Sources say China hacked Clinton's home server daily

dpberr

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What makes you say that?

I don't think people lie for the sake of it. (Hillary, however, may not fall into that category.) Hell, I even think Trump believes what he says is true in most moments, even when it's clearly not. 

Developing story. 

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

They have to make internet security the highest priority. Hacking into the Defense Dept or electric grid could be fatal.

What Clinton did while Sec of State was very wrong

It's more than very wrong. Selling confidential information to other countries is treason and she should be sent away for life!

This is very, very serious!!!

4 minutes ago, westside said:

It's more than very wrong. Selling confidential information to other countries is treason and she should be sent away for life!

This is very, very serious!!!

It's treasonous and she deserves the firing squad. The only problem would be finding volunteers to help her stand up in front of it.

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's treasonous and she deserves the firing squad. The only problem would be finding volunteers to help her stand up in front of it.

How  'bout Bill on one side and Podesta the other?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

FBI official pushes back on Trump-spread claim that Chinese firm hacked Clinton emails

Washington (CNN)An FBI official said Wednesday the bureau has not found any evidence to back up a claim made by a conservative news organization and spread by President Donald Trump that Hillary Clinton's private email server was hacked by a Chinese-owned company.

"The FBI has not found any evidence the servers were compromised," the official told CNN and other media outlets Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/politics/donald-trump-china-hacking-clinton-emails/index.html

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

lol the FBI

all the lols

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry... because I had the same reaction. How sad is it that?

Its not the FBI that's the issue. It's the reliance on - say it with me - anonymous sources. Anonymous sources FROM the FBI are even more suspect. 

This is spin, ALF. Bad spin at that. The OIG report debunks this entirely and it was sourced and vetted by the FBI and DOJ. The media thinks you're stupid and won't read or remember a 500 plus page report from two months ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

The issue I have with the FBI is one of trust. I cannot, after learning all I have about them the past two years, trust them to be objective or to actually uphold justice.

They are poisoned, and rotten and in need of being abolished or at the very least radically reformed.

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

I don't think people lie for the sake of it. (Hillary, however, may not fall into that category.) Hell, I even think Trump believes what he says is true in most moments, even when it's clearly not. 

Developing story. 

All of that stuff I listed......don't you think the FBI agent might have some cursory knowledge of it?  If so, why wouldn't he add " .....and that sure was lucky because that server was just begging to be hacked.".   When that is left out people are supposed to infer that there is nothing to see or that it all worked out ok, despite living in the real world letting them know how ridiculous that premise sounds.

People think others can't figure things out on their own, and sometimes that is correct.  Omissions were a much better tool just a few years ago, but their value as a tactic diminishes every day because more and more information is available than ever used to be.

It is almost as if Adam Smith understood human nature.

Edited by 4merper4mer

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Developing story. 

I'll say it again: Trump's not a liar.  "Lying" implies some connection to or awareness of the truth.  And I don't think he has one.  I think he tweets random nonsense, that right or wrong has nothing to do with "truth."

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'll say it again: Trump's not a liar.  "Lying" implies some connection to or awareness of the truth.  And I don't think he has one.  I think he tweets random nonsense, that right or wrong has nothing to do with "truth."

Oh please!!!

He knows exactly what he's doing. You think he just stumbled into billions and the Presidency of the United States?

I know you don't like him, but give the man credit. He's crazy alright,  like a fox.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Its not the FBI that's the issue. It's the reliance on - say it with me - anonymous sources. Anonymous sources FROM the FBI are even more suspect. 

Isn't the original article linked in the OP based off of anonymous sources?  Why are these anonymous sources to be believed but other anonymous sources are not to be believed?

One source is the former IC officer and I am guessing the other source is from Louie Gohmert (or his office) since he was name checked in the article multiple times.

Two officials with the ICIG, investigator Frank Rucker and attorney Janette McMillan, met repeatedly with FBI officials to warn them of the Chinese intrusion, according to a former intelligence officer with expertise in cybersecurity issues, who was briefed on the matter. He spoke anonymously, as he was not authorized to publicly address the Chinese’s role with Clinton’s server.

3 minutes ago, Hirly5 said:

Isn't the original article linked in the OP based off of anonymous sources?  Why are these anonymous sources to be believed but other anonymous sources are not to be believed?

One source is the former IC officer and I am guessing the other source is from Louie Gohmert (or his office) since he was name checked in the article multiple times.

Two officials with the ICIG, investigator Frank Rucker and attorney Janette McMillan, met repeatedly with FBI officials to warn them of the Chinese intrusion, according to a former intelligence officer with expertise in cybersecurity issues, who was briefed on the matter. He spoke anonymously, as he was not authorized to publicly address the Chinese’s role with Clinton’s server.

I never argue for believing any anonymous sources. You have to look beyond the anonymous sources to the evidence available in open source. Why was Gohmert name checked multiple times? Because he was the one who lead the questioning of Strzok on this issue in Congress. Where did he get his information from? 

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

The OIG report which details how and when the breach happened. Which, of course, completely nukes the anonymous FBI official's (if he/she even exists) claim in the linked article. The anonymous sources in the OP aren't debunked by the OIG, their claims are enhanced. This is why honing your own discernment is key and what I advocate for.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/28/2018 at 12:44 PM, B-Man said:

"Everyone" knows that the e-mails;  they were of personal matters, detailing her yoga routines and plans for Chelsea’s wedding

... how much fun Huma is in the sack...

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Uh...yeah?  Did you see the 2016 election?

yup, Hillary blew a 30 point lead in two months.... 

LOL!!!

10 hours ago, ALF said:

FBI official pushes back on Trump-spread claim that Chinese firm hacked Clinton emails

Washington (CNN)An FBI official said Wednesday the bureau has not found any evidence to back up a claim made by a conservative news organization and spread by President Donald Trump that Hillary Clinton's private email server was hacked by a Chinese-owned company.

"The FBI has not found any evidence the servers were compromised," the official told CNN and other media outlets Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/politics/donald-trump-china-hacking-clinton-emails/index.html

This would be the same FBI who cleared Hillary of any wrongdoing before they actually began their investigation, right?

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm thinking also about the way he talks, not just the tweets. He believes pretty much everything he says--in the moment. 

Bob Woodward's book is going to be a treat. I don't expect any surprises, but I bet he has some great stories. Trump's more sane staffers must be going mental.