. Both of these guys should be on the field on nearly every offensive snap. Hand it to them, throw it to them direct snap it to them...I want to see less then 15 passes a game from Allen. Nobody is going to win on the outside. Our best WR is Shady. If Dabol is at all concerned with winning football games, it needs to be 25+ touches for Shady, 10-15 for Ivory and 10-15 pass attempts from Allen. That’s the only way this team wins. Get the oline going down hill and keep the ball in the RBs hands.

• Like (+1) 1