Breaking News

What do criminal cases have to do with patient's right to life debates? 

The cases are about innocents living or dying.   

Next time you want an apple, just eat an orange, they're the same, right.

288318[/snapback]

Are you saying the OJ murder case was the only one occurring at the same time in the rest of the country?

The point is all the lunatics went to LA to get on TV. Same here.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying the OJ murder case was the only one occurring at the same time in the rest of the country? 

The point is all the lunatics went to LA to get on TV.  Same here.

288320[/snapback]

Agreed. Just about all protesters are lunatics with some sort of agenda. Getting on TV or having their pictures in the paper seems to be a greater priority to them than whatever they're protesting about.

The truth is, unless someone has access to all of Terri Schiavo's medical records, it's hard to draw any conclusions as to what is the right thing to do. I don't like the fact that they're killing someone who would remain alive if they just fed her. There doesn't SEEM to be anything else that would be artificially keeping her alive. However, that is a reaction, not an informed medical opinion.

I'll throw out another thing to wonder about. If both sides of the family were atheists, what would the protesters do. They'd probably be condemning her to hell.

What do criminal cases have to do with patient's right to life debates? 

The cases are about innocents living or dying.   

Next time you want an apple, just eat an orange, they're the same, right.

288318[/snapback]

Nice try. My point wasn't about criminal cases or right to die cases, it was about your bullsh-- suggestion that this case would have been ignored if she was black. I merely suggested in response that you are a hypocrite. Thanks for proving me right.

Nice try. My point wasn't about criminal cases or right to die cases, it was about your bullsh-- suggestion that this case would have been ignored if she was black. I merely suggested in response that you are a hypocrite. Thanks for proving me right.

288372[/snapback]

Nice try yourself, now learn to interpret the subject of a paragraph.

Since the same people did not protest for Sun Hudson's life, I have to ask why. My conclusion is that the PROTESTERS either didn't give a damn because Hudson wasn't like them or they couldn't get their mugs on TV.

In no way does THE MEDIA'S coverage of two crimes have anything to do with the PROTESTERS actions in right to die cases. The protesters are who I criticized. The media has nothing to do with my criticism of the protesters except for the fact that the PROTESTERS are more likely to go where the cameras are.

So-How do you determine that someone who criticizes protesters is a hypocrite when you justify it with an example of media biases-a totally different topic.

You may not be a hypocrite, but you sure are dense.

Will the Bushes ever be able to keep their big fat noses out of other's business?

288386[/snapback]

I can't really see how they can be blamed for getting involved. We elect people to represent us, recognizing that they have certain biases going in. I try to elect those who would get involved in things I care about, all they're doing is getting involved in something their base cares about.

Ever write a senator or other politician to get something done. Senator D'Amato was called Senator Pothole for a reason-if you wrote him he responded, even if you were the little guy.

I can't really see how they can be blamed for getting involved.  We elect people to represent us, recognizing that they have certain biases going in.  I try to elect those who would get involved in things I care about, all they're doing is getting involved in something their base cares about. 

Ever write a senator or other politician to get something done.  Senator D'Amato was called Senator Pothole for a reason-if you wrote him he responded, even if you were the little guy.

288391[/snapback]

They are in a tough bind right now I'll give them that. Still most of it is their own doing.

They've alienated most Americans by siding with these freaks camped out in front of the hospice, in other words their base. What they didn't expect are these very same evangelicals giving them grief, particularly poor Jeb, for not doing nearly enough to keep Terri moaning and staring vacantly for another 15 years.

They are in a tough bind right now I'll give them that. Still most of it is their own doing.

They've alienated most Americans by siding with these freaks camped out in front of the hospice, in other words their base. What they didn't expect are these very same evangelicals giving them grief, particularly poor Jeb, for not doing nearly enough to keep Terri moaning and staring vacantly for another 15 years.

288397[/snapback]

And what would you have Jeb do thats whithin the law? Please inlighten us!

And what would you have Jeb do thats whithin the law? Please inlighten us!

288398[/snapback]

If I were Jeb, as I stated in my first post which for some reason was deleted, I'd stay the hell out of it. It's none of your concern outside of petty political motivations.

If I were Jeb, as I stated in my first post which for some reason was deleted, I'd stay the hell out of it. It's none of your concern outside of petty political motivations.

288401[/snapback]

I did miss that post. I agree with you, he should have stayed out of it.

Funny how people all of a sudden get involved with this. Where were they over the last 15 years.

I did miss that post. I agree with you, he should have stayed out of it.

Funny how people all of a sudden get involved with this. Where were they over the last 15 years.

288409[/snapback]

Oh go drink a pepsi, you need to sweeten up a little. 0:)

Here's the delicious irony in this whole situation:

The same people who are arguing that an innocent woman should be starved to death are the same people that whine about our "torture" of terrorists at Gitmo and our "obscene" use of the death penalty.

Long live hypocrisy.

288401[/snapback]

Actually, it very much is his business. It is the government's duty to defend us. Nothing was in writting

I can understand the people who would want to go if they were in Schiavo's situation, and the people who think she's gone wanting it to be pulled.

But I don't even think that she is being considered as part of the arguement by a lot of people, who want to do nothing more than make a political statement. These people criticize her parents- FORGETTING the fact that they are her parents, and care for her.

My father is suffering from Dementia and multiple strokes- and if anyone tried to take what he needed, I'd make them pay, no matter what title they held

The same people who are arguing that an innocent woman should be starved to death are the same people that whine about our "torture" of terrorists at Gitmo and our "obscene" use of the death penalty.

Long live hypocrisy.

Removing her feeding tube is no different than shutting-off a ventilator, except that it takes longer for the dying process. If you think of it in those terms, it's little different than what goes on all the time, except that it's not a media circus generated by people who can't accept reality. As for her suffering, Terri Schiavo "feels" nothing because she has no cortex to interpret sensations that her nerve endings transmit. All her reactions are reflexes which are processed entirely at the spinal cord or brainstem level. She'll die peacefully.

Long live hypocrisy.

288483[/snapback]

And the same people who "value life" and "our nation of laws" and are "compassionate" have kicked Judge Greer out of his Church, wanted Jeb Bush to send in the National Guard and have the tube re-inserted at gunpoint and have called for the killing of Michael Schiavo.

Long live Hypocrisy

And the same people who "value life" and "our nation of laws" and are "compassionate" have kicked Judge Greer out of his Church, wanted Jeb Bush to send in the National Guard and have the tube re-inserted at gunpoint and have called for the killing of Michael Schiavo.

Long live Hypocrisy

288567[/snapback]

Judge Greer if he is Catholic should be excomunicated.

As far as the other two, I have never called for that.

Removing her feeding tube is no different than shutting-off a ventilator, except that it takes longer for the dying process.  If you think of it in those terms, it's little different than what goes on all the time, except that it's not a media circus generated by people who can't accept reality.  As for her suffering, Terri Schiavo "feels" nothing because she has no cortex to interpret sensations that her nerve endings transmit.  All her reactions are reflexes which are processed entirely at the spinal cord or brainstem level.  She'll die peacefully.

288566[/snapback]

You think.

No one can really KNOW, can they?

You think.

No one can really KNOW, can they?

No we don't know for sure, but if she is, she's probably also been feeling 15 years of emotional pain for "living" in such a condition. Again this is a woman who was so self-conscious about her appearance that she had bulimia, and what I learned recently, was injecting herself inappropriately with insulin, which led to her cardiac arrest.

However some objective evidence of her not feeling pain is that a CT scan has shown that her cerebral cortex has atrophied to nothing and has been replaced by CSF, and EEG readings taken of her cortex are silent. The cerebral cortex is where sensations of pain are processed as being unpleasant. So in all likelihood, she's unaware of her being starved. I've also heard no reports of her crying out or writhing in pain.

...and what I learned recently, was injecting herself inappropriately with insulin, which led to her cardiac arrest.

Now that is truly bizarre. I was unable to find this information. A search revealed only the most heinous allegations against her husband. Where did you get this?