LeSean McCoy is at camp, addressed media before practice

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

What was the point of trotting him out for this?  No one else there was interested in one particular player's "preparation for football" and he clearly only wanted to talk about football and not what they were there to talk about.

Although he could have prefaced the conference by stating all allegations against him in this incident are untrue, before saying that he was only there to answer questions about football.

He instead chose to say "it's an open investigation".....as though it's "hey let's see where this goes".

Well he as denied it. It is an open police investigation and should therefore no longer address anything about it. 

Beane and McD also addressed it and said they have done their due diligence and are confident In their results. 

So to me at this point it is a Non Story and should be about football for Camp Media engagements and I think that was the point of the Presser to set that tone. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Well he as denied it. It is an open police investigation and should therefore no longer address anything about it. 

Beane and McD also addressed it and said they have done their due diligence and are confident In their results. 

So to me at this point it is a Non Story and should be about football for Camp Media engagements and I think that was the point of the Presser to set that tone. 

Then it would make more sense for McD to not even have him available for a press conference that would have these exact predictable results.  Forcing him to go out there and pretend that the press is going to be satisfies to hear how much he weighs and how his offseason workouts went is silly.  Why put him though this charade?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

What was the point of trotting him out for this?  No one else there was interested in one particular player's "preparation for football" and he clearly only wanted to talk about football and not what they were there to talk about.

Although he could have prefaced the conference by stating all allegations against him in this incident are untrue, before saying that he was only there to answer questions about football.

He instead chose to say "it's an open investigation".....as though it's "hey let's see where this goes".

I'd bet the PR department, Pegs, management and player went the route of getting him out there for one statement to try and move past it.  It never works, as it's not like reporter 7-22 won't try to frame the question a bit differently than reporters 1-6.  It's a big story, obviously, so its to be expected. 

I would be surprised if LMs attorney hadn't explained exactly how he/she wanted him to answer, and perhaps the reply was impacted by his prior issues. He's been there a few times. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Then it would make more sense for McD to not even have him available for a press conference that would have these exact predictable results.  Forcing him to go out there and pretend that the press is going to be satisfies to hear how much he weighs and how his offseason workouts went is silly.  Why put him though this charade?

Well I dont think they would be able to “hide” him for the entirety of camp. So I think they would rather have this charade on the first day before a practice even happens and not 3 weeks into camp. I get what you are saying. But I think this was scheduled to say. Ok you are going to hear all i am going to say on this subject moving forward. So move on type of thing. 

He should have just done the Marshawn thing and every time asked about it went on a 2 minute answer about the OL, Offense, OC or Cooking

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm shocked you'd put a negative spin on this.  You usually provide a ray of sunshine.

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, having him address the media was the right move.  You can't hide him the whole camp and they're going to ask questions, so better to get it out of the way before camp officially gets under way.  Now it's over and done with, unless/until they find something tying him to it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Then people would be bitching because he was hiding from the media. Damned if you do...

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Then people would be bitching because he was hiding from the media. Damned if you do...

This, or every day when reporters ask him questions, someone will wonder why he didn't address this before camp started. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Doc said:

No, having him address the media was the right move.  You can't hide him the whole camp and they're going to ask questions, so better to get it out of the way before camp officially gets under way.  Now it's over and done with, unless/until they find something tying him to it.

Why not have him come out and say what he told the Pegulas and the coach--the he is not involved in any way with the incident.....and then say he won't be answering any more questions?

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why not have him come out and say what he told the Pegulas and the coach--the he is not involved in any way with the incident.....and then say he won't be answering any more questions?

He already made a public statement to that effect when the accusations against him were 1st made. There is absolutely no reason to reiterate his innocence and I'm sure his counsel advised him to remain quiet on the matter. 

His demeanor and class about this situation is exactly why I think this is probably a load of BS by his ex.  The investigation has turned up nothing - or we'd hear about it.

He is focused on exactly what he should be focused on.  He isn't adding any fuel to the fire.  And seemingly neither is she at this point (probably after her lawyer put the kibosh on that).

I think they are going to have to catch an assailant in order for there to be any movement on this case.  At this point the only evidence is her injuries and her narrative.  Doesn't appear to be any other witnesses or physical evidence.

I guess unless that jewelry shows up somewhere.

Edited by MTBill