Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 8 - 6:15 PM at New Era

3 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I'm kind of concerned that McDermott gave McCarron two days in a row so he could run Peterman with the 1s in the practice. Makes me think that Peterman may be the lead... I know many think AJ is because he was with the starters 2 days in a row... But it could also mean that McDermott just wanted to showcase Peterman tonight.

Don’t over think it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 quick takeaways from Day 8 of Bills training camp

The Buffalo Bills packed the team bus back up and hit the 90 for Day 8 of training camp.

This session was the annual Red & Blue practice at New Era Field instead of the usual St. John Fisher College location, where the team will return.

With that, here are three quick takeaways from Day 8 of Bills camp:

Intense practice

Allen flashes

Running back rotation

59 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

If Allen plays good preseason game one and things continue to progress, I thing I'm jumping on the.... Start Allen band wagon.   Peterman for all his good plays is going to float ints.   McCarron for his good plays seems to want to get the wrs hurt.  Weak arm.

So far, I actually agree. I'm surprised to find myself feeling that way, as I've been firmly on the "let Allen sit for 10 games or more" train, but...you put it pretty well. Peterman seems to have a lot of those "CB undercuts it, takes it the other way for 6" kind of throws, and McCarron seems to be taking a ton of sacks and hanging his WRs out to dry. If that's the case, just start the kid.

• Like (+1) 2

Buffalo Bills training camp practice recap: Friday, August 3

The Buffalo Bills held a practice in Orchard Park Friday night, and while it wasn’t quite a game setting, it entertained the fans in attendance. With live tackling and a proper NFL backdrop, this was the closest thing to real Bills football that fans have seen in seven months. Here are the notes to know from tonight’s practice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just came back, Poyer is a class act. Stayed later than everyone else to sign autographs, including my jersey. Edmunds is a monster, Allen looked the best out of all 3 QBs. Keith Ford is a beast. Tre White is the truth. Had a few laughs with Punter Schmidt, cool guy. Had a great time, Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Starting to wonder if Siran Neal, Austin Proehl, and Ray Ray McCloud start the year on the practice squad or come up with a season ending injury a week before cut downs.

Proehl looks like a Ps Candidate, McCloud looks good. Foster had some pretty good catches.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Nathan Peterman led the Bills' first-team offense for the entirety of Friday night's practice inside New Era Field, with AJ McCarron leading the second team and Josh Allen the third team. The practice was largely run-based in short-yardage situations, although McCarron led the second-team offense in a two-minute drill in which he went 2-for-7 with his receivers dropping passes twice and undrafted rookie Robert Foster fumbling a fourth-down catch to end the drill.

In a brief period of 11-on-11, third-down work in Friday's practice, rookie QB Josh Allen made the best throw of the night when he threw deep over the middle to rookie WR Ray-Ray McCloud. The pass was on target and caught despite McCloud having to navigate through the secondary. However, in a later drill with the offense backed up against its own end zone, Allen took a sack for a safety and had to throw the ball away twice.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

So far, I actually agree. I'm surprised to find myself feeling that way, as I've been firmly on the "let Allen sit for 10 games or more" train, but...you put it pretty well. Peterman seems to have a lot of those "CB undercuts it, takes it the other way for 6" kind of throws, and McCarron seems to be taking a ton of sacks and hanging his WRs out to dry. If that's the case, just start the kid.

I'm in encouraged, as well, but still in the "sit him and let him watch the live action first" camp. Adjusting to the change in speed from Wyoming to the NFL takes time. One practice scrimmage should not sway us so easily. 

Josh Allen is a potential starter moreso than the other two guys. If he's a franchise QB, then the Bills can afford to be patient. Let him take in some real NFL games with no responsibility or pressure. See what happens in live action and see what successes/mistakes the other guys experience. He'll get tons of great learning material from that without any direct impact.

Buffalo Bills training camp day 8: Showing off for home crowd (9 observations)

Orchard Park, N.Y. -- New Era Field was packed Friday night for the Buffalo Bills' only training camp practice inside their home stadium.

Bills coach Sean McDermott said before the night started that it was a special event for the fans to bring the team back to the stadium ahead of its first preseason game Thursday.

"(We're going to) connect with our fanbase, the players will be interacting, and (there is) a lot going into tonight," McDermott said. "We started last year with it, and it was really in its infancy. Now, in the second year, I know it's grown and I can't wait to get out there in front of our fans."

Players did interact with the fans quite a bit, but a few of the more notable Bills were held out of practice for a veteran's rest day. That and more in day 8 training camp observations.

LeSean McCoy, Kyle Williams held out of practice
Nathan Peterman gets nod with first team
Josh Allen holstered on big night
Harrison Phillips has special moment
Wide receiver update
Ryan Russell settling in
Rookie running back has nice moment
Trust the formula
Bills legends in the house