Breaking News

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would require FNC to actually be in the process of dying. Unlike many left-tilted news networks, it is living quite find without a feeding-tube.

279760[/snapback]

One newspaper editor, on why his paper (I think it was the "NY Sun" back in the day) was failing and his subscriber list dwindling: "I could never make it bad enough!"

One newspaper editor, on why his paper (I think it was the "NY Sun" back in the day) was failing and his subscriber list dwindling: "I could never make it bad enough!"

279775[/snapback]

I just find it interesting that the existence of just one network that speaks things a bit differently is so maddening to those on the left-side of the spectrum. "Turn it off, turn it off, I disagree with it!"

Don't have a clue, co-worker sent it to me.  She is smoking though.

279777[/snapback]

Not an acceptable answer. Send said co-worker an inquiry and get back to me stat.

:huh:

No, I'm serious.

:|

That makes it even worse.  All this drama added onto her suffering.

279560[/snapback]

yeah--and maybe if she wakes up and tells people that he beat the crap out of her--explaining the healed fractures--he may be in trouble....

I just find it interesting that the existence of just one network that speaks things a bit differently is so maddening to those on the left-side of the spectrum. "Turn it off, turn it off, I disagree with it!"

279783[/snapback]

...and for those who do not quite have the mental capacity to not turn on the station in the first place...

Stuff for Idiots

...and for those who do not quite have the mental capacity to not turn on the station in the first place...

Stuff for Idiots

279825[/snapback]

wow. that guy's "facts" are no more factual than the "facts" he's calling out. just another stupid hypocrite with an agenda and a long finger only good for pointing.

We have no clue what her stated request was or what she wants, if she knows what she wants now. This is not a right to die case.

We have someone (her husband) saying she told him she wanted to die if she were in such a state. We have no one saying they heard her say she'd want to be kept alive. The parents need to stop being selfish and let go. The feeding tube is what's keeping her alive, because without it she'd die. She has no quality if life. Sometimes no life is better than "living."

We have someone (her husband) saying she told him she wanted to die if she were in such a state.  We have no one saying they heard her say she'd want to be kept alive.  The parents need to stop being selfish and let go.  The feeding tube is what's keeping her alive, because without it she'd die.  She has no quality if life.  Sometimes no life is better than "living."

279871[/snapback]

HERE HERE!!!

The husband has something to gain from her death: million dollar settlement and the ability to marry the woman he's been living with and had kids with.

279555[/snapback]

Actually, he won't see any of that, according to his attorney. Yesterday or the day before he (the attorney) said that all of that money is gone as soon as it hits because of medical bills.

We have someone (her husband) saying she told him she wanted to die if she were in such a state.  We have no one saying they heard her say she'd want to be kept alive.  The parents need to stop being selfish and let go.  The feeding tube is what's keeping her alive, because without it she'd die.  She has no quality if life.  Sometimes no life is better than "living."

279871[/snapback]

The parents argue that she would want to stay alive. I don't see why the husband's word should carry any more weight even if the law says it should. (I'm not saying they should ignore the law. My point is that the current law should be changed).

I don't know if the parents should let it go or not. But since they are the ones who are caring for her and are her parents, I don't see why they shouldn't be given some say in this matter.

Taking out the feeding tube will starve her to death. They aren't sure if she will die in a few weeks or a few days from this. If she supposedly is suffering in her state, why is starving her to death the solution. She is not having the breathing done for her. She simply just can't swallow or eat herself. That's it. There are a lot of people who have this same problem.

That being said, if the parents were okay with her being killed, then I'd be okay with it as well. But since they are providing the care and want to keep her alive, I side with them.

For what it's worth, I think Noonan's piece on the subject is worth a read. If you are pretty adamently on the husband's side I doubt you'd want to however.

Edited by JohnnyB

Actually, he won't see any of that, according to his attorney.  Yesterday or the day before he (the attorney) said that all of that money is gone as soon as it hits because of medical bills.

279894[/snapback]

I'll freely admit that I could be wrong about the detail with this case. This is not a story I have been following too closely. Still, even if the husband has nothing to gain, that doesn't change my opinion on the parents' moral rights here.

Obviously not even family member can have say here. Cousins and uncles obviously should have less sway. However, I am not sure considering our divorce rates in this country whether a spouse's opinion to let a patient die should supercede the parents' desire to keep the patient living.