Do we need to go after a fairly proven deep threat?

17 hours ago, CowboyBill said:

I would say pass on the WRs and get offensive linemen. Give Allen some time in the pocket because he can throw it anywhere on the field. If a defense has to worry about a great RB, a moble QB and defend the entire field, there are going to be some huge holes 25-30 yards downfield. I know 60 yard bombs get cheeks out of seats but so do 2 30 yard bombs with YAC. 

IMO, the oline is going to be just fine this year. I don't think you will see any drop off from Wood or Ritchie replacements.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, All I Need is Hope said:

With Coleman's injury history and limited book of work, and not even one semi-proven deep threat behind him, I'm sure that some teams have a surplus of speed.

Not saying they are the answer, but someone like Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, Maclin...

Maclin?? He's done.

Wallace into his 10th year.  

jackson entering his 11th season.

All  of these old timers' fastest moves are to the toilet in the middle of the night to pee.

Edited by Mr. WEO

On 8/11/2018 at 5:56 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I really have difficulty understanding what McBeane have done with the Bills roster at WR.  It's not as though Goodwin and Woods commanded huge FA salaries or as though it was clear Matthews would be any kind of an upgrade.

Just an apparent lack of understanding of the value of a talented WR.

The pipeline of freak-type WR talents was both at it's peak flow and at it's end with that 2014 draft.

By the offseason of 2017 everyone should have been aware of that.

People get on Whaley for trading up for Watkins but with the quality that is being passed off as first round WR since........if you really needed a stud WR you've been mostly outta' luck.

I do give Beane credit for jumping on KB to minimize the damage he'd done......as I said at the time a 3rd rounder was excellent value even for a slightly gimpy KB........and yes he's not ideal but at least Jeremy Kerley isn't their #1 right now so it could've been MUCH worse. 

On 8/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, Augie said:

What would you give up for Marquis Goodwin?   ?

We already gave up on Goodwin. 

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maclin?? He's done.

Wallace into his 10th year.  

jackson entering his 11th season.

All  of these old timers' fastest moves are to the toilet in the middle of the night to pee.

Stupid swollen prostate 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/11/2018 at 3:06 PM, SCBills said:

If Allen is going to play this year, I think we need another speed guy at WR.  

Coleman is that guy but hasn’t made it through a season healthy.  

KB is big time but not a speed guy.  Zay and Kerley are slot guys.  Holmes is special teams/red zone threat.  

Lots of potential in this unit, but Allen’s best weapon is neutralized a bit if Coleman goes down.  

And I'm all about versatility for the WR group, but Allen also needs to know how to put the right "touch" on the football for KB like Peterman did on the touchdown pass, leading the receiver and dropping it in place, and across the middle but over a LBer not just zipping it past them. I'm not saying Allen *can't* do those things, they're just other weapons in his arsenal we need to see at the NFL level in addition to his frozen rope throws and bomb attack. So, we need WRs who can do it all, just as much as we need a QB who can do it all. 

On 8/11/2018 at 11:48 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

We honestly need two to go along with Benjamin and Coleman on the outside man his arm with 4 wide set yes please might be time to start scouting receivers for next years draft since where likely to take 1 in the first 3 rounds 

Here's where you wish you had Goodwin back. I'm sure they'll be drafting a burner next year.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Here's where you wish you had Goodwin back. I'm sure they'll be drafting a burner next year.

Goodwin showed little for 4 seasons. We’ll see what Coleman and maybe Foster can do.