49 yards and 17 years. What Andy Dalton did for Buffalo

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/32024/49-yards-and-17-years-buffalo-recalls-its-new-years-miracle

Somebody said [Dalton] could run for mayor in Buffalo and put up a fight against Byron Brown in an election if he wanted to,"

What kind of welcome will Andy Dalton get Sunday?

• Like (+1) 1

It’s a wonderful & noble gesture that he & Mrs. P are doing, returning the ‘pay it forward’ offering from Bills fans. I expect him to be greeted by a crowd containing many #14 Bills jerseys with his name plate. (Granted, they were once Watkins & Fitz jerseys now covered with tape.) It’s a rare opportunity to wear that expensive purchase in public w/o being chastised publicly.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s a wonderful & noble gesture that he & Mrs. P are doing, returning the ‘pay it forward’ offering from Bills fans. I expect him to be greeted by a crowd containing many #14 Bills jerseys with his name plate. (Granted, they were once Watkins & Fitz jerseys now covered with tape.) It’s a rare opportunity to wear that expensive purchase in public w/o being chastised publicly.

I grabbed a Watkins jersey at the goodwill yesterday just to do this :lol:

Edited by sodbuster
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Buffalo could win the superbowl this year, but that play by Dalton, the 100s of videos of bills fans and the bills players in the locker room going nuts, the 400 thousand dollar donations, will be talked about for the next 20 years. It's once in a lifetime 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Don't get me wrong, winning super bowls and all would rock my world but in a way, I think the Buffalo fanbase has more to be proud of last year than any fans in the league. Somehow, in these divided times, our neighbors have become our enemies. In a time where everyone is accusing everyone of everything, Bills fans showed that people can be friends and rivals at the same time and that we can care about people outside of our own tribe. And yes, its great when a rugged individual can achieve something all on his own but it can also be pretty great when people achieve something with a lot of help from other people. 

I hate it when my dog sees me crying in my crunch-berries. Gotta stop reading this stuff during breakfast.

Edited by Mickey
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Omg... I’m so over this Andy Dalton stuff. There was a reciever too, an oline, and a defense that messed up on the play. 

Thats football. 

Bills put themselves in a position to get there if the Ravens lost. Well, Ravens lost. That’s football. 

If Dalton was so great his team would have been in the playoffs. Not the Bills. 

Move on.

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/32024/49-yards-and-17-years-buffalo-recalls-its-new-years-miracle

Somebody said [Dalton] could run for mayor in Buffalo and put up a fight against Byron Brown in an election if he wanted to,"

What kind of welcome will Andy Dalton get Sunday?

Why is everyone ignoring Tyler Boyd? He's the one who caught the pass and ran it in for the touchdown. Hope he gets the same amount of appreciation on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hope someone films Andy coming out of the tunnel tomorrow and posting it here. Would be curious to see the greeting bills fans give him as well as Andy’s response. 

Bills fans are amazing and I’m proud to be one 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah, that’s what we should be concerned with. The qb on the team we’re going against.

Not that the hopeful franchise qb of OUR future is starting his first game. 

Some of our fanbase is acting like a  bunch of n00bs imo. 

Act like you’ve been there before. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yeah, that’s what we should be concerned with. The qb on the team we’re going against.

I mean, it is a preseason game...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Omg... I’m so over this Andy Dalton stuff. There was a reciever too, an oline, and a defense that messed up on the play. 

Thats football. 

Bills put themselves in a position to get there if the Ravens lost. Well, Ravens lost. That’s football. 

If Dalton was so great his team would have been in the playoffs. Not the Bills. 

Move on.

And you miss the point this entire thing is about Humanity not football. Football and the play are just a setup on whay a little humanity in people can accomplish. 

Now you can go back to your negativity. 

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Alot of fans havent been there before. But jesus it will be a brief moment in time of fans saying thank you for helping break the drought. And for the donation To NY families

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And you miss the point this entire thing is about Humanity not football. Football and the play are just a setup on whay a little humanity in people can accomplish. 

Now you can go back to your negativity. 

Am I missing that part? Am I being negative? 

It had its time and now it has passed. If I’m being honest it makes us look a little odd in that Boyd did most of the work and no one makes any mention of him. 

Is he not a human? 

• Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've never agreed with Dalton or the Bengals receiving this level of credit.

They helped obviously, but it was the Bills' time.

I really don't think it shows well for the Bills' fanbase to continue on into a new season trying to show an active player on another team its appreciation for inadvertently assisting the Bills' in a last second slide into the playoffs.

Better hope the football gods haven't picked up on all the misplaced praise and adoration.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Am I missing that part? Am I being negative? 

It had its time and now it has passed. If I’m being honest it makes us look a little odd in that Boyd did most of the work and no one makes any mention of him. 

Is he not a human? 

Did you read the articles? Boyd didn't have a foundation set up. When he eventually did, Bills fans threw a pretty big gob of cash his way.

Seventeen years. Heaven forbid people take a little extra time to enjoy finally becoming relevant again after an entire generation worth of disappointment.

Why are you so critical of how others consume this entertainment product? Lighten up, you're taking a game way too seriously.

• Like (+1) 2