Savannah, GA

That's No Moon

6 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Outside chance the family is going to have to relocate to Savannah, GA for work.  Anybody know anywhere nice with good schools?  The further west of Savannah out I-16 the better.

Been too long since I've been there, sorry.

Forget Savannah. Move to Charleston, take your kids out of school, and we can be a family of misfit pirates instead. I have two boats we can start off with, then we'll steal the rest of the fleet. I have a strong network of degenerates that can help us along the way. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Forget Savannah. Move to Charleston, take your kids out of school, and we can be a family of misfit pirates instead. I have two boats we can start off with, then we'll steal the rest of the fleet. I have a strong network of degenerates that can help us along the way. 

Where do I sign up?

I'm tired of civil society

Get on google maps and do some scouting.    That's how i found the next place I want to live.  Oh and Savannah is lowlands, it's gonna smell like low tide, a lot.    Just be aware going in, there are also paper mills there and in Jacksonville.  So it does stink.   

But beautiful little vacation town, lots of weddings there and during St Patrick's day they really do it up right.   The outlet by I95 is always jam up with people.   and you get to see Tundra Mountain (little inside joke between me and my son when we go on hunting trips to SC we go through there, there is a Toyota dealership and they literally have tundra mountain there)

2 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

I'm all for misfit piracy...

The paper mill smell there is a real factor. Based on location and wind, it can be horrible.

There is plenty of information regarding which areas to avoid because of it, and I would not go into a real estate search project without eliminating the areas impacted. I'm sure the costs reflect that, so one might be tempted to reach for a seemingly good deal.

Avoid.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

The paper mill smell there is a real factor. Based on location and wind, it can be horrible.

There is plenty of information regarding which areas to avoid because of it, and I would not go into a real estate search project without eliminating the areas impacted. I'm sure the costs reflect that, so one might be tempted to reach for a seemingly good deal.

Avoid.

Good advice. Same as in Charleston. Huge paper mill in the middle of the port. 

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

Avoid.

Paper mill is the smell of money.