Joe B.: Bills Sacrificing Miserable Season For Long-Term Growth

BuffaloRush

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

But youth movement they expected to be bad is the newest spin so wouldnt the youth WRs of Coleman and Reilly to see if there is something there fit this reported expectation?

So It isnt the youth movement as recently talked about. 

Again, I don't think Reilly was as good as everyone thought. I thought Dez Lewis was going to be a boss. He wasn't. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Lonh success what have the Seahawks done had a

couple year run??? Philly going to be good for a long time 

I mean Chip Kellys dream team. And the Hawks had a solid 6-7 years

20 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Great comments from Joe B.  He does a great job putting things into perspective and has been echoing what many of us have been saying for a while.  Read the comments in bold

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-buffalo-bills-los-angeles-chargers-9_16_18

I know they are safe and are rebuilding just disagree with the timing.

last year should have been a total housing cleaning and then be in a better position this year and with talent around Allen so he can make better progress instead of running for his life.

But that is water under the bridge and hope we can make small gains while getting the top pick, GO BILLS !!!

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Actually Wyatt Teller looked pretty darn good in pre season

Yeah maybe.  Joe makes the case for him to start over John Miller (Doug Whaley draft pick).  At this point, I would be fine with shaking the line up.  If McDermott could play, I'd be cool with giving him some time as well

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I know they are safe and are rebuilding just disagree with the timing.

last year should have been a total housing cleaning and then be in a better position this year and with talent around Allen so he can make better progress instead of running for his life.

But that is water under the bridge and hope we can make small gains while getting the top pick, GO BILLS !!!

Yeah I know what you mean, I think they were kind of caught off-guard by their success.  They just had a lot of good bounces and when they were 5-2, they went all-in to end The Drought which they did.  Problem is, they never really had a good young nucleus and no answer at QB.  That's why were are getting this 2018

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

Yeah maybe.  Joe makes the case for him to start over John Miller (Doug Whaley draft pick).  At this point, I would be fine with shaking the line up.  If McDermott could play, I'd be cool with giving him some time as well

This is one of the honest things I cannot agree with the coaches on......

Wyatt Teller missed some assignments in pre season.....but on a consistant play to play basis he was flat mauling people especially in the run game

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Again, I don't think Reilly was as good as everyone thought. I thought Dez Lewis was going to be a boss. He wasn't. 

I mean Chip Kellys dream team. And the Hawks had a solid 6-7 years

I dont think he wasnt that great either. However if this youth movement was really expected and everything like the recent spin Him and Coleman fit that expectation over Holmes and Kerley.

instead it sure smells like this your movement and growth year talk is damage control for building a crap old roster. 

Ooo speaking youth movement if it was really the expectation why are we one of the oldest rosters? 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Believer said:

If 2018 is in the tank... trade McCoy... let him finish his career with a contender... and get some value for him while we can... 

How much do you think teams will give up for a 30 year old RB?  Last time I heard anyone with knowledge speak on it, it was about 6th round pick AT BEST

Just now, John from Riverside said:

This is one of the honest things I cannot agree with the coaches on......

Wyatt Teller missed some assignments in pre season.....but on a consistant play to play basis he was flat mauling people especially in the run game

They have to do something....the OL is dreadful

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont think he wasnt that great either. However if this youth movement was really expected and everything like the recent spin Him and Coleman fit that expectation over Holmes and Kerley. 

Keeping junk players just because they're "young" is silly. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

How much do you think teams will give up for a 30 year old RB?  Last time I heard anyone with knowledge speak on it, it was about 6th round pick AT BEST

Then fine take the 6th round pick alot of OL come from those areas in the draft. 

Heck even RBs are coming from later rounds 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

praying that we get OT Jonah Williams if we don't get Bosa.

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Keeping junk players just because they're "young" is silly. 

They gave you JUST AS much as Kerley (gone) Holmes (Cant Catch) 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Don't be so negative.  Also which GOOD young players did they dump?

Watkins, Goodwin, Hogan, Woods, Darby, Gilmore, Glenn

Edited by MAJBobby

Why would you bring back Kyle Williams? Or keep Shady? How does the defense taking massive steps in the wrong direction, despite no major subtractions help the long term gain? How is the Oline helping anything long term? You have younger guys on the bench and useless veteran turnstiles in the starting lineup? None of this makes and sense to me. Only playing Allen and Edmunds. That’s the only thing that I can see with the long term goal in mind. And they are not what has been concerning. This is some bull **** controlled message here. Nothing about this needs to happen. Getting completely blown off the ball on both sides is not a step in a rebuild. If it’s about the future, get Kyle out and Phillips in. Trade clay. Get both of the terrible guards out and get Teller in. Put bodine in at center and play Groy at Guard. Get Holmes out and play Foster and McCloud. If you are doing it, then do it. If you are getting your asses kicked and now you are reaching for an excuse, save it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why would you bring back Kyle Williams? Or keep Shady? How does the defense taking massive steps in the wrong direction, despite no major subtractions help the long term gain? How is the Oline helping anything long term? You have younger guys on the bench and useless veteran turnstiles in the starting lineup? None of this makes and sense to me. Only playing Allen and Edmunds. That’s the only thing that I can see with the long term goal in mind. And they are not what has been concerning. This is some bull **** controlled message here. Nothing about this needs to happen. Getting completely blown off the ball on both sides is not a step in a rebuild. If it’s about the future, get Kyle out and Phillips in. Trade clay. Get both of the terrible guards out and get Teller in. Put bodine in at center and play Groy at Guard. Get Holmes out and play Foster and McCloud. If you are doing it, then do it. If you are getting your asses kicked and now you are reaching for an excuse, save it.

It is SPIN. For getting smoked. 

At No point in offseason did they play this like this was expected and going to happen

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Getting what exactly? 

Again, they dumped GOOD young players for what reason? The process? The !@#$ does that mean?

They put a lot into 2 things:

- putting together enough draft capital to land josh allen

- cleaning up our cap spending 

It might actually be genius.  They’re set up to have a huge draft next year, and pick up 3-4 impact free agents.  The Yankees basically did the same thing a few years back.

• Haha (+1) 1