Every Josh Allen Throw Vs. Ravens

Prickly Pete

Just now, Warcodered said:

does that work? Also are they outside the strike zone when they actually hit the catcher's glove and fall out?

Did I miss the part where the WRs started playing more poorly after Allen came in? The EXACT SAME THING happened in the first half, arguably worse, but that's just because the QB was bad. No one caught a thing, and Benjamin was jogging short-arming passes the whole game. The biggest difference was that the first half was against a starting unit trying to win, but by the fourth quarter it was a glorified 5th preseason game.

It's so bizarre to me that the first half blame is on the QB, but the second half is on the WRs when the WRs didn't change, and their play didn't decrease. They were awful start to finish. If that tipped pass to Logan Thomas goes for a pick that's on him, but the slant route right to Benjamin who got outworked is just another pick for a QB we hate.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Did I miss the part where the WRs started playing more poorly after Allen came in? The EXACT SAME THING happened in the first half, arguably worse, but that's just because the QB was bad. No one caught a thing, and Benjamin was jogging short-arming passes the whole game. The biggest difference was that the first half was against a starting unit trying to win, but by the fourth quarter it was a glorified 5th preseason game.

It's so bizarre to me that the first half blame is on the QB, but the second half is on the WRs when the WRs didn't change, and their play didn't decrease. They were awful start to finish. If that tipped pass to Logan Thomas goes for a pick that's on him, but the slant route right to Benjamin who got outworked is just another pick for a QB we hate.

That doesn't work Josh Allen got first downs Peterman did not.

52 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Drops all over the place.  I am not sure how they'll draft an entire wideout corps next year, but they will need to.

Who will be available in FA? We can draft one and fill the rest with our $$$

So much of playing QB well is the repetition, the timing subtleties...they blew it. How much better would Allen be if he had gotten the reps in training camp? Gotten the reps this week? Even a play like the non-handoff to McCoy might have been different if he had run it a bunch in practice.

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Did I miss the part where the WRs started playing more poorly after Allen came in? The EXACT SAME THING happened in the first half, arguably worse, but that's just because the QB was bad...

hate.

Troll.

You're blocked.

Edited by OJ Tom

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

against 3rd stringers.

So what are you saying that Allen did bad or that it doesn't count you really need to pick one and stick with it.

Seriously what is your argument here that Allen didn't do enough? That Peterman despite doing essentially absolutely nothing with a 0 for his QB rating should still start? What are you trying to say?

1 minute ago, OJ Tom said:

So much of playing QB well is the repetition, the timing subtleties...they blew it. How much better would Allen be if he had gotten the reps in training camp? Gotten the reps this week? Even a play like the non-handoff to McCoy might have been different if he had run it a bunch in practice.

You're blocked.

It's hard listening to things outside your echo chamber, I get it.

Just now, Warcodered said:

So what are you saying that Allen did bad or that it doesn't count you really need to pick one and stick with it.

Seriously what is your argument here that Allen didn't do enough? That Peterman despite doing essentially absolutely nothing with a 0 for his QB rating should still start? What are you trying to say?

What I'm trying to say is that there's a really strange double standard going on here where the same facts are being used to trash one player and praise another who had pretty similar results. They both played poorly, but their WRs were worse than both of them, the O-line was awful, they couldn't and didn't run and the defense was a sieve. The entire team around both QBs was a constant. They performed the same start to finish. The QBs were the only variable  on the Bills side and neither had any success.

What I'm also saying is the minute edge that Allen had in production should be considered with respect that the Ravens had their defensive stars on the sidelines.

I'm super confused how one guy was trash and the other "must absolutely start" based off the same results.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

What I'm trying to say is that there's a really strange double standard going on here where the same facts are being used to trash one player and praise another who had pretty similar results. They both played poorly, but their WRs were worse than both of them, the O-line was awful, they couldn't and didn't run and the defense was a sieve. The entire team around both QBs was a constant. They performed the same start to finish. The QBs were the only variable  on the Bills side and neither had any success.

What I'm also saying is the minute edge that Allen had in production should be considered with respect that the Ravens had their defensive stars on the sidelines.

I'm super confused how one guy was trash and the other "must absolutely start" based off the same results.

No, Allen threw 5-6 very good passes and Nate threw none. I don't know the math but it's about 872,700% better. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

So what you're missing is one guy moved the ball down the field and the other didn't?

• Like (+1) 2