How does waiver wire work when a team claims multiple players?

The question is in the title. I haven't been able to find the answer. Every explanation of the waiver wire that I've read says that if multiple teams claim a player, the player goes to the team with the highest waiver priority, which would currently be Cleveland. That makes sense. But what happens if the Browns, for example, claim 10 players? Do they automatically get them all, or is there a secondary process?

9 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

The question is in the title. I haven't been able to find the answer. Every explanation of the waiver wire that I've read says that if multiple teams claim a player, the player goes to the team with the highest waiver priority, which would currently be Cleveland. That makes sense. But what happens if the Browns, for example, claim 10 players? Do they automatically get them all, or is there a secondary process?

They get then all. They have the priority right now

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..thought it was one per customer and then you get back in line.....don't think Tanner would be a waiver claim.....

That's what I thought. Seems to make more sense.

2 hours ago, bobblehead said:

Cleveland can get them all but they also have to sign them all. Are they really moving 10 guys to make room for 10 new ones? 

Only five.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....being 21 is an obvious disadvantage but Browns getting unlimited waiver claims because of oh fer 16 makes zero sense...........

But being in the Browns’ position to make unlimited claims with top priority has little practical value. Rosters are, for the most part, set.

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....being 21 is an obvious disadvantage but Browns getting unlimited waiver claims because of oh fer 16 makes zero sense...........

But, but in fantasy, you get to the back of the line. 1st choice is noice, too.

5 minutes ago, StrikeParry said:

But being in the Browns’ position to make unlimited claims with top priority has little practical value. Rosters are, for the most part, set.

I disagree. Having the first choice of the ones who didn't make the 53 is great. Some teams backups are better than our starters, in certain positions.

3 minutes ago, Paulus said:

But, but in fantasy, you get to the back of the line. 1st choice is noice, too.

I disagree. Having the first choice of the ones who didn't make the 53 is great. Some teams backups are better than our starters, in certain positions.

...."getting back in line" is the equitable way, right?....I think we agree.................

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...."getting back in line" is the equitable way, right?....I think we agree.................

I agree with that too...that is a fairer way of doing it. My only point was after the first few claims, you’re probably running up against diminishing returns. For every waiver claim brought in, they have to move or release someone who’s been practicing with the team all summer (unless they too were a late addition.)

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

19 minutes ago, StrikeParry said:

I agree with that too...that is a fairer way of doing it. My only point was after the first few claims, you’re probably running up against diminishing returns. For every waiver claim brought in, they have to move or release someone who’s been practicing with the team all summer (unless they too were a late addition.)

I think poster are assuming that each player or each team goes through "rounds" if you will on waiver pickups.

The number of players released yesterday was over 1,000.

32 teams releasing 37 players (less a few already released).

The way it was explained to me (can't remember who or when) goes like this.

Each team gets notified of the waived players.

Teams "pick" off that list of 1,000 players they would like to sign.

The lists are submitted and IF more than 1 team "selects" the same player it is awarded to the higher ranking team.

As the season progresses, anytime there is a waiver cut the same thing happens.

3 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

That's crazy. That would suggest that there'd really be nobody left at #21 after 20 other teams claimed as many guys as they wanted.

The Browns (or anyone else) would have to make roster spaces for each player they plucked, so they'd better be confident.  It’s seriously hard to imagine how the Browns could be so bad for so long. Just do a FEW things right and you get out of the basement.