Week 1: Ravens Game Preparation - Nathan Peterman & Groy Starting

/dev/null

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Official injury statuses for the game don't come out until Friday.

Oh I know but I didn’t think there were really any issues with him at all this week. I know there were very minor issues like two weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, eball said:

That's just McD throwing some Shade at the Ravens.

And then he turned ten years old?

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No, I'd say Dennison was holding them back and Daboll is an upgrade. When they put up 775 points and 11,500 yards over 2 consecutive seasons we can talk about the QB.

I'd say it would unquestionably be a bit of both. Not this year, but in future, they expect Allen to be better than Tyrod and to make the pick worth it he has to be. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd say it would unquestionably be a bit of both. Not this year, but in future, they expect Allen to be better than Tyrod and to make the pick worth it he has to be. 

Allen, undoubtedly. Peterman, no. And scoring 300 points to be comparable to the distinctly worst of 3 years of offense says little about the QB that played the majority of all 3 years. Dennison was a toddler slamming square pegs into round and triangular holes.

Cover 1's Erik Turner Breaks Down Bills vs. Ravens for The Athletic:

Bills Film Room: Scouting the Week 1 Matchup with the Ravens...

USATSI_10240433-1024x683.jpg

The Bills’ 2018 season kicks off this weekend against the Baltimore Ravens – the team they faced to open their 2016 campaign – and this matchup is setting up to be a similar dogfight. In that game, the Ravens squeaked out a win at home 13-7.

Starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor was under pressure on 44.4% of his dropbacks and was ultimately sacked two times. Taylor finished 15 for 22 for 11 yards and zero touchdowns. LeSean McCoy only racked up 58 yards on 16 carries and crossed the goal line one time as the Ravens simply manhandled the Bills offense and had just enough offensive output to pull out the win.

This matchup at M&T Bank Field will likely unfold in a similar manner. The Bills announced Nathan Peterman as the starter for the game and he flat out earned the gig this preseason, finishing 33/41 for 431 yards and three touchdowns. Peterman saw the field rather well, identified coverages quickly and got the ball out of his hand. In fact, per Pro Football Focus (PFF) from snap to attempt, Peterman got the ball out in 2.29 seconds, which tied him with Patriots QB Tom Brady.

Getting the ball out quickly will likely be a common theme this season seeing as most fans expect the Bills offensive line to be one of the worst. If the Bills have any shot at putting drives together and points on the board, they will have to rely on Peterman’s pre to post snap processing along with his quick trigger.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

17 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Allen, undoubtedly. Peterman, no. And scoring 300 points to be comparable to the distinctly worst of 3 years of offense says little about the QB that played the majority of all 3 years. Dennison was a toddler slamming square pegs into round and triangular holes.

Dennison was brought here to run is offense. You want to blame anyone it is on McDermott. I said the day he was appointed Dennison can coach but he is a system guy and Tyrod doesn't fit his system.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cover 1's Erik Turner Breaks Down Bills vs. Ravens for The Athletic:

Bills Film Room: Scouting the Week 1 Matchup with the Ravens...

The Bills’ 2018 season kicks off this weekend against the Baltimore Ravens – the team they faced to open their 2016 campaign – and this matchup is setting up to be a similar dogfight. In that game, the Ravens squeaked out a win at home 13-7.

Starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor was under pressure on 44.4% of his dropbacks and was ultimately sacked two times. Taylor finished 15 for 22 for 11 yards and zero touchdowns. LeSean McCoy only racked up 58 yards on 16 carries and crossed the goal line one time as the Ravens simply manhandled the Bills offense and had just enough offensive output to pull out the win.

This matchup at M&T Bank Field will likely unfold in a similar manner. The Bills announced Nathan Peterman as the starter for the game and he flat out earned the gig this preseason, finishing 33/41 for 431 yards and three touchdowns. Peterman saw the field rather well, identified coverages quickly and got the ball out of his hand. In fact, per Pro Football Focus (PFF) from snap to attempt, Peterman got the ball out in 2.29 seconds, which tied him with Patriots QB Tom Brady.

Getting the ball out quickly will likely be a common theme this season seeing as most fans expect the Bills offensive line to be one of the worst. If the Bills have any shot at putting drives together and points on the board, they will have to rely on Peterman’s pre to post snap processing along with his quick trigger.

Peterman has a chance to be excellent this year. Most in the media do not understand that. He could suck or he could be average of course. I really wish he played against the Bengals and browns starting DL, we would know a lot more about him

Eric Wood was unfortunate but the Richie surprisingly retiring put this offensive line in a very tough position. I can't begin to describe the dislike I have for Ducasse but it is what it is. I can't hope to be proven right about it, i have to root for him to succeed at this point.

With Peterman getting the ball out so quickly, I hope the O-line doesn't get used to it and get lazy because there will be situations where Peterman will hold the ball longer. That's really my main concern with them is them getting used to the ball coming out super quick and not blocking til the whistle...

• Like (+1) 1

I'm excited to see this offense with actual gameplanning, our elite RB, and Daboll calling plays with the intention of putting points on the board, not evaluating the Oline or skill positions.   Eager to see if he uses TEs the way Belichick does to create mismatches, and how he will get Shady the ball in space.   Daboll is not going to just call plays like Dennison, I believe he is going to focus on creating mismatches and really make the defense pay for trying to blitz.  At least that's what I hope.

I cannot wait to see our defense with a better Dline and a monster MLB out there who can run and cover. 

3 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Eric Wood was unfortunate but the Richie surprisingly retiring put this offensive line in a very tough position. I can't begin to describe the dislike I have for Ducasse but it is what it is. I can't hope to be proven right about it, i have to root for him to succeed at this point.

With Peterman getting the ball out so quickly, I hope the O-line doesn't get used to it and get lazy because there will be situations where Peterman will hold the ball longer. That's really my main concern with them is them getting used to the ball coming out super quick and not blocking til the whistle...

I think we see Teller by week 5.    Maybe for Vlad, maybe for Miller.  

• Like (+1) 1

9-5: Brandon Beane on One Bills Live (21:43)

#Bills general manager Brandon Beane joins @OneBillsLive right now on WGR!

Beane - we like where we're at on the practice field on defense, we're working hard. There are plenty of things to work on in order to get to Joe Flacco this week. #Bills

Beane - the more Tremaine Edmunds plays, the better he gets. There will be things he has not seen yet, but as the season goes, he will get better and better. #Bills

Beane - He is working his tail off, he wants to be right all the time. Unfortunately, you won't always be right, but we're happy with where he's at and we look forward to watching him all season long. #Bills

Beane - we'll start to see some continuity up front on the O-line. They were playing with different QBs in the preseason, wasn't the easiest thing. If we can stay healthy and gel this group, we can get it together as a group. #Bills

Beane - really appreciate what McCarron did here. He competed at quarterback and he gave it his all. He's a true pro, the fourth preseason game said a lot about his character. #Bills

Beane - Having two quarterbacks gives you flexibility to add another roster player. It doesn't mean we'll always stay at two, but we'll see how it goes. #Bills

Beane - we never lost faith in Peterman. I know a lot of people wrote him off, but we felt like he should start with the ones come training camp. He's not flashy, but he does so much more to help the offense. #Bills

Beane - Peterman is a professional quarterback, he can play at this level. It won't be too big for him, and he's looking forward to getting out there. #Bills