Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vod Kanockers

The curse of the 2nd pick by the Bills

Recommended Posts

If you believe in curses like the cover of Madden, this may not be the thread for you. With the exception of a couple that I can’t remember at the moment, (and nit picking aside) has anyone else ever noticed that since about 2003, typically the 2nd pick of the Bills in that years draft ends up being significantly injured for a decent amount of time? We always look at it as, “well, we get so-and-so back next year, which is like an extra draft pick.”

 

Some of our 2nd picks since 2003 include..  

 

2017-  Zay Jones (not out of action, but played all year hurt. Bad example) 

 

2016- Reggie Ragland (yup)

 

2015- John Miller (Don’t remeber)

 

2014- Cyrus Kouandjio (yup)

 

2013- Kiko Alonso (happened after 1st year, but yup)

 

2012- Cordy Glenn (safe)

 

2011- Aaron Williams (sore subject)

 

2010- Torell Troupe (yup)

 

2009- Eric wood (sore subject, again, but rookie year, yup)

 

2008- James Hardy (yup)

 

2007- Paul Posluzney (yup)

 

2006- John McCargo (yup)

 

2005- Roscoe Parrish/Kevin Everett (you pick, but, yup) 

 

2004- JP Losman (yup)

 

That’s arguably 11/14. 

 

With the exception of JA, TE is probably the person who I will be looking for the most this year. Hopefully he can stay on the field for all 16 games. I couldn’t name his back-up right now if I tried. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely a sore subject.

 

Miller hasn't been hurt, but has had a rough ride with all the new OC's each year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1983:

 

#12 Tony Hunter

#14 Jim Kelly

 

Maybe we can return to the good old days.  That means Allen would be a bust?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rooted deeply in historical traditions:

 

1969:  Bill 'Earthquake' Enyart.

 

😛😁

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vod Kanockers said:

If you believe in curses like the cover of Madden, this may not be the thread for you. With the exception of a couple that I can’t remember at the moment, (and nit picking aside) has anyone else ever noticed that since about 2003, typically the 2nd pick of the Bills in that years draft ends up being significantly injured for a decent amount of time? We always look at it as, “well, we get so-and-so back next year, which is like an extra draft pick.”

 

Some of our 2nd picks since 2003 include..  

 

2017-  Zay Jones (not out of action, but played all year hurt. Bad example) 

 

2016- Reggie Ragland (yup)

 

2015- John Miller (Don’t remeber)

 

2014- Cyrus Kouandjio (yup)

 

2013- Kiko Alonso (happened after 1st year, but yup)

 

2012- Cordy Glenn (safe)

 

2011- Aaron Williams (sore subject)

 

2010- Torell Troupe (yup)

 

2009- Eric wood (sore subject, again, but rookie year, yup)

 

2008- James Hardy (yup)

 

2007- Paul Posluzney (yup)

 

2006- John McCargo (yup)

 

2005- Roscoe Parrish/Kevin Everett (you pick, but, yup) 

 

2004- JP Losman (yup)

 

That’s arguably 11/14. 

 

With the exception of JA, TE is probably the person who I will be looking for the most this year. Hopefully he can stay on the field for all 16 games. I couldn’t name his back-up right now if I tried. :(

 

Miller would be a "safe".

 

I think you're stretching it to include guys who were injured after they played a full season like Kiko Alonso.

I'm also wondering about why stop at 2004?  Why not either be more recent (say, 2009, last 10 years) or go further back?

 

Creative though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills have more or less stunk at picking quality players in the 2nd round for the past decade plus. As such, I was elated that the Bills only had two give up two 2017 2nd round picks to move up for Allen in this year's draft. History shows the Bills wouldn't have done anything worthwhile with those picks anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Losman might not have been a great QB, but he could put down a pack of Marlboro's with the best of them.

Really? I didn't know he was a smoker, good info if true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Really? I didn't know he was a smoker, good info if true.

My brother saw him at Sidebar on Hertel just after he had been benched for Edwards.  He said he was smoking and got pissed when one of the two chicks he was with made a joke about him being benched.  Also I guy I used to work with said he saw Kaepernick chain smoking at a pool bar place in Vegas.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vod Kanockers said:

If you believe in curses like the cover of Madden, this may not be the thread for you. With the exception of a couple that I can’t remember at the moment, (and nit picking aside) has anyone else ever noticed that since about 2003, typically the 2nd pick of the Bills in that years draft ends up being significantly injured for a decent amount of time? We always look at it as, “well, we get so-and-so back next year, which is like an extra draft pick.”

 

Some of our 2nd picks since 2003 include..  

 

2017-  Zay Jones (not out of action, but played all year hurt. Bad example) 

 

2016- Reggie Ragland (yup)

 

2015- John Miller (Don’t remeber)

 

2014- Cyrus Kouandjio (yup)

 

2013- Kiko Alonso (happened after 1st year, but yup)

 

2012- Cordy Glenn (safe)

 

2011- Aaron Williams (sore subject)

 

2010- Torell Troupe (yup)

 

2009- Eric wood (sore subject, again, but rookie year, yup)

 

2008- James Hardy (yup)

 

2007- Paul Posluzney (yup)

 

2006- John McCargo (yup)

 

2005- Roscoe Parrish/Kevin Everett (you pick, but, yup) 

 

2004- JP Losman (yup)

 

That’s arguably 11/14. 

 

With the exception of JA, TE is probably the person who I will be looking for the most this year. Hopefully he can stay on the field for all 16 games. I couldn’t name his back-up right now if I tried. :(

Again with this crap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Losman might not have been a great QB, but he could put down a pack of Marlboro's with the best of them.

Not a problem if you don't have to scramble...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert Woods was our 2nd pick in '13.  Not Alonso.  I'd like to see the league wide percentage of 2nd round picks that became franchise players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×