Bleacher Report - Doom & Gloom

BarleyNY

7 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BTW, Paulus, why isn't this an article about the Dallas Cowboys already being the worst team in the NFL after their 27-3 Sunday loss?

Oh, that's right.  It doesn't fit the narrative of what some people's own tripe on the subject.

Not to mention, Dak had one good year and he has been anointed king. Laughable.

7 hours ago, ddaryl said:

the dude is now officially a few trombones short of a marching band. Even if you did bring back Mr. Bats in the Belfry, his offseason rap sheet would guarantee him some suspensions...  The guy needs to get medical help before he hurts himself or worse someone else

Nah, he had problems in his family. He needs his team and his focus returned...

9 hours ago, Lfod said:

I never seen feelings change so fast. 

My feelings haven't changed at all.  I've been warning about the Bills FO's inattention to the lack of talent on the OL and WRs for months.

• Like (+1) 1

Seems like we were here last season.

You know, NO QUARTERBACK, filling spots with waived players, traded our best WR, a rookie head coach, tough schedule, Kyle Williams was old, starting a rookie at corner, etc

The media is not your friend...

33 minutes ago, SoTier said:

My feelings haven't changed at all.  I've been warning about the Bills FO's inattention to the lack of talent on the OL and WRs for months.

Yep.

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A lot of people were.

They had the worst WR group in the league last year and basically did nothing to improve it. Then replaced Wood and Incognito with lesser players.

They obviously have a plan to attack next offseason with all that cap space. I just hope the moves they made defensively this offseason pan out for them so they can focus on offense after the season. 

Yep.

Every single time I'd warn about it, I'd invariably have somebody tell me I'm an idiot or a hater.

Crazy how that works, huh?

10 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I don't think the Bills are the worst in the league, but they appear to be quite bad. 

In relation to the rest of the league:

QB - below average

RB - above average

WR - below average

TE - average

OL - below average

Run D - below average

Pass rush - below average

LBs - below average

Secondary - above average

The Bills are below average at most spots on their roster, including big ones like QB, OL and DL. If they can't control the line of scrimmage, and take a step backwards in terms of QB efficiency this year which seems quite likely, it's hard to see them matching what they did last year. 

Depending on how many breaks they get, this looks like a 5-7 win team which should be looking at a top 10 draft pick. 

RB- 4 YPC last year, another year older, I don’t expect a big uptick. The position is average at best. Shady will provide a few wow moments and a few I’m glad this is his last year here.

52 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

RB- 4 YPC last year, another year older, I don’t expect a big uptick. The position is average at best. Shady will provide a few wow moments and a few I’m glad this is his last year here.

I think that the run game will disappoint a whole lot of fans.   The run game is going to suffer because of how poor the passing game will be.  It's not going to be pretty.

11 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Interesting though, the secondary, while above average overall (with tre, poyer, and hyde), the CBs behind tre look completely terrible.

As a team, the Bills have are solid at RB, and they have a pretty good secondary overall.

Everywhere else on the field they have issues, with a few areas being a major concern (OL & QB). 

52 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I think that the run game will disappoint a whole lot of fans.   The run game is going to suffer because of how poor the passing game will be.  It's not going to be pretty.

On paper the Bills look like they might have the worst offense in the league.

Last year we were 29th in the NFL in Total O and 22nd in Total Points, and appear to have got worse at QB and on the OL. 

We scored 18.9 PPG last year, and I can see that number being in the 16-17 PPG range this year which could result in us having a top 5 draft pick next year. Simply put, it's really hard to win in the NFL if you can't score more than 17 points per game. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, ScottLaw said:

There is a lot of truth to this.

Preseason football blows. Hard to gauge because you really don't know who's giving a !@#$ and who isn't. 

Still, the concerns on paper look like concerns on the field in these preseason games.

the blocking is definitely a concern we lost 1 on 1 battles every game.  

But then again teams were not gameplanning for Shady at all.  The game plan was to get to the rookie QB and rattle him.  Or just get to the QB in general.   

McDermott was shuffling the oline constantly looking for god knows what, that isn't going to happen in the regular season it will be the same 5 and maybe Vlad/Teller will duke it out like Vlad/Miller did last year but I don't expect any major shuffling after tomorrow.   

Playcalling was more about evaluations than trying to put the ball in the endzone, yes you want drives, and you want points, but you want to see your guys perform in certain situations. 3rd and long, 3rd and short, 2 minute offense, situational football is something Belichick harps on endlessly, knowing down/distance/quarter/score dictates a lot of what is done.  Daboll isn't going to be any different.