Anyone Having Trouble Streaming WGR-550 LIVE Online?

Fadingpain

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

For a few days now when I click on the "listen live" button at wgr550.com on a home computer, the screen for the radio player sort of opens, but all it shows is a spinning circle and nothing ever loads and nothing is played.

I've emptied my cache, reset things, rebooted...and listened to a variety of other online streaming radio stations with no problem.

I'm thinking there is a problem with WGR's website but I don't know.

Anyone else notice this?

I don’t think these apps really cater to the average person who doesn’t use the latest, high end tech 

23 minutes ago, Buftex said:

The NFL doesn't allow that.  You can listen to the pre-game and postgame show, but not the actual game, on GR55 streaming.   Oddly, you can listen to Sabres games on GR streaming (though I am sure the NHL has restrictions too), but not Bills games. 

I know. But they have obviously not been strict in enforcing the rule about that.

I have listened to WGR 550 streamed live, on a computer at home, during regular season Bills games, for like the last 5 years.

It always works.  Perhaps that is being newly enforced this year for the first time.

Regardless, that rule doesn't apply to today, for instance, and I am having the same problem now that I had prior to the game.

In reading the various responses, it is obvious something is screwed up at their website and if/when it gets fixed, I'll be able to listen again.  Until then, I am not going to get too bothered about it.

The new app completely doesn't work for me.  Not able to connect on Android phone, computer, anything.

For those of us who live far away from WNY, the options for watching & listening to Bills/Sabres games are few & far between.  WGR used to be a reliable option.  What an idiotic wasted opportunity for them to create & maintain a wider listening audience

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

For a few days now when I click on the "listen live" button at wgr550.com on a home computer, the screen for the radio player sort of opens, but all it shows is a spinning circle and nothing ever loads and nothing is played.

I've emptied my cache, reset things, rebooted...and listened to a variety of other online streaming radio stations with no problem.

I'm thinking there is a problem with WGR's website but I don't know.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks for for doing this, FP, because I didn't want to be the only one complaining.

for me Alexa hasn't worked in almost a week.  It lets me know I've reached the station, asks if I want to listen live and then nothing.

when I stop it one of the WGR guys says, "Thanks for stopping by!"

34 minutes ago, Navin said:

What an idiotic wasted opportunity for them to create & maintain a wider listening audience

The locals support the advertisers...why would they care if somebody outside of the radio listening area listens or not.A fan in Nashville,TN for example isn't going to have their new roof installed by William C.Rott & Son or have a new furnace installed by Tropical Heating & Cooling..etc.

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

But that's a mobile device problem, right?  Like you're trying to access the station on a cell phone?  

Yes, its a mobile app. Not a desktop web browser. Sorry, should have clarified that. 

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

20 hours ago, notwoz said:

I almost never listen to them anymore. They offer nothing of interest. 

As useful as a false pair of glasses, nose and mustache unless if is covering even worse features!

20 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Entercom does not want you to listen unless your using a radio. Evidently.

Listened it to it without doing anything other than clicking "listen" on my PC.  Evidently too difficult for some?

19 hours ago, bobblehead said:

I don’t think these apps really cater to the average person who doesn’t use the latest, high end tech 

Works fine on a old Windows 7 computer which does not even have browser undated.

Maybe it is opposite - your computer is too high.  Was it made in Colorado?

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Listened it to it without doing anything other than clicking "listen" on my PC.  Evidently too difficult for some?

You think everybody's lying or stupid? It works on edge but not chrome for some. It works on chrome for some but not on edge. It works for some on android and for some they hear greatest sports moments on an endless loop. If it works for you well great. I feel better at least in off season pretty much never listening to Schopp or Jeremy White. But no worries, I'm willing to bet it will not always be working for you no matter how you 're listening. The thing has been that bad. Have they made it better sure. Still sucks though. Bully for them.

5 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

You think everybody's lying or stupid? It works on edge but not chrome for some. It works on chrome for some but not on edge.

No but I think there are more factors than "needs to be high tech" since my computer is a refurbed windows 7 with Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) Chrome and 43.0.1 Firefox with most stuff blocked by Ghostery and java/flash not updated for a long time.

Note: I have no smart phone or a tablet and not tried any of them.