Breaking News

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't Bush send in federal marshalls with machine guns to move her to a facility where she can be fed?

It was OK for Clinton to send in marshalls with guns to get Elian Gonzales on either Good Friday or Holy Saturday. The libs thought that was ok then- didn't complain a bit, even praised him.

It was OK for Clinton to send in marshalls with guns to get Elian Gonzales on either Good Friday or Holy Saturday. The libs thought that was ok then- didn't complain a bit, even praised him.

287448[/snapback]

Yeah, and I bet Al Gore is still thanking Clinton for it! :doh:

I did see that some nut job broke into a gun store with the idea of grabbing all those guns to "save Terri".

The irony of it all. He was probably willing to kill people to "save a life". More proof that the apocalypse is upon us.

I did see that some nut job broke into a gun store with the idea of grabbing all those guns to "save Terri". 

The irony of it all.  He was probably willing to kill people to "save a life".  More proof that the apocalypse is upon us.

287899[/snapback]

Hell why not, Clinton did for Elion Gonzales.

I think it might be time to pull the feeding tube from this thread.  :angry:

287409[/snapback]

Amen! While we're at it can we finally pull the plug on Randall Terry's career, or Tom DeLay's tenure as House Majority leader?

On the bright side I think Jeb Bush might have singlehandedly ruined any chances he might have had for higher office over this single issue.

Interestingly, about a month or so ago a feeding tube was pulled from an infant in Houston, by the hospital, against the wishes of the parents. 

Where was the circus then?

287969[/snapback]

They were busy putting lipstick on the Social Security pig.

I've only seen the Texas law that Bush signed mentioned on ONE media source, online. Everyone else has been mum. Still getting softball questions from a press corps that's laying down on the job.

On the bright side I think Jeb Bush might have singlehandedly ruined any chances he might have had for higher office over this single issue.

His chances were slim and none before this thanks to his 5-time cocaine loser of a daughter who, surprisingly, kept getting a slap on the wrist. Ah, the Bushes!

Interestingly, about a month or so ago a feeding tube was pulled from an infant in Houston, by the hospital, against the wishes of the parents. 

287969[/snapback]

I linked that article on page 20 of this thread. It proves pretty conclusively the hypocrisy of the Bushies.

GW has said little and only signed the law brought to him by a bipartisan representation of Congress. Jeb has only done what the law allows him to and has done no more. What the Bushes have done is no more severe that what past Presidents have done when faced with similar impossible situations, such as Waco and the Gonzales case.

But you keep screming your knee-jerk "BUSH BAD!!!" accusations and bull sh--. Jeez...whats next? Going to link Halliuburton to all this?

The more that goes on, the more this case sickes me. I dont know whats worse:

1. The Hotpocket crowd bending over backwars to blame Bush, especially GW for this mess.

2. The Schindlers wasting everyones time and money with appeal after appeal after appeal. As time goes on, Im thinking more and more they are just enjoying the attention more than anything else.

3. MANY people, including the Schindlers, have NO PROBELM with our laws being broken wide open to "save Terri".

4. The politicians, especially Congress, grandstanding and openly trying to re-write our laws on the run, again seemingly having no problem overstepping their bounds.

5. The religious right making all kinds of threats to the politicians, again asking them to break the law.

I could go on and on...tis whole thing is so !@#$ing ugly is makes that Waco and Gonzales casse look tame. Its become such a circus, so !@#$ed up, you wind up wishing Terri would "just die, already" so that this damn thing will just come to an end. You see Terri on TV and you instinctually wind up hating HER, becuase at the end of the day, shes the center of all this. Meanwhile, everyone else trots around, pontificates on TV how "right" they are and puts aside half oftheir convictions, morals, and even legal obligations for that cuase. Its like they are whoring out their ideals just for this one cause. Sad.

I just think that the Bush administration loses all credibility when they run to the courts and legislature seeking relief... Save that for the whiny liberals.

0:)

288097[/snapback]

How dare the Reps steal the Dem strategy. :D

GW has said little and only signed the law brought to him by a bipartisan representation of Congress. Jeb has only done what the law allows him to and has done no more. What the Bushes have done is no more severe that what past Presidents have done when faced with similar impossible situations, such as Waco and the Gonzales case.

But you keep screming your knee-jerk "BUSH BAD!!!" accusations and bull sh--. Jeez...whats next? Going to link Halliuburton to all this?

The more that goes on, the more this case sickes me. I dont know whats worse:

1. The Hotpocket crowd bending over backwars to blame Bush, especially GW for this mess.

It's one thing to make the argument that it's a bunch of whiners blaming Bush, and quite another to put this in the grand scheme. If he doesn't support it, he shouldn't have signed it. He signed the Texas law. I don't care how many legislators vote for a bill to put mercury in the drinking water at 367 River Road, Springfield, MO, I don't so much sign that. Add this to the expectation that the Senate will approve all of his judicial nominations. So, either he's a hypocrite, which is bad, or he doesn't believe in the system of checks and balances, which, him being the President, is worse. Question, tho. How can you write No. 1 and then write No. 4? Sorry, but while he's surely not the only one, he could have stopped all the stupidity with a veto or pocket veto.

2. The Schindlers wasting everyones time and money with appeal after appeal after appeal. As time goes on, Im thinking more and more they are just enjoying the attention more than anything else.

In college, they called this practice "professor-shopping" to pick the most lenient, laissez-faire, easy-grading profs around. (I always liked the hard profs better b/c it was a challenge, and you do your best work like that). Seventeen different courts they've been to now? They have ZERO respect for the law, zero respect for Teri, and they're so used to the role of being the caretakers and having something interesting to talk about and rally around that they will not let go to the vessel that once carried her spirit.

Word is that there are only "hours left." Godspeed, Teri.

Seventeen different courts they've been to now? They have ZERO respect for the law, zero respect for Teri, and they're so used to the role of being the caretakers and having something interesting to talk about and rally around that they will not let go to the vessel that once carried her spirit.

Word is that there are only "hours left." Godspeed, Teri.

288147[/snapback]

Everytime I hear something about these people, I like them less. In addition to letting this poor woman die with some dignity, I am looking forward to having these people STFU and get out of the headlines forever.

287969[/snapback]

The protesters go where the press is. Why protest where there's no media, no bang for the buck for the cause. I also find it interesting that Sun Hudson is a poor black child & most of the Schiavo protesters are white. I wonder if they'd be there if Terri Schiavo was a Black Muslim.

The protesters go where the press is.  Why protest where there's no media, no bang for the buck for the cause.  I also find it interesting that Sun Hudson is a poor black child & most of the Schiavo protesters are white.  I wonder if they'd be there if Terri Schiavo was a Black Muslim.

288217[/snapback]

The race card, isn't that special. 0:)

The protesters go where the press is.  Why protest where there's no media, no bang for the buck for the cause.  I also find it interesting that Sun Hudson is a poor black child & most of the Schiavo protesters are white.  I wonder if they'd be there if Terri Schiavo was a Black Muslim.

288217[/snapback]

Did you also find it 'interesting' that the James Byrd case was crammed down the throat of this country while the Carr brothers case was ignored by the media? No, probably not. 0:)

Did you also find it 'interesting' that the James Byrd case was crammed down the throat of this country while the Carr brothers case was ignored by the media?  No, probably not.  0:)

288288[/snapback]

What do criminal cases have to do with patient's right to life debates?

The cases are about innocents living or dying.

Next time you want an apple, just eat an orange, they're the same, right.