Any notable OL cut?

KRT88

Spencer Pulley. Started all 16 games for a good Chargers line last year. He is just 25, has ben reliable and not at all bad. He lost his starting job to FA signee Mike Pouncey and the backup role to a solid rookie. Still both of the Chargers' fans were really surprised and disappointed that Pulley was cut yesterday.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

How the heck did Mcdermott makes this team. He has to be a placeholder till we find something better

They are purging the team, amassing salary cap and draft capital. Rebuilding their team for the sake of a possibly bad season. Seems pretty obvious doesn't it?

8 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

They are purging the team, amassing salary cap and draft capital. Rebuilding their team for the sake of a possibly bad season. Seems pretty obvious doesn't it?

So tanking? Hmm, I seem to recall hearing that before.

Edited by scribo
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Not really seeing anyone after cuts that jumps off the page as "we have to have this guy"

I just have this feeling that OL play is so bad in the league right now we are going to see SEVERAL draft picks go on offensive linemen next year and use our huge cap space for playmakers on the O and D side of the ball

and frankly....I think Teller has outplayed both of our OG's

Teams with a good OL have done this. For some people, which I always found laughable, that taking a stud OT in the first round is a ‘wasted pick’. What good is your franchise QB if he cant be protected?  Maybe next draft the OL will finally be the priority.

1 minute ago, scribo said:

"for the sake of a possibly bad season"

Tanking means purposefully ensuring losses.

I'm not saying they are not going to try to win with the players they have, in fact I think they'll be middle of the pack. How many top players have been cut, how much dead cap space is being absorbed this year to get to 81 million in cap space next year? It's just my opinion but I'll stand by what I wrote.

12 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

Tanking means purposefully ensuring losses.

I'm not saying they are not going to try to win with the players they have, in fact I think they'll be middle of the pack. How many top players have been cut, how much dead cap space is being absorbed this year to get to 81 million in cap space next year? It's just my opinion but I'll stand by what I wrote.

"For the sake of..." means "for the purpose of..." So I read that to mean they have been cutting players and making moves for the purpose of having a bad season. That's exactly what the Bills were accused of trying to do last year on the preseason and all the way through the final quarter of the season.

And which top players were cut this year?

Edited by scribo

12 hours ago, QCity said:

He should be brought in for a look. It's a bit odd that Tenn cut him on that cheap contract though. He probably was never going to beat out Kline at LG, but not even earning a backup spot is strange. The guy's a Mormon so off the field issues are unlikely. 

lol.. I know many Mormons and they are not all decent ppl

9 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Under 4 years must clear waivers then go on priority.

Over 4 years are UFA's

I think he has colitis or something plus a Pot suspension under his belt.

Crohns Disease - its almost the same but different ... it has a lot of the same symptoms as colitis but it's different..there's colitis, ulcerative colitis, and crohn's

Edited by Tsaikotic

13 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep, I think  Dawkins is a more natural fit at RT. 

No he isn't.  They tried that last pre-season and it was horrible. He played his whole collegiate career on the left, he struggled to mirror the motions to the right. If you don't think Dawkins is good enough to play left tackle (I think he can be a decent starter there but probably isn't what peak Cordy Glenn was) then you slide him inside to LG, where I think he would be borderline elite.

11 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Seantrel Henderson is starting at OT for the Texans.  Pretty incredible with how bad the OT play was and with the Cordy soon to be shipped out to Cinci that they let Seantrel go.  

Have you seen the Texans line this offseason? Same goes for the guard from there people are discussing too. Their line has been as crap as ours.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, scribo said:

"For the sake of..." means "for the purpose of..." So I read that to mean they have been cutting players and making moves for the purpose of having a bad season. That's exactly what the Bills were accused of trying to do last year on the preseason and all the way through the final quarter of the season.

And which top players were cut this year?

Did they have anyone left to cut?