Army-45 @ UB-13

PromoTheRobot

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can say that all you want but I was there and when UB scored to make it 14-0 they had all the momentum. They called a holding , took the TD back , they punted and they never had the same fire 

it was still a game at halftime and again UBs offense did nothing after half

Army was great but UBs offense was bad. I have had seasons since 99 and this reminded me of those days

not being able to stop army is one thing... not being able to score and running more than you threw is another 

What difference does it make if one is at the game or watched it on TV. A football game is a four quarter game. If things don't go your way in the first half there is still plenty of time to catch up. I DVRed the game and was able to watch the second half. The Bulls were overwhelmed in this game. They couldn't stop Army even when they knew what they were going to do. So stop this foolishness with your lame excuses. They got there arses kicked by the superior team. There is no other way to describe it. It's time for the Bulls to move on to the next game. Making excuses in a 42-13 game is absurd. Trust your eyes. The far superior team won. 

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What difference does it make if one is at the game or watched it on TV. A football game is a four quarter game. If things don't go your way in the first half there is still plenty of time to catch up. I DVRed the game and was able to watch the second half. The Bulls were overwhelmed in this game. They couldn't stop Army even when they knew what they were going to do. So stop this foolishness with your lame excuses. They got there arses kicked by the superior team. There is no other way to describe it. It's time for the Bulls to move on to the next game. Making excuses in a 42-13 game is absurd. Trust your eyes. The far superior team won. 

I agreed with you that army was the better team 

my point was the Bulls offense was not in its typical rhythm.

But There was zero chance they were stopping Army’s triple option... I had this one circled all year because I know Army is damn good

they imposed their will

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I agreed with you that army was the better team 

my point was the Bulls offense was not in its typical rhythm.

But There was zero chance they were stopping Army’s triple option... I had this one circled all year because I know Army is damn good

they imposed their will

They badly lost to a team that almost beat Oklahoma on the road. There is no shame to that. The season isn't lost. Especially if they can win the conference and earn a credible bowl invitation. No one can deny that UB has steadily upgraded their program. This game demonstrated to the program that there is still a long way to go. They played a good team and lost. I would rather see them schedule challenging games than cupcake games such as Delaware State. Smart and mature teams learn more from their losses than their victories. It's time to regroup and move on. There are still plenty of opportunities in this schedule to move forward.  

Just now, JohnC said:

They badly lost to a team that almost beat Oklahoma on the road. There is no shame to that. The season isn't lost. Especially if they can win the conference and earn a credible bowl invitation. No one can deny that UB has steadily upgraded their program. This game demonstrated to the program that there is still a long way to go. They played a good team and lost. I would rather see them schedule challenging games than cupcake games such as Delaware State. Smart and mature teams learn more from their losses than their victories. It's time to regroup and move on. There are still plenty of opportunities in this schedule to move forward.  

agreed 

Damn, UB and Cuse lost, WTH !!

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Play calling had nothing to do with the outcome. Army was not only better but they were tougher. The Bulls knew what they were going to do on offense but still couldn't stop them. There is no shame in losing to a team that almost beat Oklahoma on the road. 

I'm glad there was good crowd. This wasn't a devastating loss so much as a measuring stick game against a better team.  Now they know where they stand. The Bulls need to regather themselves and get back on the winning path.against their league opponents.  By the end of the season if they earn an invitation to a credible bowl they will have had a successful season. Make no mistake this program's trajectory under their current coach is upward. 

I see they have some Miami players on board, this will be vital moving forward.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Damn, UB and Cuse lost, WTH !!

I see they have some Miami players on board, this will be vital moving forward.

The Bulls coach has done a terrific job. The second tier prospects are starting to realize that if they go to a top tier program where it overflows with talent they won't get the opportunity to play as they would with a program such as UB. And what you are starting to see more and more are highly recruited players who don't get an opportunity to play are not going to stand pat and have a career where they get stuck on the bench. So you see more player movement to what is considered second tier programs that still play a very good brand of football. UB has recently been a program where if players demonstrate a pro ability they can get drafted from their program. The Bulls coach is not only a good recruiter but he is a good developer of talent.That has to be appealing to the recruiting prospects.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.