NanoCrystal Electricity/ Tesla

Figster

To sum it up, the OP's link is a commercial to invest in a company pushing wireless electricity.

Not exactly a new concept either.  Tesla (the 19th & 20th century genius, not the 21st century car company) tried and failed to harness the power of the Earth to broadcast wireless electricity.

The concept is put to use with wireless phone charging stations.  These work on low voltage devices at a very short range.

Now applied to a world wide power grid?  How much power will it take to generate all this "free" electricity?  How many transmitter towers would be needed?   How much extra power is needed to compensate for energy lost in transmission?

It takes energy to make energy.  It takes energy to transmit energy.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Only 500 available! Hurry!!!

A $545 value for only $39!!! OMG!!!!!!!

We had a discussion here on TBD approx 10 years ago about good investment opportunities and I told some of my fellow patrons much to their dismay the marijuana industry was about to explode.

This is a similiar opportunity in my humble opinion.

Edited by Figster

1 minute ago, Figster said:

We had a discussion here on TBD about 10 years ago about good investment opportunities and I told some of my fellow patrons much to their dismay the marijuana industry was about to explode.

Marijuana made sense

No one had to buy a $39 brief for that ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

We had a discussion here on TBD about 10 years ago about good investment opportunities and I told some of my fellow patrons much to their dismay the marijuana industry was about to explode.

Any other predictions from ten years ago you got right?

include those you got wrong as well, probably 90 percent of them you got dead wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

To sum it up, the OP's link is a commercial to invest in a company pushing wireless electricity.

Not exactly a new concept either.  Tesla (the 19th & 20th century genius, not the 21st century car company) tried and failed to harness the power of the Earth to broadcast wireless electricity.

The concept is put to use with wireless phone charging stations.  These work on low voltage devices at a very short range.

Now applied to a world wide power grid?  How much power will it take to generate all this "free" electricity?  How many transmitter towers would be needed?   How much extra power is needed to compensate for energy lost in transmission?

All I wanna know is will it power the electric Asian carp barrier?

Think of the potential!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Figster said:

The search for wireless electricity is akin to the search for the perpetual motion machine.

I wouldn't invest much $ in that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The search for wireless electricity is akin to the search for the perpetual motion machine.

My Kid and I (mainly I LoL) put together a Tesla Coil for his gramnar school "famous person" fair.  He went as Tesla.

It powered a small fluorescent bulb.  A CFL too. Wirelessly. 

He went to a Catholic School.  They were very "happy" when He announced Tesla was the person He picked... LoL... Oh, and the sparks/shocks He was producing.  Very mild.  BUT He still had to plug small coil in.  LoL...

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Power can get piggy backed station to station from a central location. Its not another way to generate its another way to transmit. (through the air)

One day electric cars will be driving our highways without ever having to stop for refueling.

Good points/post  toad

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, Figster said:

How much have you invested?

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If this is going to explode like the marijuana industry and you recommend it as an investment why are you sitting on the sidelines?

Nobody ever said I will be sitting on the sidelines for something this big , nor am I recommending to anyone what they should invest their hard earned money on.

Just a good topic I want my fellow patrons aware of that might change the world as we know it.

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe he bet that money on the Vikings? 

Hate it when that happens

Nawww, never bet on or against my Bills

Edited by Figster

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

Nobody ever said I will be sitting on the sidelines for something this big , nor am I recommending to anyone what they should invest their hard earned money on.

Just a good topic I want my fellow patrons aware of that might change the world as we know it.

I don’t know what will be next, but one thing we know is the world is changing at such a ridiculous pace that our kids will see things we couldn’t even dream of. When I was a kid the phone had a curly cord attached to the wall, you had to rotary dial and had to wait for the 9’s and 0’s (hated those #’s!) and the whole family shared it, maybe even with other families. Now? School kids have phones that contain most of the world’s knowledge in their hands. AND IT’S STILL ACCELERATING! 

Who saw that? Not me....

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know what will be next, but one thing we know is the world is changing at such a ridiculous pace that our kids will see things we couldn’t even dream of. When I was a kid the phone had a curly cord attached to the wall, you had to rotary dial and had to wait for the 9’s and 0’s (hated those #’s!) and the whole family shared it, maybe even with other families. Now? School kids have phones that contain most of the world’s knowledge in their hands. AND IT’S STILL ACCELERATING! 

Who saw that? Not me....

But... What has been invented in the last 60 years that make our home life, chores around the house easier.  Talking brand new invention.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But... What has been invented in the last 60 years that make our home life, chores around the house easier.  Talking brand new invention.

The remote control for TV. I rest my case. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

don_t_whiz_on_the_electric_fence_by_toph

In all seriousness, with the fish barrier... All kinds of warnings... Like barge couplings can't be made with synthetic lines... Crew has to remain off of deck, especially metal... If I was crossing in pleasure craft... I would probably shut down, unhook all my electronics.

I am sure I can find the protocol for transiting the barriers.  But pissing is probably a real no no.  I mean the water is electrified!  Create a circuit right up your piss stream!  LoL...

4 hours ago, Augie said:

The remote control for TV. I rest my case. 

No.  Original remote invention dates to late 40s early 1950s.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  Original remote invention dates to late 40s early 1950s.

That did not help me as a kid trying to flip over to Commander Tom on the black and white TV!   ?

Do you really want to argue about advances in the last 60 years? I think many things are “advancements”, but the list on “new” things would be almost endless, as it would grow as you explore it. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

That did not help me as a kid trying to flip over to Commander Tom on the black and white TV!   ?

Do you really want to argue about advances in the last 60 years? I think many things are “advancements”, but the list on “new” things would be almost endless, as it would grow as you explore it. 

Understood.

But I am talking new things that really help us with our daily chores.  Cooking, cleaning, etc...

I see robotics coming into play.

Of course the way we pay our bills, computing.  But we are still mowing the grass the same way, cooking, cleaning.

What household invention in the last 60 years revolutionized domestic life?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Understood.

But I am talking new things that really help us with our daily chores.  Cooking, cleaning, etc...

I see robotics coming into play.

Of course the way we pay our bills, computing.  But we are still mowing the grass the same way, cooking, cleaning.

What household invention in the last 60 years revolutionized domestic life?

A microwave? Automatic vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers? Refrigerators that tell you when you need to but milk and butter? Emails if you left you garage door open? Talk to the guy who rings your doorbell when a package is delivered?  Even if you are in another state? Sirius radio is a daily thing for me, and I LOVE it. I facetime with my grandson and wife for some of the best moments of my week. I could go on and on and on.....

If you are still doing it the same way, that does not mean that other options are not available and you have just not adopted them yet, for whatever reason. I’m in Wisconsin, but I can schedule my TV in Atlanta to record the game tomorrow with my phone (assuming it’s on AT&T, which it may not be, but the point remains...DTV is a maybe).  

Enough? That’s the tip of the iceberg. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

A microwave? Automatic vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers? Refrigerators that tell you when you need to but milk and butter? Emails if you left you garage door open? Talk to the guy who rings your doorbell when a package is delivered?  Even if you are in another state? Sirius radio is a daily thing for me, and I LOVE it. I facetime with my grandson and wife for some of the best moments of my week. I could go on and on and on.....

If you are still doing it the same way, that does not mean that other options are not available and you have just not adopted them yet, for whatever reason. I’m in Wisconsin, but I can schedule my TV in Atlanta to record the game tomorrow with my phone (assuming it’s on AT&T, which it may not be, but the point remains...DTV is a maybe).  

Those are all advancements of previous inventions.

What's really new?  You described just different ways of doing the same thing.

Sure, what you explain are conveniences... But what's really new?

Now... If I could teleport to Wisconsin... That would be something!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Those are all advancements of previous inventions.

What's really new?  You described just different ways of doing the same thing.

Sure, what you explain are conveniences... But what's really new?

Now... If I could teleport to Wisconsin... That would be something!

EVERYTHING is an advancement of what came before. If you follow it back beyond the arbitrary 60 years, nothing is new. All the laws of physics are there, we are just slow to understand them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

EVERYTHING is an advancement of what came before. If you follow it back beyond the arbitrary 60 years, nothing is new. All the laws of physics are there, we are just slow to understand them. 

No.  Not really.  Electricity, radio, TV, how we travel, microwave, dishwasher... Stuff like that.

Maybe I am over simplifying it.

I can see robotics being revolutionizing.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Figster said:

Nope.  People will still be the same morons shelling out for oogie-boogie "science" marketed by charlatans.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  Not really.  Electricity, radio, TV, how we travel, microwave, dishwasher... Stuff like that.

Maybe I am over simplifying it.

I can see robotics being revolutionizing.

As was the production line.  You are focused on robotics, so you want that answer....but it’s just one of many. 

57 minutes ago, Augie said:

"Revolutionized."  Not "enhanced."  An internet-enabled fridge doesn't revolutionize anything.  

And "household invention."  

I mean...EII was pretty clear...for once...remarkably.  May not happen again in our lifetimes.

• Haha (+1) 3