Cuomo blames weather, not taxes, for people leaving NYS

For me at least it was 100% economy. I never wanted to leave, but when my wife and I finished college neither of us could find jobs close to home in our chosen fields so we ended up in South Carolina. At the time I thought it would be temporary, we’d get some experience and move back. I’ve been in SC 6 years now and between the high cost of living and draconian gun laws, I don’t see myself ever moving back unless something drastic changes politically in NY. Other than my family, the weather is actually one of the things I miss. Summers here are too hot and winters aren’t cold enough.

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Funny you should say this.  I found that when I lived in the Bay Area the most obnoxious, insufferable, smug bastards were people that had recently moved there from other parts of the country.  

Sounds like summers down the shore in Jersey. :ph34r:

14 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Funny you should say this.  I found that when I lived in the Bay Area the most obnoxious, insufferable, smug bastards were people that had recently moved there from other parts of the country.  

They probably moved to the Bay Area from some Deplorable Red State because they wanted to be around other woke folks who "get it"

Ref South Park S10E02 "Smug Alert"

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Isn't this a disingenuous statement since states are not allowed to create or enter into international trade agreements?  They are blaming Cuomo for something he has no control over.  This statement is similar to when people blame Trump for something that he has no control over.

I do not think that is blaming Cuomo for not acting on an international level (although NYS does have agreements with Canadian Provinces, no?). I think it is pointing out that Trump helped upstate (yet to come), and Cuomo has not (although the Buffalo Billions was a try at helping Buffalo before everyone was convicted of something-or-another).

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not think that is blaming Cuomo for not acting on an international level (although NYS does have agreements with Canadian Provinces, no?). I think it is pointing out that Trump helped upstate (yet to come), and Cuomo has not (although the Buffalo Billions was a try at helping Buffalo before everyone was convicted of something-or-another).

Perhaps, but it's still at best an apples-to-oranges comparison, and not entirely fair to Cuomo.

She should organize a group and hound him all the while screaming at him at the top of their lungs. They should camp outside his office, outside his house, hound his family too. Don’t let up. Never stop. 

Wait. Oh right. DiBlowzer is a Dem. 

Nevermind.