Please name Josh Allen the starter

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Okay, so...

Josh Allen has played exactly three-quarters of one football game. In those three quarters, he has thrown two insane TD passes, should have two more (the bombs to Foster), has not turned the ball over, has showed the ability to throw short, medium and deep, left, right and down the middle, has an absolute cannon, has been accurate, completed passes on the run, rolling either way, and from the pocket, has had two two-minute drives and they scored ten points on them, has shown a great ability to avoid the rush, has scrambled/run the ball very well, shown terrific mobility and straight line speed, and strength, has known down and distance, has called audibles, showed great confidence and good command of the offense. 

In three !@#$ing quarters!

SO LET'S SIT HIM!

Ha ha. Yeah you make a strong case. SIT HIM FOR FIVE YEARS!!! 

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Okay, so...

Josh Allen has played exactly three-quarters of one football game. In those three quarters, he has thrown two insane TD passes, should have two more (the bombs to Foster), has not turned the ball over, has showed the ability to throw short, medium and deep, left, right and down the middle, has an absolute cannon, has been accurate, completed passes on the run, rolling either way, and from the pocket, has had two two-minute drives and they scored ten points on them, has shown a great ability to avoid the rush, has scrambled/run the ball very well, shown terrific mobility and straight line speed, and strength, has known down and distance, has called audibles, showed great confidence and good command of the offense. 

SO LET'S SIT HIM!

because he's so fragile that other shortcomings on the team will damage him either physically, or psychologically

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Okay, so...

SO LET'S SIT HIM!

I’m gonna see if we can change the TBD Banner to this post!

• Like (+1) 2

KRYK: It’s time for Bills to start rookie quarterback Josh Allen

CLEVELAND – It’s time.

It’s time for the Buffalo Bills to promote rookie quarterback Josh Allen to starter.

Even before A.J. McCarron reportedly suffered a hairline fracture of the collarbone on his throwing right side Friday night, the Bills already might have been justified in promoting Allen ahead of both fifth-year McCarron and second-year Nathan Peterman.

Now, with McCarron out and Peterman having mopped up Friday night’s 19-17 defeat of the host Cleveland Browns with the scrubs, there’s no strong reason not to do it.

34 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Okay, so...

SO LET'S SIT HIM!

Amen. He needs to learn by watching  Peterman and carrying his clipboard. 

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

b-b-but what if he breaks then we'd have to put Peterman in. So we'd better keep him safe and not start him so we'll start Peterman.

Yep. That's why you should never use a set of spare keys. If you lose the spare set you no longer have a spare set!

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Rebuilding year? Did you just come out of a time capsule from the 2017 offseason? Dude, we made the f*cking playoffs, drafted a franchise qb, and will probably have a top 10 d unit, WTF are you smoking??

2017 bills were not a playoff team in my opinion.  Sure, by definition, semantically speaking, they played a wildcard card game but if anyone here saw a playoff calibre team in the bills last year then that only shows how long it has been since we last had one. 

And other than JA showing himself to be special, a big upgrade at OC and also at backup RB I'm not sure the 2018 bills are any better than 2017.    Not trying to be a downer - I'm hugely exited for a couple of years from now and also for next week's preseason game - but expecting playoffs with no oline is crazy.

45 minutes ago, sleeby said:

2017 bills were not a playoff team in my opinion.  Sure, by definition, semantically speaking, they played a wildcard card game but if anyone here saw a playoff calibre team in the bills last year then that only shows how long it has been since we last had one. 

And other than JA showing himself to be special, a big upgrade at OC and also at backup RB I'm not sure the 2018 bills are any better than 2017.    Not trying to be a downer - I'm hugely exited for a couple of years from now and also for next week's preseason game - but expecting playoffs with no oline is crazy.

I kind of agree. But seriously, the Bills have been very unlucky in that 17 drought. A lot of subpar wildcard or even division winners in those 17 years. Last year they got things going their way for once. And you know what? It could happen again this year! And the Jags game was winnable for sure. The difference between winning & losing is often very small. Why do you think the Pats cheat so much? LOL

1 hour ago, sleeby said:

Ya know, we took a poll on this yesterday.  You are not going to have much support on this sentiment.   You should go vote.?

• Haha (+1) 1

Guys I can tell you that the reason JA % was so bad last year was a direct result of not having seasoned WR. Mostly all freshman and sophomore.  Our offense had new OL all across the front.  He took the team on his back and made the season which should have been a disaster in to another 8 win. He loves nothing better than a challenge and will show up every Sunday.  

• Like (+1) 1

I've been thinking long and hard about it and here is my Allen take after camp and the first 2 preseason games.

When you go as as long as we have without a real QB, you know what "not the guy" looks like. To me Allen doesn't look like that. There's something different about him. He is humble but there is some kind of crazy vet like presence he exudes in the huddle and in the pocket. I know the sample is small but it's hard not to notice. The guy is a gamer and he is only going to get better.

I wanted Rosen, but I'm on board the JA train. Start him McD, let's go.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Billscowboy said:

Guys I can tell you that the reason JA % was so bad last year was a direct result of not having seasoned WR. Mostly all freshman and sophomore.  Our offense had new OL all across the front.  He took the team on his back and made the season which should have been a disaster in to another 8 win. He loves nothing better than a challenge and will show up every Sunday.  

Thanks for confirming. This was my take based on the games I watched. He looked like he had to put the team on his back. The OL play in particular was really rough.