von Moltke's Officer Matrix: Which Are You?

Fadingpain

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke (1800-1891) was a Prussian Field Marshall who is credited with being a tactical genius and inventing modern ways of directing armies in combat.  Also surely had a hell of a good sense of humor (not).

He cooked up this matrix which I thought would be fun to show here.  He basically asserts that all officer candidates, all people in fact, can be broken down into 2 critical categories: how smart you are (or dumb) and how motivated (or lazy).

His favorites were smart but lazy people as they will do what they are told but in an efficient manner. 

The absolute worse were dumb but energetic/motivated types, as they will get the army destroyed. 

I have found in the part of the business world I work in, most in managerial positions would not have survived in von Moltke's army.  They are dumb, but highly motivated to buck up the ladder.  

Which one are you!?  

Moltke_Attribute_Matrix.jpg

Kutusov from War and Peace, knew he was practically ready to face whatever he had to the next day, hated detailed what-if sessions, slept during boring meetings, liked to fully enjoy leisure time, took the good and bad results in stride

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke (1800-1891) was a Prussian Field Marshall who is credited with being a tactical genius and inventing modern ways of directing armies in combat.  Also surely had a hell of a good sense of humor (not).

He cooked up this matrix which I thought would be fun to show here.  He basically asserts that all officer candidates, all people in fact, can be broken down into 2 critical categories: how smart you are (or dumb) and how motivated (or lazy).

His favorites were smart but lazy people as they will do what they are told but in an efficient manner. 

The absolute worse were dumb but energetic/motivated types, as they will get the army destroyed. 

I have found in the part of the business world I work in, most in managerial positions would not have survived in von Moltke's army.  They are dumb, but highly motivated to buck up the ladder.  

Which one are you!?  

lazy should be changed efficient

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Which one are you!?  

I'm von Moltke.

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke (1800-1891) was a Prussian Field Marshall 

32 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm von Moltke.

When I saw that full name and that he was a Prussian Field Marshall, I somehow knew you would involve yourself in this thread ?