Prisco: Bills to go 3-13 (start 0-8)

4 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

THIS TIMES A MILLION!!!

"hard schedule" is right up there with "high motor" as far as useless, stupid football quotes. We have NO CLUE how hard the schedule is going to be, we have no clue how good each team is going to be, especially at the point we play them. Maybe they are down to their third string QB, maybe they have an off day, maybe their best offensive weapon has a case of explosive diarrhea...there is a reason they actually play the games. 

Nice post.  

Thanks and I completely agree with everything you're saying. There is so many variables that go into each week , like injuries and weather and matchups. It's impossible and ridiculous to look at a schedule in July and predict a teams record.

There's always guys who will have career years or terrible years from their norm...

I'm excited about the team , I feel we improved everywhere except OL and i'd like to think we can be much better on O without Taylor and Dennison , I mean they were a pretty awful combo. I don't see why we can't sustain or improve on the 9 wins last year

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But one thing to keep in mind. Nobody ever heard of tomorrows superstar. We have a lot of unknowns on this team. But it's foolish to think they will all stink. If Beane and his crew are worth their paychecks, there are some gems among the rocks.

I think certainly at wide receiver that is one of the aims of the season.  Let's see which of these young guys can play.  If the season starts slow I don't really want to see Kerley out there and frankly, unless they are still evaluating Benjamin for a contract, I don't need to see him out there much either. I'd like us to get a couple of the young guys on the roster, keep another couple on the practice squad and by the end of the season have given all 4 of them a shot (that is 4 out of Proehl, Ray-Ray, Foster, Reilly, Phillips and Dupre).  I think they keep Benjamin, Kerley, Zay and Holmes (as a core coverage units guy who can also play WR).  The remaining two or three slots for me would go to young guys who might be gems, not to Rod Streater or Kaelin Clay. 

I hope that from that 6 I listed there is at least 1 maybe 2 who can be legitimate receivers in this league. I actually had Dupre as a late 3rd rounder in the 2017 draft. I was shocked he lasted until the 7th - think he was a victim of LSU's woeful Quarterbacking. I know a lot of fans are excited about the guys we took this year and I get that but Dupre is the one I really want to see in the pre-season. I am still a believer in his talent. 

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not thinking playoffs but 3-13 is way too pessimistic. 7-9 is doable. But I also don't want to sell McDermott short. He got the most out of a pretty motley crew last year. 

But one thing to keep in mind. Nobody ever heard of tomorrows superstar. We have a lot of unknowns on this team. But it's foolish to think they will all stink. If Beane and his crew are worth their paychecks, there are some gems among the rocks.

I am admittedly skeptical due to years of losing and mismanagement.

My fear for this particular team is that we will go back to the days of having a terrible, sub-par offensive line. I am a fan of McCarron. I watched every game of his college career and am very familiar with him. He was under drafted to be sure and has size, brains, and some talent. However, do remember that he played behind what probably was the best OL of all time at Alabama. If you ever have time, watch some you tube videos of the title game vs. Notre Dame. They were knocking down defenders like bowling pins.

I think that the OL last season was surprisingly good. You never heard me complain about it, and I have been complaining about blocking for many years. I am not sharp enough to know how much of their improvement was due to the mobility of Tyrod but we will soon find out. If the OL goes down the tubes now, so will Shady and McCarron and it won't be pretty. I really hope we don't have to see yet another debacle up front in 2018.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am admittedly skeptical due to years of losing and mismanagement.

My fear for this particular team is that we will go back to the days of having a terrible, sub-par offensive line. I am a fan of McCarron. I watched every game of his college career and am very familiar with him. He was under drafted to be sure and has size, brains, and some talent. However, do remember that he played behind what probably was the best OL of all time at Alabama. If you ever have time, watch some you tube videos of the title game vs. Notre Dame. They were knocking down defenders like bowling pins.

I think that the OL last season was surprisingly good. You never heard me complain about it, and I have been complaining about blocking for many years. I am not sharp enough to know how much of their improvement was due to the mobility of Tyrod but we will soon find out. If the OL goes down the tubes now, so will Shady and McCarron and it won't be pretty. I really hope we don't have to see yet another debacle up front in 2018.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My take on Tyrod with respect to his influence on the OL is that he had more of a positive effect enhancing the running  game than he did in the passing game. The defense had to have players shadow him because he was such a potent running threat. They couldn't stack the line because he was so mobile and could change his direction and scoot through a gap. With respect to the passing game because he wasn't adept at making quick reads and quick releases he placed more pressure on the OL when pass protecting. 

Let's remember that three starting players (Glenn, Incognito and Wood) are off the roster. Over the past two years Incognito was our best blocker. I wish they would have kept him for another year instead of squeezing him with their reduced contract offer. (Sometimes more is going on internally than we are aware of?) 

In general, this OL doesn't look very impressive. That is the consensus opinion of most people who follow the Bills. And collectively  our running group is very uninspiring. If you take an overview of our offense it obviously tacks much potency. It's apparent in McBeane's rebuilding project that the emphasis was on the defense. That's fine with me----you can't redo everything at once. For me I'm more concerned about the rebuilding than I am about a record in one year in the midst of that process. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think certainly at wide receiver that is one of the aims of the season.  Let's see which of these young guys can play.  If the season starts slow I don't really want to see Kerley out there and frankly, unless they are still evaluating Benjamin for a contract, I don't need to see him out there much either. I'd like us to get a couple of the young guys on the roster, keep another couple on the practice squad and by the end of the season have given all 4 of them a shot (that is 4 out of Proehl, Ray-Ray, Foster, Reilly, Phillips and Dupre).  I think they keep Benjamin, Kerley, Zay and Holmes (as a core coverage units guy who can also play WR).  The remaining two or three slots for me would go to young guys who might be gems, not to Rod Streater or Kaelin Clay. 

I hope that from that 6 I listed there is at least 1 maybe 2 who can be legitimate receivers in this league. I actually had Dupre as a late 3rd rounder in the 2017 draft. I was shocked he lasted until the 7th - think he was a victim of LSU's woeful Quarterbacking. I know a lot of fans are excited about the guys we took this year and I get that but Dupre is the one I really want to see in the pre-season. I am still a believer in his talent. 

Good post. At wr I hope they keep 7. Besides your starting 4, I would like to see Reilly, dupri and Foster with rayray and proel to the practice squad. I've never been impressed with Kerley.

Thats all guesswork.  Here are some facts:

Our defense will be even better.

No clue who our qb will be, but QB production wasn't our strongsuit last year and we made the playoffs.

Our WR's will be better than the mess we had last year with an injured KB and Streater, with random dudes filling in week to week.

We will shut down the Ravens on opening day.  Collins will fumble at least once, we will be in the backfield all day, and we'll start 1-0

• Like (+1) 1