At least we aren't the Cowboys

Roundybout

1 hour ago, The Process said:

Darn.....3 games into preseason and we are already saying "at least we're not....."

So ok here goes one.....at least we're not....damn can't think of any....ummmmmm....Cleve Hill!

Do you have an issue with Cleve Hill?

22 hours ago, Steve O said:

What does auto and tire have to do with football? https://www.clevehillauto.com/

I was referring to the high school which may not even exist anymore....I've been out of the area that long. I don't have an issue with Cleve Hill as seen in my apology in the previous post. Didn't know there was a Cleve Hill Auto and Tire, but I cant resist answering your question. "What does Auto and tire have to do with football." Well only in vague comparitive phrases....

Kick the tires on a free agent

Gotta go north and south

Gotta have balance

Rotation is a good thing

Every possession is a "drive"....(well unless you go 3 and out)

If you read this whole post....my apologies. Ok, back to football.....

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I would love to have that cowboys OL. 

Although even they are finding they have some issues. We saw last year that when Tyron Smith is out they are not the same and when Smith, Fredricks and Martin have all been down in pre-season it has looked rough. Very rough. They are trying to bed in a rookie at LG, their backup LT has missed time too.... 

It shows that there is no depth across the league at the offensive line spot.  It is why Jordan Mills is still a starting RT. The problem the Bills have is they currently have 4 starters who are all in that bottom end starter category. The 29th-32nd best RG, LG, C and RT. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Process said:

I was referring to the high school which may not even exist anymore....I've been out of the area that long. I don't have an issue with Cleve Hill as seen in my apology in the previous post. Didn't know there was a Cleve Hill Auto and Tire, but I cant resist answering your question. "What does Auto and tire have to do with football." Well only in vague comparitive phrases....

Kick the tires on a free agent

Gotta go north and south

Gotta have balance

Rotation is a good thing

Every possession is a "drive"....(well unless you go 3 and out)

If you read this whole post....my apologies. Ok, back to football.....

well done...HS still exists.

Edited by Steve O

16 hours ago, The Process said:

Not really....just rivals more years ago that I'd like to admit. Lame attempt at being humorous. No offense intended....sorry.

Cleve Hill Alum here. No offense taken.

If you’re talking about rivals, I’m guessing you’re from Maryvale, or did I go too far back?

32 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I wouldn't want to be in Dallas's shoes either. They already know their young QB sucks. We at least have hope on that front.

32 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I wouldn't want to be in Dallas's shoes either. They already know their young QB sucks. We at least have hope on that front.

You mean their backup which I agree with or Dak? Cause Dak is pretty damn good he went up and down the field on this same Bengals D last week

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You mean their backup which I agree with or Dak? Cause Dak is pretty damn good he went up and down the field on this same Bengals D last week

Dak. Didn't watch the game, don't really care what he did. He came back to earth last year in my opinion. I don't think he's that good.

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Oh OK cause Dak didn’t even play but I disagree offensive rookie of the years don’t grow on trees 

He had a great rookie year. I just don't think it was sustainable. He had great O line play, a great run game, and in my opinion didn't ask him to do much. I don't think he's much better than Tyrod, if at all. His 23 to 4 season was followed up by 22 to 13. He can prove me wrong, I don't know if he has the ability to make adjustments when defenses decide what they're going to take away from him.

Again, I'll say I don't watch the Cowboys a lot. It just always seemed like one side of the field reads and roll outs. He stays within himself, which is good, maybe he has more to his game than I give him credit for.

6 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

A pox on all your houses says this Cheektowaga Central alum!

Yep Maryvale.....I was the bench warmer with good hands who was inserted into the rivalry game ultimately recovering an on side kick by CH to squelch a come back. My one and only good play in 4 years of football! I remember the pregame chant...."kill the Hill....". You couldn't chat that today. I do remember there wasn't any off field rivalry though....hung with lots of Cleve Hill folks at Como Park.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Process said:

Yep Maryvale.....I was the bench warmer with good hands who was inserted into the rivalry game ultimately recovering an on side kick by CH to squelch a come back. My one and only good play in 4 years of football! I remember the pregame chant...."kill the Hill....". You couldn't chat that today. I do remember there wasn't any off field rivalry though....hung with lots of Cleve Hill folks at Como Park.

Excellent. I tried out for basketball but the coach said I was "short, but slow."  Still makes me laugh. Como park was fun. We mostly hung at Cheektowaga Town Park and the nearby graveyard. Find a good size gravestone with a couple of sixes of Kochs or Simon Pure. Yeesh.