Just Do It

donbb

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A sports store in Colorado is liquidating all of its Nike gear after the brand made Colin Kaepernick the new face of its “Just Do It” campaign.

The owner of Prime Time Sports, Stephen Martin, told KRDO that he knows his business will suffer due to the large inventory of Nike stock but he does not care. Martin, who has owned the store for 21 years, says Kaepernick has not sacrificed anything in his career, while pointing to images of veterans and fallen service members hung on his storefront.

This is very sad, terribly tragic, and very raw. 

Thank you for sharing that.  

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

GET WOKE, GO BROKE: 

2018 NFL Kickoff Ratings Lower Than 2017’s (Which Were Lower than 2016’s) (Which Were Lower Than 2015’s) (Which Were Lower Than 2014’s).

Related: “And, by the way, the wildest thing about all of this is if you point out all of these ratings declines and say your hypothesis is it’s related to Kap’s politics, far left wingers lose their minds and refuse to accept it as a possibility at all. Maybe it’s all just a coincidence that ratings are down nearly 25% since Kaepernick started his protest,..................................................... but doesn’t that seem incredibly coincidental?”

I forgot there was a game and instead chose to watch a movie once I realized there was a game.

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

And this is why Nike did what it did.....

Nike’s online sales jumped 31% after company unveiled Kaepernick campaign, data show

After an initial dip immediately after the news broke, Nike’s NKE, -0.12% online sales actually grew 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday, as compared with a 17% gain recorded for the same period of 2017, according to San Francisco–based Edison Trends.

“You can be darn sure that Nike has done its research and knows what will move its product and who this campaign will resonate with,” said Goldman. “They are the ones [Nike has] decided will be its future customers, so, if others are getting upset, [Nike has] planned for that, and it doesn’t care.”

Which means, sadly, they are profiteering off one of the hot button social issues of our time.  Or, you know, leave it to George Soros and his crowd. 

Time will tell, but screw 'em either way. 

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

And this is why Nike did what it did.....

Nike’s online sales jumped 31% after company unveiled Kaepernick campaign, data show

After an initial dip immediately after the news broke, Nike’s NKE, -0.12% online sales actually grew 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday, as compared with a 17% gain recorded for the same period of 2017, according to San Francisco–based Edison Trends.

“You can be darn sure that Nike has done its research and knows what will move its product and who this campaign will resonate with,” said Goldman. “They are the ones [Nike has] decided will be its future customers, so, if others are getting upset, [Nike has] planned for that, and it doesn’t care.”

I think this is perfectly in line with my take. First quarter next year will see a stock plunge.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

ha-ha-ha.jpg

One of the more amusing quotes Woodward's book was when Spicer kept trying to get Mattis to go on cable television shows.  Mattis apparently said, 

"I've killed people for a living. If you call me again, I'm going to f---ing send you to Afghanistan. Are we clear?"

• Haha (+1) 2

Who is the real extreme side of this issue ?

Careful now. To demonstrate any irreverence toward the disrespect NFL players show the American flag could result in harassment and threats from progressives, as a jeweler learned in Massachusetts:

Sturbridge-based Garieri Jewelers purchased a billboard in Charlton that shows a man proposing to a woman on a football field.

Scott Garieri sells engagement rings.

His billboard reads: “If you’re going to take a knee this season, please have a ring in your hand!”

The reference is of course to Black Lives Matter activists in the National Football League. Inspired by Face of Nike Colin Kaepernick, they engage in disrespectful antics during the national anthem to protest America committing “racial injustice” by arresting black criminals.

Garieri wasn’t trying to be political, but just to make “a good play of words.”

But the Left has succeeded in its objective of politicizing literally everything, including football and engagement ring ads that refer to football.

[A] crowd of critics hit social media, calling it racist, disgusting, bigoted. One even told Garieri’s daughter to kill herself and other graphic threats.

“And they’re going to urinate on our sidewalks and vomit on our showcases. It’s like, you know, what’s wrong with people?” he asks.

In a word, moonbattery is what’s wrong with them.

To his immense credit, Garieri is leaving the billboard up, even though leftists don’t like it.

hager Jeweler Receives Death Threat Over If Youre Going To Take A Knee Billboard

Liberals are nuts.............................You are NOT allowed to disagree with them

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Who is the real extreme side of this issue ?

Careful now. To demonstrate any irreverence toward the disrespect NFL players show the American flag could result in harassment and threats from progressives, as a jeweler learned in Massachusetts:

Sturbridge-based Garieri Jewelers purchased a billboard in Charlton that shows a man proposing to a woman on a football field.

Scott Garieri sells engagement rings.

His billboard reads: “If you’re going to take a knee this season, please have a ring in your hand!”

The reference is of course to Black Lives Matter activists in the National Football League. Inspired by Face of Nike Colin Kaepernick, they engage in disrespectful antics during the national anthem to protest America committing “racial injustice” by arresting black criminals.

Garieri wasn’t trying to be political, but just to make “a good play of words.”

But the Left has succeeded in its objective of politicizing literally everything, including football and engagement ring ads that refer to football.

[A] crowd of critics hit social media, calling it racist, disgusting, bigoted. One even told Garieri’s daughter to kill herself and other graphic threats.

“And they’re going to urinate on our sidewalks and vomit on our showcases. It’s like, you know, what’s wrong with people?” he asks.

In a word, moonbattery is what’s wrong with them.

To his immense credit, Garieri is leaving the billboard up, even though leftists don’t like it.

hager Jeweler Receives Death Threat Over If Youre Going To Take A Knee Billboard

Liberals are nuts.............................You are NOT allowed to disagree with them

Nothing demonstrates the sheer bloody-minded stupidity of this faux-issue than liberals jumping up-and-down screaming about how you can't disrespect the man disrespecting the flag.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A liberal on another board put up a picture Kap and told me that there is a QB on the market who my Bills could use.

I thought about it and said that's a great idea - put Kap behind this line and he'll be wishing all the teams colluded.  We don't get Allen destroyed this year............and, Kap is a great scrambler.   Win/win