All the President's Men

donbb

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Has a presidential candidate ever not promised that?  

If Trump could close to balance the budget by 2020 without cutting SS , medicare or federal medicaid  I would go into shock.

19 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

This is why Bill Clinton asked his longtime friend Donald Trump to fraudulently run as a Republican for President in 2016.  The Clintons are corrupt to the core but they're not completely stupid.

Yes, because when you're trying to throw an election the pertinent thing to do is to bring all of Bill Clinton's three former sexual harassment accusers to a joint press conference broadcast live on Trump's facebook page two hours before a presidential debate.  That's what good friends do.  Trump was in it to win it.

On 8/22/2018 at 8:31 AM, ALF said:

Eliminate the federal debt in 8 years

"We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt. ... Well, I would say over a period of eight years. And I’ll tell you why.”

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1418/eliminate-federal-debt-8-years/

This one is my favorite

What promise happens first

Locking her up. Or fed debt erased?

4 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

After Donald Trump resigns as President and Vice-President Mike Pence becomes President, Pence should select former South Carolina Governor and current US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley as his Vice-President.

Image result for nikki haley

This is ridiculous

You just don't appoint your own VP once appointed president

Edited by Boyst62

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah you do.  Your VP nominee would have to be confirmed by the House and Senate.

Forgive me, for.my words did not accurately surmise my response.  Plus I was looking to goad a specific member to reply, they didn't. 

In no way shape or form would Pence be allowed to appoint a vice president by Congress 

If Trump is impeached it would be due to a turn in the House.  That alone is unlikely to force Trump to resign because the House is terrible.  Burr and others in power in the Senate which control the deeper levels of actual governance would be too cautious to impeach him; but, if the Senate went Blue than you would not be able to get Congress to allow for appointment of a VP.  His ties to Trump, etc, would matter.

The President in that situation would never be allowed to appoint a VP.

God, save this country if we go blue in 2018 or 2020.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Forgive me, for.my words did not accurately surmise my response.  Plus I was looking to goad a specific member to reply, they didn't. 

In no way shape or form would Pence be allowed to appoint a vice president by Congress 

If Trump is impeached it would be due to a turn in the House.  That alone is unlikely to force Trump to resign because the House is terrible.  Burr and others in power in the Senate which control the deeper levels of actual governance would be too cautious to impeach him; but, if the Senate went Blue than you would not be able to get Congress to allow for appointment of a VP.  His ties to Trump, etc, would matter.

The President in that situation would never be allowed to appoint a VP.

God, save this country if we go blue in 2018 or 2020.

This is purely hypothetical way down the line.  Unless there is some serious crime we don't know about that would force 15 to 20 Republicans in the Senate to vote for impeachment, than Trump's not going anywhere even if the House and Senate flip (unlikely).  I think your suggesting Trump would be impeached if the Dems control both the House and Senate.  If that happens I don't see a problem with Pence picking an establishment type Vice President (like Lindsay Graham) that would easily be confirmed.  Most VP's are basically just a cheerleader to the president's agenda anyways. 

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

Even if the Democrats were to win every single Senate set up for election, they still wouldn't have enough votes to remove Trump if he were impeached by the House. Unless something really wacky happens (like he shoots someone on 5th Avenue while singing the Russian national anthem), you're not going to get any Senate GOP support for removal.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Even if the Democrats were to win every single Senate set up for election, they still wouldn't have enough votes to remove Trump if he were impeached by the House. Unless something really wacky happens (like he shoots someone on 5th Avenue while singing the Russian national anthem), you're not going to get any Senate GOP support for removal.

If the Democrats win every single set Wimbledon is going to be a BORE.

On 8/23/2018 at 9:49 PM, Koko78 said:

Especially with no wrong doing, but yeah, cant wait until someone strings together

an audio clip of the 100,000 times cnn and msnbc  will say impeach in the next week.

Edited by Kelly101

3 minutes ago, Kelly101 said:

Especially with no wrong doing, but yeah, cant wait until someone strings together

an audio clip of the 100,000 times cnn and msnbc  will say impeach in the next week.

Relax. I've got a feeling thought that all this unfounded impeachment crap is going to come back and slap them in the face.

I was saying this the other day and I don't know what percentage of the public understands how the impeachment process works so they'll appeal to the ignorant at the midterms.  What's predictable is Republican politicians are mentioning impeachment more than Democratic politicians.  Trying to gin up enthusiasm among Trump's base.  Democrats running would be wise to run on issues (especially healthcare) rather than impeachment. The Republicans ran on impeachment in the '98 midterms and they lost House seats.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

True. Republicans will never uphold the law

This administration sure doesn’t lack scandals. “An investigation targeting President Trump’s top emergency-management official has been referred to federal prosecutors to determine whether criminal charges should be pursued, according to people familiar with the probe. Brock Long, the administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and two other federal employees may have broken as many as six laws while they commuted frequently between Washington and Mr. Long’s home in Hickory, N.C., at taxpayers’ expense, said one of the people briefed on the investigation.” 

• Like (+1) 1

President Trump escalated his attacks on Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Tuesday, offering a scathing assessment of his performance on the job and in his confirmation hearing.

“I don’t have an attorney general. It’s very sad,” Trump said in an interview with Hill.TV, in which he also said the former senator from Alabama came off as “mixed up and confused” when he appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee in January 2017.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/i-dont-have-an-attorney-general-trump-escalates-his-attacks-on-jeff-sessions/2018/09/19/0f592082-bc08-11e8-be70-52bd11fe18af_story.html?utm_term=.5375eee871e9

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, B-Man said:
They should name Randy Barnett to fill Kavanaugh’s seat, which is now open.

Then watch the liberal heads explode... again.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

Video: Lindsey “Hulk” Graham Destroys Chuck Schumer’s Argument With One Question

Ed already covered the new and improved version of Senator Lindsey Graham, who plans to basically “Hulk out” going into the midterms. Graham isn’t wasting any time wading into his new role, either. He showed up on Fox News Sunday, talking to Chris Wallace and the subject of Chuck Schumer’s objections to Brett Kavanaugh came up. Abandoning all pretense of comity with the Senate Minority Leader, Graham pulled out the short list of judges which Donald Trump was picking from when he nominated Kavanaugh and challenged him to come on the show and name a single one that the Democrats wouldn’t have tried to torpedo.

Let’s go to the video.

This is a refreshing side of Lindsey Graham to see, particularly compared to his days “gang activity.” (Think Gang of Eight, Gang of Fourteen.) And the point he’s making is a completely valid one. There were Democratic senators lining up to state that they would vote against Kavanaugh on the day he was nominated. For that matter, most of their ardent supporters were waiting around in the streets of Washington with signs saying “Oppose…” with a blank waiting to be filled in when the announcement was made.

There were no judges on that list – each one highly qualified and carrying the conservative seal of approval – who Schumer would have whipped up his caucus to vote for. At this point, Chuck Schumer is acting a lot more like his niece, comedian Amy Schumer, than the Senate Minority Leader. His performance on the Senate floor when he denounced Saturday’s vote as “a low moment for the Senate” could have been given by any Democrat in the building at that point.

More at the link:  https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/08/video-lindsey-hulk-graham-destroys-chuck-schumers-argument-one-question/

• Thank you (+1) 1

ERIC DREIBAND AND JEFF CLARK WILL FINALLY GET A FLOOR VOTE

On Saturday, shortly after the Senate confirmed Brett Kavanaugh, Majority Leader McConnell filed for cloture on the nominations of Eric Dreiband and Jeff Clark. Both have been nominated for Assistant Attorney General positions — Eric to head the Civil Rights Division, Jeff to head the Environmental and Natural Resources Division.

For Democrats, McConnell’s move surely added insult to injury. The Dems bitterly oppose Eric and Jeff because both are strong conservatives who know what they are doing. As such, they have the ability to steer these two key bastions of Justice Department leftism in a direction consistent with the views of the current president. That’s how it’s supposed to work in a democracy.

For Republicans, the question is: what took so long? The two were nominated more than 15 months ago.

A floor vote is long overdue.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/10/eric-dreiband-and-jeff-clark-will-finally-get-a-floor-vote.php

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2018 at 10:45 PM, joesixpack said:

Yes, my sports teams lose. But my president doesn’t.

#winning

Yankee fans I know are on suicide watch.

I am not a baseball, so I am indifferent, but the smug way the Yankee fans I know who totally dismissed the Red Sox are the reason that most of this country can't stand the Yankees.

On the flip side, I know a lot of Yankee haters who are in their glories. 

I leave it alone as I don't like to piss on anyone's grave.