Jump to content
BuffAlone

Adolphus Washington not up for trade, per McBeane

Recommended Posts

Said it months ago, he is getting better. No interest in trading/cutting him. He can thrive in this defense.....as per Cappacio. 

Teams called, we passed. Take it FWIW

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Said it months ago, he is getting better. No interest in trading/cutting him. He can thrive in this defense.....as per Cappacio. 

Teams called, we passed. Take it FWIW

Lets hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What would they get for him?

 

A six pack?

Edited by Aussie Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect big things from him this year next to a space eater like Star.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stony said:

I expect big things from him this year next to a space eater like Star.  

I think he is gonna get pushed right off the team by Horrible Harry.......

 

but I do hope im wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Beane would love to trade him but hasn’t hound a decent return yet. Wait until someone loses a DL in camp to injury and the phones will heat back up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Beane would love to trade him but hasn’t hound a decent return yet. Wait until someone loses a DL in camp to injury and the phones will heat back up. 

They said they got calls, and turned them down. I think they wanna get him to buy into the process. At the very least, he's on the team this year. Behind Kyle, he had the second most snaps played last year......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif

Oh Marsha, why did you turn this into a Brady post??

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Another Whaley gem. So low value, his sellers had to take him off the market.

Second most snaps last year....They like him

25 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

What would they get for him?

 

A six pack?

Of sacks! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

They said they got calls, and turned them down. I think they wanna get him to buy into the process. At the very least, he's on the team this year. Behind Kyle, he had the second most snaps played last year......

 

And he's still cheap labor.  If they get him to buy in it's a windfall; the dude has talent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eball said:

 

And he's still cheap labor.  If they get him to buy in it's a windfall; the dude has talent.

He does. A penetrating DT to pair with Kyle/Harry. Good depth!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

....not sure if I remember correctly, but weren't we in a big hurry to dump Alan Branch due to a hiccup?....turned out to be a pretty good pickup for the Patsies....Washington's salary and bonus for 2018 is a "sizeable (COUGH)" 660 grand.......why not check him out for depth?.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Lets hope

 

Why?  Adolphus showed very promise in his first two years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

 

....not sure if I remember correctly, but weren't we in a big hurry to dump Alan Branch due to a hiccup?....turned out to be a pretty good pickup for the Patsies....Washington's salary and bonus for 2018 is a "sizeable (COUGH)" 660 grand.......why not check him out for depth?.....

The “hiccup” was he crushed two cases of beer and went for a joyride then got arrested for DWI. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The “hiccup” was he crushed two cases of beer and went for a joyride then got arrested for DWI. 

 

...thanks bud...glad you're out of your "high level business meetings" to help me out here....LOL......:thumbsup:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

 

Why?  Adolphus showed very promise in his first two years. 

Please tell me where you saw this

 

I would like to be wrong

 

I see a player who despite his size gets pushed around in the run game and despite being known as a pass rusher cant seem to get to the QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully him and Phillips can come up with good production in the rotation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has talent. If he gets it going, as a tall, lean, mean machine, he's gonna get a new contract from McBeane. Especially as a 3rd down pass rushing DT/End. He has steadily improved, evenin the run game, which was his Achilles heel coming outta college. Second most snaps played on defense last year says all you need to know. Cheap.Progressing. Learning. Buying in. Sounds like a manageable contract coming next year to me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think he is gonna get pushed right off the team by Horrible Harry.......

 

but I do hope im wrong

Hate, hate, hate...

 

To be fair, I think one of him or Shaq might be gone after camp. I just put my chips on AW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Please tell me where you saw this

 

I would like to be wrong

 

I see a player who despite his size gets pushed around in the run game and despite being known as a pass rusher cant seem to get to the QB

That's not true. He VASTLY improved in the run game last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think he is gonna get pushed right off the team by Horrible Harry.......

 


Horrible Harry will be a nose tackle and Star's primary backup.

Adolphus Washington will be a 3-technique and Kyle's primary backup.

You need at least 4 defensive tackles on the roster.

If anyone's pushing Washington off the roster, its Tenny Palepoi, and I don't seen that happening.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×