Army-45 @ UB-13

PromoTheRobot

Johnson goes from being a starter today too a short pattern flanker in the red zone and he certainly was a no factor in that role.His hamstring injury is not a minor one since he's only been on the field for 3 plays in the past 6 qtrs,during that time,the offense has produced just 20 points.Hats off to Army...they were well prepared and came into town to straight up play some smashmouth football.

Finally finished the game on tape delay. Hats off to Army. Talk about I imposing your will. So much for 14-0.

What I don't get is why did they not throw more? I get that they needed to extend possessions to give the defense a rest. But when you're down 2-3 scores late? They threw in the towel.

You also saw why UB goes for it on 4th so much.

Kudos to the crowd. They filled the house.

Oh well. On to Central Michigan.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Finally finished the game on tape delay. Hats off to Army. Talk about I imposing your will. So much for 14-0.

What I don't get is why did they not throw more? I get that they needed to extend possessions to give the defense a rest. But when you're down 2-3 scores late? They threw in the towel.

You also saw why UB goes for it on 4th so much.

Kudos to the crowd. They filled the house.

Oh well. On to Central Michigan.

It was the most packed house I’ve seen in 10 years 

started great but couldn’t answer army’s punch... and yes it was really bad playcalling for UBs offense, they should’ve been throwing more

46 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It was the most packed house I’ve seen in 10 years 

started great but couldn’t answer army’s punch... and yes it was really bad playcalling for UBs offense, they should’ve been throwing more

Play calling had nothing to do with the outcome. Army was not only better but they were tougher. The Bulls knew what they were going to do on offense but still couldn't stop them. There is no shame in losing to a team that almost beat Oklahoma on the road. 

I'm glad there was good crowd. This wasn't a devastating loss so much as a measuring stick game against a better team.  Now they know where they stand. The Bulls need to regather themselves and get back on the winning path.against their league opponents.  By the end of the season if they earn an invitation to a credible bowl they will have had a successful season. Make no mistake this program's trajectory under their current coach is upward. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Play calling had nothing to do with the outcome. Army was not only better but they were tougher. The Bulls knew what they were going to do on offense but still couldn't stop them. There is no shame in losing to a team that almost beat Oklahoma on the road. 

I'm glad there was good crowd. This wasn't a devastating loss so much as a measuring stick game against a better team.  Now they know where they stand. The Bulls need to regather themselves and get back on the winning path.against their league opponents.  By the end of the season if they earn an invitation to a credible bowl they will have had a successful season. Make no mistake this program's trajectory under their current coach is upward. 

Play calling was still not good even if the outcome wouldnt have changed much

they were the most passive they have been all year. The first two drives were good and after the TD was called back they sank into run run pass predictability 

Army was super physical and I tip my cap. UB didn’t have a counter to Army’s counter punch

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Play calling was still not good even if the outcome wouldnt have changed much

they were the most passive they have been all year. The first two drives were good and after the TD was called back they sank into run run pass predictability 

Army was super physical and I tip my cap. UB didn’t have a counter to Army’s counter punch

The score was 42-13. They dominated the Bulls. Buffalo's offensive strategy had no bearing on this game. The reality is that there was no turning point in this game because the indomitable Army team steamrolled the Bulls. 

What was disappointing was not the loss so much as the domination in front of a large crowd. All is not lost. They need to win their conference games and finish the season strong. What I don't want to hear is excuses why the inferior team got there arses whipped. 

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The score was 42-13. They dominated the Bulls. Buffalo's offensive strategy had no bearing on this game. The reality is that there was no turning point in this game because the indomitable Army team steamrolled the Bulls. 

What was disappointing was not the loss so much as the domination in front of a large crowd. All is not lost. They need to win their conference games and finish the season strong. What I don't want to hear is excuses why the inferior team got there arses whipped. 

You can say that all you want but I was there and when UB scored to make it 14-0 they had all the momentum. They called a holding , took the TD back , they punted and they never had the same fire 

it was still a game at halftime and again UBs offense did nothing after their first TD possession

Army was great but UBs offense was bad. I have had seasons since 99 and this reminded me of those days

not being able to stop army is one thing... not being able to score and running more than you threw is another 

Even Leipold said that their rhythm was off

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.