Trump Wants To Regulate Google

9 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

First he needs to regulate the sewer that is Twitter. 

The double standards and censorship of only conservative viewpoints means that the joint needs to be scrubbed with bleach.

Twitter's a squirt of piss in the ocean compared to Google. 

12 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

If conservatives hope to survive the purge we have to stop funding those who seek to destroy us.

There is no reason to use Google, and certainly no reason to click on any Google ads.

I use Duckduckgo and occasionally bing and they work just fine.

If they lose 1/3 of their traffic to competitors their monopoly dies.

The only people anyone pays any attention to in this country anymore are politicians.

Why hasn't Trump joined Gab yet?  Why aren't Rs en masse telling everyone everyday to find them in any other way that isn't Twitter or Fakebook?  Why are we subjugating ourselves to the Dem/Media narrative every freaking day and their echo chambers on Social media?

The Rs needed to do this starting January 2017.  But they dropped the ball and didnt see what was happening. 

That the entirety of Silicon Valley, run by left wing ideologues, especially Schmidt over at Google who visited The Obama WH more than ANYONE, suddenly became used by those leftists to suppress conservative opinion in America? 

Raise your hand if you found this development stunning. 

I'm not saying Trump is going to lose.  I think he's going to win because he will hold all the usual red states (including FL) and at least one of the Blue Wall rust belt states he won in 2016.  It electorally will be narrower then 2016.  His floor is 47%.  I've said this before and I stand by it.  

But he might lose the popular vote by 5 million. 

Turnout in deep blue America will be higher than 2016.  Higher in places Trump won big.  Ohio and Florida and Georgia and North Carolina will be closer. 

Imagine how these lunatics are going to respond then.  

Republicans are fighting the fight on liberal terms.  This is not sustainable.  You can't tell the kids "hey guys, limited government! And "tax cuts!" anymore and hope that when they get older they see why and agree with you.  They don't.  

This is why Trump's Nationalist vision is the formula.  Borders.  Defense.  Spending at home.  No endless wars.  Increase manufacturing here.  Less immigration from 3rd world countries more high skill and even that should be less. 

The media knows this was such a threat to Dems they had to work from 2016-2018 to call it racist and xenophobic.  Yes.  Wanting to bring in foreigners that have an Education or money is definitely racist.  They call you racist when they can't win on merit.  

Problem is the old guard GOP can't quit the neo con and the globalists they suck up to, especially on the immigration.  Trump won foreign policy.  That's why Bolton is so mad.  And if it wasn't for Paul Ryan the tax cut would not have been as traditionally top heavy as the Bush era GOP loved their tax cuts (don't get me wrong I liked the bill but i agreed with Bannon----highest bracket should have started with a 4--look that up.)

I miss Bannon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I doubt there will ever be a retraction or apology.

A news agency went after another news' agencies revenue because they did not like what that second news agency had to say. Google went along with it because hey, "nbc" and got unexpected blowback. They quickly saved face by saying "comments" and got the Federalist to agree to remove them. However, a buncha Senators were unhappy with Google, and now Barr has more ammo.

I am not sure how any of this will play out. Everyday people are super pissed at the tech giants. The US alphabets use(d) them (didn't the CIA give google some early funding?)... they still need to be broken up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Time to unleash hell on Silicon Valley.  Should be at the top of the GOP platform.  Word it just like that for all I care.  

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/06/17/justice-dept-announces-recommendations-for-reform-of-big-tech-platform-immunity-section-230/#more-194588

When NBC published their background conversation with Google yesterday the media outlet made a big legal mistake.  NBC not only outlined the mechanics of a racketeering and antitrust violation, via Google’s power to control on-line ad revenue as a weapon to target NBC’s competition, but NBC outlined the actual collaborative communication.

NBC did the worst thing possible, they published the quotes from Google’s response to them where Google willingly accepted the request from NBC without pause...

Within hours of realizing the consequences of the publication, the legal offices of NBC and Google both activated and attempted damage control.  The NBC article was completely rewritten and the communication between them and Google –as quoted– was removed.  For its part Google published a statement saying no action had been taken, and later they professed no action would be taken.  However, the damage was already done.

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Rob's House said:

If conservatives hope to survive the purge we have to stop funding those who seek to destroy us.

There is no reason to use Google, and certainly no reason to click on any Google ads.

I use Duckduckgo and occasionally bing and they work just fine.

If they lose 1/3 of their traffic to competitors their monopoly dies.

Problem is, google analytics is on almost every site out there.  There is no way to fully avoid the borg.

• Like (+1) 1