Gunner's Roster Thread

58 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No way! Other than the obligatory shot of Niagara Falls and the Anchor Bar, without O’Leary there’s nothing for the national media to fill a three hour broadcast!

I agree with your sentiment. There is a solution. When you have old material refresh it with new material. :)

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Lorenzo Alexander has to be in Black, right? I can't imagine the team cutting him.

Expensive, only played on series on Thursday... but plays teams and is a vet leader... I think he more than likely stays. Bt I do just have a niggling doubt. 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, GunnerBill said:

If Logan Thomas makes this team again I might actually smash something. 

Is that a tailgating table?  :)

I am not going to pick nits around Blue versus Black - I think both of those colors are in the 53 (or are at least trade-worthy).

I think they keep 3 QBs - but at least one guy thinks it'll only be 2.  Your thoughts?

Out of the folks in Red, who are you pulling for?

Edited by MTBill

28 minutes ago, MTBill said:

Is that a tailgating table?  :)

I am not going to pick nits around Blue versus Black - I think both of those colors are in the 53 (or are at least trade-worthy).

I think they keep 3 QBs - but at least one guy thinks it'll only be 2.  Your thoughts?

Out of the folks in Red, who are you pulling for?

I think they will keep 3 to start the year. Whether the guy who loses out of Peterman and AJ makes it through the whole season on the roster I am less sure (possible trade, possible release). 

Out of the guys in red Boettger is one I am pulling for. I don't really have a dog in the fight in the receiver battle. I think it is probably one spot to fight for now and it is entirely possible none of the 6 young guns make it. 

On 7/23/2018 at 4:12 PM, GunnerBill said:

Quarterback

Josh Allen

AJ McCarron

Nathan Peterman

Running Back

LeSean McCoy

Chris Ivory

Patrick DiMarco (FB)

Marcus Murphy

Tight End

Charles Clay

Logan Thomas

Jason Croom

Khari Lee

Wide Receivers

Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Kerley

Zay Jones

Andre Holmes

Ray-Ray McCloud

Robert Foster

Offensive Line

Dion Dawkins

Ryan Groy

Jordan Mills

Russell Bodine

Wyatt Teller

Vlad Ducasse

John Miller

Marshall Newhouse

Ike Boettger

Defensive Line

Kyle Williams

Harrison Phillips

Star Lotulelei

Trent Murphy

Jerry Hughes

Shaq Lawson

Adolphus Washington

Eddie Yarbrough

Linebacker

Tremaine Edmunds

Matt Milano

Ramon Humber

Lorenzo Alexander

Julian Stanford

Deon Lacey

Cornerback

Tre'Davious White

Vontae Davis

Taron Johnson

Lafayette Pitts

Breon Borders

Safety

Jordan Poyer

Micah Hyde

Rafael Bush

Dean Marlowe

Special Teams

Stephen Hauschka

Colton Schmidt

Reid Ferguson

My 53

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update - new additions in italics.  Colour changes from the last update ONLY highlighted.  Refer to the opening post for colour coding.  Greyed out and struck through indicates no longer on the team.  

Quarterback

Josh Allen

AJ McCarron

Nathan Peterman (previously in BLUE)

Running Back

LeSean McCoy

Chris Ivory

Patrick DiMarco (FB)

Travaris Cadet (previously in BLUE)

Taiwan Jones

Marcus Murphy

Keith Ford

Tight End

Charles Clay

Nick O'Leary

Logan Thomas

Jason Croom (previously in BLUE)

Khari Lee (previously in RED)

Keith Towbridge

Wide Receivers

Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Kerley

Zay Jones

Andre Holmes

Corey Coleman

Rod Streater

Ray-Ray McCloud

Austin Proehl

Kaelin Clay

Malachi Dupre

Brandon Reilly

Cam Phillips

Robert Foster

Offensive Line

Dion Dawkins

Ryan Groy

Jordan Mills

Russell Bodine

Wyatt Teller

Vlad Ducasse

John Miller 

Marshall Newhouse

Conor McDermott

Adam Redmond

De'Ondre Wesley

Ike Boettger

Defensive Line

Kyle Williams

Harrison Phillips

Star Lotulelei

Trent Murphy

Jerry Hughes

Shaq Lawson

Adolphus Washington

Eddie Yarbrough (previously in RED)

Owa Odighizuwa

Terrence Fede

Rickey Hatley

Marquavius Lewis

Tenny Palepoi

Mike Love

Tyrunn Walker

Ryan Russell

Linebacker

Tremaine Edmunds

Matt Milano

Ramon Humber

Lorenzo Alexander (previously BLUE)

Julian Stanford

Deon Lacey

Tanner Vallejo

Keenan Robinson

Mat Boesen

Corey Thompson

Cornerback

Tre'Davious White

Vontae Davis

Taron Johnson

Phillip Gaines

Levi Wallace

Lafayette Pitts

Breon Borders

Safety

Jordan Poyer

Micah Hyde

Rafael Bush

Siran Neal (previously BLUE)

LJ McCray

Kelcie McCray

Dean Marlowe (previously RED)

Special Teams

Stephen Hauschka

Colton Schmidt (previously BLACK)

Reid Ferguson

Cory Carter

Tyler Davis

Jon Ryan

Okay very quick explanations on the changes this time...

Peterman goes from blue to black because he has the performance and health edge on AJ at this stage and if there is any question about AJ being ready to go then there is no way they risk going with 2 QBs with McCarron as one of them. Peterman is now a lock.

Cadet falls from blue to red because Murphy is pretty close to a lock now (considered changing him) and Cadet has show very little. At one point I saw room for 4 running backs, not any more.

Lee and Croom switch because Khairi Lee is the better blocker and just needed to contribute in the passing game which he did game 2 and with the now expected starting QB too - chemistry. Croom in a 3 way fight for the 3rd TE spot.

Yarbrough goes red to blue - he was in my mind more vulnerable than Shaq but the ongoing Murphy injury means they are very likely not letting go of either solid, dependable defensive end with a year's experience in the system.

Lorenzo is finally from blue to black. I know most of you thought he was never in danger, but old guys with big salaries are always at some risk. With the younger linebackers looking shaky so far no way McDermott lets go of the leader in that room.

Siran Neal goes blue to red because at the moment I don't know what spot he takes. He feels like you maybe try and stash him on the PS but if you can't do that he is your 53rd guy and you redshirt him on your active roster.

Dean Marlowe goes red to blue. Impressed against Cleveland, has a Panthers connection = likely making the team.

Schmidt goes black to red not because he has done anything wrong but because they have now brought in legitimate vet competition. They are only selecting one punter so by very definition he is red now because he is in competition for 1 spot with another guy. One of them will make it and I still edge toward Schmidt but it is a competition now. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Latest update - new additions in italics.  Colour changes from the last update ONLY highlighted.  Refer to the opening post for colour coding.  Greyed out and struck through indicates no longer on the team.  

Quarterback

Josh Allen

AJ McCarron

Nathan Peterman (previously in BLUE)

Running Back

LeSean McCoy

Chris Ivory

Patrick DiMarco (FB)

Travaris Cadet (previously in BLUE)

Taiwan Jones

Marcus Murphy

Keith Ford

Tight End

Charles Clay

Nick O'Leary

Logan Thomas

Jason Croom (previously in BLUE)

Khari Lee (previously in RED)

Keith Towbridge

Wide Receivers

Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Kerley

Zay Jones

Andre Holmes

Corey Coleman

Rod Streater

Ray-Ray McCloud

Austin Proehl

Kaelin Clay

Malachi Dupre

Brandon Reilly

Cam Phillips

Robert Foster

Offensive Line

Dion Dawkins

Ryan Groy

Jordan Mills

Russell Bodine

Wyatt Teller

Vlad Ducasse

John Miller 

Marshall Newhouse

Conor McDermott

Adam Redmond

De'Ondre Wesley

Ike Boettger

Defensive Line

Kyle Williams

Harrison Phillips

Star Lotulelei

Trent Murphy

Jerry Hughes

Shaq Lawson

Adolphus Washington

Eddie Yarbrough (previously in RED)

Owa Odighizuwa

Terrence Fede

Rickey Hatley

Marquavius Lewis

Tenny Palepoi

Mike Love

Tyrunn Walker

Ryan Russell

Linebacker

Tremaine Edmunds

Matt Milano

Ramon Humber

Lorenzo Alexander (previously BLUE)

Julian Stanford

Deon Lacey

Tanner Vallejo

Keenan Robinson

Mat Boesen

Corey Thompson

Cornerback

Tre'Davious White

Vontae Davis

Taron Johnson

Phillip Gaines

Levi Wallace

Lafayette Pitts

Breon Borders

Safety

Jordan Poyer

Micah Hyde

Rafael Bush

Siran Neal (previously BLUE)

LJ McCray

Kelcie McCray

Dean Marlowe (previously RED)

Special Teams

Stephen Hauschka

Colton Schmidt (previously BLACK)

Reid Ferguson

Cory Carter

Tyler Davis

Jon Ryan

Okay very quick explanations on the changes this time...

Peterman goes from blue to black because he has the performance and health edge on AJ at this stage and if there is any question about AJ being ready to go then there is no way they risk going with 2 QBs with McCarron as one of them. Peterman is now a lock.

Cadet falls from blue to red because Murphy is pretty close to a lock now (considered changing him) and Cadet has show very little. At one point I saw room for 4 running backs, not any more.

Lee and Croom switch because Khairi Lee is the better blocker and just needed to contribute in the passing game which he did game 2 and with the now expected starting QB too - chemistry. Croom in a 3 way fight for the 3rd TE spot.

Yarbrough goes red to blue - he was in my mind more vulnerable than Shaq but the ongoing Murphy injury means they are very likely not letting go of either solid, dependable defensive end with a year's experience in the system.

Lorenzo is finally from blue to black. I know most of you thought he was never in danger, but old guys with big salaries are always at some risk. With the younger linebackers looking shaky so far no way McDermott lets go of the leader in that room.

Siran Neal goes blue to red because at the moment I don't know what spot he takes. He feels like you maybe try and stash him on the PS but if you can't do that he is your 53rd guy and you redshirt him on your active roster.

Dean Marlowe goes red to blue. Impressed against Cleveland, has a Panthers connection = likely making the team.

Schmidt goes black to red not because he has done anything wrong but because they have now brought in legitimate vet competition. They are only selecting one punter so by very definition he is red now because he is in competition for 1 spot with another guy. One of them will make it and I still edge toward Schmidt but it is a competition now. 

Lee’s whiff on the chip block led to McCarron’s injury. Maybe that was an anomaly.

7 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Totally agree on Khari Lee, but I'm not sure too many others do.

Marshall Newhouse in red, and  Teller in black? Seems to be trending the other way.

Stanford over Vallejo would surprise me.

Marlowe over Neal would surprise me.

I think Lee is making it.  

Teller is making the team. They drafted him this year in a mid round and he has played pretty well in pre-season. I think Newhouse maybe should be blue. I feel like that 8 on the offensive line is almost locked in now.

At linebacker I have both Stanford and Vallejo in red (don't worry about the order that is a bit random). I think Lacey who has played some with the 1st unit and is a core ST guy is probably safe in that 5th spot (with Tre, Matt, Zo and Humber as the first 4) - the 6th spot is a three way battle between Stanford, Robinson and Vallejo and none of them have looked good. I expect one will make the team but then be replaced by a cut from elsewhere.

I think Marlowe is ahead of Neal at safety, he has been in both games - with the 2s while Neal has been with the 3s. I still think Neal likely sneaks on the roster as the 53rd man because they are scared about exposing him to waivers.... but he is isn't ready to contribute in 2018.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

Particularly Eddie Y after watching Embedded last night.

The only thing that stops me putting Eddie in black is he hasn't yet flashed in the games as such. Blue still means I think he is likely on the team though. Just not quite willing to say "lock".