Breaking News

I just think it is misleading to call this a right to die case when her wishes are not really known. It is a right to let your wife die v. a right to keep your daughter alive case.

279593[/snapback]

I think it would be safe to say that most if not all people would not want to continue living under the same circumstance.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm saying is put her down in a humane manner.  We do it for friggin criminals and animals, we should do it for her.

279622[/snapback]

Actually, lethal injection for criminals is no party. Your organs are being burned away on the inside causing death. The only reason it looks painless is because they inject a muscle relaxer first. There's been reports of criminals waking up in the middle of it screaming in pain.

I just think it is misleading to call this a right to die case when her wishes are not really known. It is a right to let your wife die v. a right to keep your daughter alive case.

279593[/snapback]

Really a sad case all around. But families are forced to make these decisions every day to take someone off life support, etc. Watching the coverage I've told members of my family that if that's me, do me a favor and pull the plug. Sometimes things aren't written in legalese and codified to the fullest extent. It's that time when the person who was closest to her and discussed these issues --- in this case, the husband --- has to make the decision according to the patient's wishes. He says she didn't want this and has endured the pain of having it dragged up in the spotlight time and time again b/c he wants to honor her wish. Sorry, but I don't question his motives just like I wouldn't want my brothers questioned and villified if they pull the plug on me just b/c there's nothing on paper.

I think she'll wake up one day.

279642[/snapback]

Yeah...and her first words will be:

"let me get this straight, you know I have an eating disorder and you guys insisted on force feeding me for 15 years??"

Really a sad case all around. But families are forced to make these decisions every day to take someone off life support, etc. Watching the coverage I've told members of my family that if that's me, do me a favor and pull the plug. Sometimes things aren't written in legalese and codified to the fullest extent. It's that time when the person who was closest to her and discussed these issues --- in this case, the husband --- has to make the decision according to the patient's wishes. He says she didn't want this and has endured the pain of having it dragged up in the spotlight time and time again b/c he wants to honor her wish. Sorry, but I don't question his motives just like I wouldn't want my brothers questioned and villified if they pull the plug on me just b/c there's nothing on paper.

279639[/snapback]

I know they defer to the spouse's wishes, but whether that is right or not is an open question in my opinion. Since the science behind what we can feel in various stages in brain damage is far from perfect, it's just not a cut and dry situation.

It hasn't?  I thought for sure at least one person from here was in the study.

279680[/snapback]

You must be confusing it w/ the full frontal lobotomy whereby a person loses their own personality and becomes a puppet for X front-organization. There's several of those.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here.  Does that make two of us?

279682[/snapback]

<rimshot> Will you be here all week? Should people try the veal? :huh:

It looks like it's coming out after all.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050318/D88TI4JG2.html

279687[/snapback]

(AP) State Sen. Nancy Argenziano, R-Dunnellon, cries tears of joy after casting her vote, thereby solidifying her voting bloc for years to come and taking away people's rights to make their own rational decisions or carry out the stated requests of loved ones.

-----

Saddening to see someone die in this manner, but it's even sadder to see someone live in that manner when they didn't want to.

State Sen. Nancy Argenziano, R-Dunnellon, cries tears of joy after casting her vote, thereby solidifying her voting bloc for years to come and taking away people's rights to make their own rational decisions or carry out the stated requests of loved ones.

279721[/snapback]

We have no clue what her stated request was or what she wants, if she knows what she wants now. This is not a right to die case.