Brandon Reilly scheduled to visit Cardinals & Redskins

Navin

Just now, Navin said:

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/ex-husker-brandon-reilly-blindsided-after-being-cut-by-bills/article_05eaccbb-a5fd-54e2-a53e-e34a33c03d31.html

If Beane and McD plan to tank, they should have at least kept favorites like Reilly around to mitigate the fan base anger

LOL if thwhy were in the business of pleasing fans, they should have signed Fred Jackson to start at RB, Stevie Johnson at WR and John Murphy at LT to watch Nate Peterman’s blindside

7 minutes ago, Navin said:

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/ex-husker-brandon-reilly-blindsided-after-being-cut-by-bills/article_05eaccbb-a5fd-54e2-a53e-e34a33c03d31.html

If Beane and McD plan to tank, they should have at least kept favorites like Reilly around to mitigate the fan base anger

Somehow I just don't think that having Reilly around would have mitigated one iota of the fan base anger displayed after Sunday's debacle in Baltimore. 

3 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

He is a white wr, who made  2 really tough catches the previous year in preseason... thats about it, fans started strapping on their knee pads to go down on him ever since then.

I remember those posts last year screaming at Beane and mcDermott about why they wouldn't bring Reilly onto the active roster to fix the WR situation instead of trading for guys and bring in street FAs.....

I like Brandon as much as the next guy but have you seen his twitter? I'm thinking he wanted to move on. Dissed the OL on Aug 28 publicly. I'm not going back now but put a tweet that he met the Bills OL today and had a line of trash bins.....that's going to get you cut from any employer.

10 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I like Brandon as much as the next guy but have you seen his twitter? I'm thinking he wanted to move on. Dissed the OL on Aug 28 publicly. I'm not going back now but put a tweet that he met the Bills OL today and had a line of trash bins.....that's going to get you cut from any employer.

His twitter has a few negative things aimed at the Bills. He comes across as a complete punk (to me at least) in a bunch of other Tweets.

8 hours ago, COTC said:

Man. Living life on the cusp must be difficult. No security at all. Day to day stress must be high. 

I get what you're saying from a job perspective but this is a 25 year old guy who made 100k last year on the practice squad and most likely had his housing paid for.  If you made 100k at 25 with most of your expenses paid, a degree to fall back on and no student loans would you be that stressed?  I imagine some of that cash made it to a savings account.  

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I get what you're saying from a job perspective but this is a 25 year old guy who made 100k last year on the practice squad and most likely had his housing paid for.  If you made 100k at 25 with most of your expenses paid, a degree to fall back on and no student loans would you be that stressed?  I imagine some of that cash made it to a savings account.  

A degree in VCR/DVD repair or some other student athlete degree is not a great parachute to fall back on if you haven't already banked a few years of active roster paychecks.

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

A degree in VCR/DVD repair or some other student athlete degree is not a great parachute to fall back on if you haven't already banked a few years of active roster paychecks.

He was academic All Big Ten twice, and a six time scholar athlete at Nebraska.  He will be just fine in life.