Adam Schein: Josh Allen is the next Carson Wentz

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Magnetar said:

What does someone like you actually do when you come across someone in real life who thought the Allen pick was a bad one, run away?  Sheesh...

Trolls don't really do this irl.. they typically hide behind a 24 hour account anonymously.  However,  IF this would happen like you said - I would ask what their opinions were based on and have a debate with them.  Odds are IF they had the balls irl to do it they have conviction with some good reasons behind it. 

Now back to your posting history - I am betting there is a great chance you will recognize you came on a little too strong and start a new account with a less troll-like tone.  Does this help you sleep better?

Just now, Bob in STL said:

You can always root for another team. 

Have you ever done that?  I was born and raised a Bills fan, I have never had an inkling to root for another team.  Not sure if that was meant as an insult or not...

Just now, aceman_16 said:

Odds are IF they had the balls irl to do it they have conviction with some good reasons behind it. 

How he performed at a small school, seems to be very good reasons for a whole host of talent evaluators and analytics houses to take the stance Allen will not pan out.  Is the stance that you're taking based soley on the fact that the Bills selected him?

btw, I have this argument with family and co-workers just the same as online, guess they don't need safe spaces like most Americans do these days.

Just now, Magnetar said:

Have you ever done that?  I was born and raised a Bills fan, I have never had an inkling to root for another team.  Not sure if that was meant as an insult or not...

Ive been a fan since 1963.  I’ll never change teams.  

It was not meant to insult, it is a suggestion.  

Upon reading your posts you don’t seem to like the team and you go to great lengths to criticize.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He absolutely hated Rex. That’s what i think of whenever I see his name. 

Pretty sure he got his start in the NYC market which would explain his Rex hatred. I have nothing specific to point to other than I never respected his opinion from the first time I saw/heard him. Maybe it was his delivery. The NYC market thrives on sensationalism and hides behind its large market..."we're NYC, we must know more than everyone else!" 

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Ive been a fan since 1963.  I’ll never change teams.  

It was not meant to insult, it is a suggestion.  

Upon reading your posts you don’t seem to like the team and you go to great lengths to criticize.   

Ok, so you got me beat on the longevity of fandom, early 1980's for me. And the team has sucked for a long time, pretty much it's entire existence.  Ralph got lucky with one GM, then fired him, was a terrible owner in terms of putting product on the field.  In the end keeping the team in Buffalo was about the only thing he did right.

Allen is a longshot at best.  Not sure how anyone can disagree with that, if they do, it's simply their fandom getting in the way of the reality of the situation.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big C said:

McD is allergic to winning!

McD always ? when the offense goes 3 and out !! ( ?

Allen is a beast who’s only scratching the top of surface , I Think he’s ceiling is so freakin high 

we don’t have the technology to build telescope who could see that far !!!! 

I also don’t think will see ANY 8-9 man in the box trying to stop Shaddy when Allen is behind center , for the first time in I don’t know how long the defenses will have cover the entire 

field ( including the middle ) 

he can use some more weapons and a solid OL and I think sky is the limit!!

And I always tell the truth when I’m a little drunk ? 

Edited by Putin

58 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

That's true, but I was mainly talking about the FO getting all weak in the knees over Allen's physical tools, and ignoring all the accuracy issues.

His accuracy will improve once Foster is gone.

5 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Allen is a longshot at best.  Not sure how anyone can disagree with that, if they do, it's simply their fandom getting in the way of the reality of the situation.

Yes, Allen is a long shot. Most QBs are.  But I like the pick given the circumstances at the time.  

In 1983 Todd Blackledge was drafted before Jim Kelly.  Tony Eason and Ken O’Brien were drafted before Dan Marino.  26 players were taken before Marino, including back to back centers right before him.  The draft is not a science. It is harder to find and develop a QB than any other position.  The Bills past troubles stem from how few they have drafted in the early rounds.   You gotta play the odds because they are pretty much  all long shots. 

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

You gotta play the odds because they are pretty much  all long shots.

Correct, but picking Allen is playing some of the worst odds available at the time...

The Allen pick was a "gut" pick by a couple of guys who won't even acknowledge analytics.  They used their eyeballs only, those days are gone, just as gone as running the ball to setup the pass...

13 minutes ago, Putin said:

McD always ? when the offense goes 3 and out !! ( ?

Allen is a beast who’s only scratching the top of surface , I Think he’s ceiling is so freakin high 

we don’t have the technology to build telescope who could see that far !!!! 

I also don’t think will see ANY 8-9 man in the box trying to stop Shaddy when Allen is behind center , for the first time in I don’t know how long the defenses will have cover the entire 

field ( including the middle ) 

he can use some more weapons and a solid OL and I think sky is the limit!!

And I always tell the truth when I’m a little drunk ? 

Ive been thinking about this too. The question is will Josh and Shady ever actually play together? 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ive been thinking about this too. The question is will Josh and Shady ever actually play together? 

This is probably Shady's last year, and I think Allen only plays if there are some injuries. 

However, McClappity started Perteman when it was painfully obvious he was not ready to start, so, there is hope for you Allen fans :)

3 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

This is probably Shady's last year, and I think Allen only plays if there are some injuries. 

However, McClappity started Perteman when it was painfully obvious he was not ready to start, so, there is hope for you Allen fans :)

McDermott broke a 17 year drought in one year. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magnetar said:

Allen is the same trap that Kyle Boller and Ryan Leaf were, Bills FO took it hook line and sinker.

Pretty sure Boller didn't have that level of arm strength though. Really no one has but the tops ever. Elway, Farve, Vick

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think they will even this year  , I think Shaddy can still play for 3 good years at the high level ( bearing injuries of course) but i don’t think it would be a bad idea to start looking in to the future starting maybe this upcoming draft 

5 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Shaddy’s last year ??? I hope this is your last post 

• Thank you (+1) 1

you don't know this. statistical analysis of past qbs does not predict the future of josh allen.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Magnetar said:

Well, I guess you hope he will be properly taught, that is no guarantee.  Plus, you can't really teach accuracy, that's been proven many times over, with very few exceptions.  The odds are, the Bills will be looking for another franchise QB while a guy like Darnold is going to the playoff's every year.

That actually is 100% a straw man argument. While yes you cannot teach accuracy you can ABSOLUTELY Teach, base, footwork, mechanics, arm angles, ETC which all lead to improved accuracy. 

If you look at his college tape, when he had those good fundamentals his balls where on target. So it shows its there also you can see it now just by watching him. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ko12010 said:

Pretty sure Boller didn't have that level of arm strength though. Really no one has but the tops ever. Elway, Farve, Vick

I certainly concede the arm talent part of it.  I don't really even remember the ball leaving Favre or Elway's hand like it does Allen's.  I'd have to go back and watch old games.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That actually is 100% a straw man argument. While yes you cannot teach accuracy you can ABSOLUTELY Teach, base, footwork, mechanics, arm angles, ETC which all lead to improved accuracy. 

If you look at his college tape, when he had those good fundamentals his balls where on target. So it shows its there also you can see it now just by watching him. 

How many inaccurate QB's have been cured with changes to footwork, and is it a high percentage?  Are the odds in favor of it?

Edited by Magnetar