Helsinki Summit

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes I think our intelligence services are more reliable that Putin.  Yes they make mistakes at times.  But if you honestly think as the president does that Putin should be put on equal footing, at minimum, to our intelligence services then I would say your loyalties are seriously misplaced.

Where did he say that?

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

None of those quotes support the statement you made (because they're not from the transcript of the presser). 

Here's the entire press conference, word for word.  https://www.npr.org/2018/07/16/629462401/transcript-president-trump-and-russian-president-putins-joint-press-conference

It's all there.  

And if you can't read: 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The only way to do that is through direct acts of war. Which, when talking about the largest nuclear power in the world, is a dangerous gambit to run when there's no smoking gun, is it not? 

It's an even more dangerous precedent to set in light of our extensive history of meddling in other elections (like France and Israel just recently). Don't you see the problem with that kind of solution?

No I don't.  I believe they have already committed an act of war by their attempt to affect our elections.  If France or Israel think the same if us they should take actions as well.  They probably don't because in the sum total of things our relationship has more positives than negatives.

14 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

At least you admit you are OK with Putin/Russian electoral interference.  

I believe in an open internet, so no, I have no problem with Facebook marketing.

The problem isn't "Russians."  The problem is Americans are too stupid to discriminate their news sources.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

No I don't.  I believe they have already committed an act of war by their attempt to affect our elections.  If France or Israel think the same if us they should take actions as well.  They probably don't because in the sum total of things our relationship has more positives than negatives.

Dumbest !@#$ing thing I've read today.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I do acknowledge that fact, very much so. But it's not that simple, and you know it. Everyone - including me - agrees Russia meddled/tried to meddle in our election. Like they've done in every one of our elections this century. This isn't new, and it isn't all that dangerous considering the means in which they attempted to meddle (Facebook and propaganda push). The house and senate committees - let alone all 17 intel agencies - differ WILDLY with one another when it comes to whether or not Russia "hacked" the election or the DCCC/DNC. 

Which brings this full circle back to the discussion of the server. The fact it hasn't been examined directly leaves all this open to reasonable doubt. To suggest it's an open and closed case which everyone agrees is inaccurate. 

Let Mueller finish his investigation and let the chips fall where they may.

2 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Here's the entire press conference, word for word.  https://www.npr.org/2018/07/16/629462401/transcript-president-trump-and-russian-president-putins-joint-press-conference

It's all there.  

And if you can't read: 

Funny. I don't see anywhere in the transcript where Trump said these words:

2 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

The President of the United States said his administration, congress and the intelligence community are wrong about Russian election interference and Putin is telling the truth.  

So thank you for admitting that you were lying. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

And you expect what?  That the Russians will simply take it?

You're suggesting over acts of war to which the Russians will certainly respond.

What you're advocating leads directly to this:

See the source image

There's no way around it.

Is this the world you want to live in?

It is, because it validates his belief that Donald Trump will start a nuclear war.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I believe in an open internet, so no, I have no problem with Facebook marketing.

The problem isn't "Russians."  The problem is Americans are too stupid to discriminate their news sources.

Dumbest !@#$ing thing I've read today.

Trying to affect the elections is not an act of war?  

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think this is a solid 8.

Judges?

Just now, DC Tom said:

It is, because it validates his belief that Donald Trump will start a nuclear war.

Which I have never said anywhere.  Another stupid comment by you.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm fine with this. But you're advocating Trump doesn't wait, and act now. How is that consistent?

I have said I am extremely hawkish when it comes to national security.  If it were my job I'd bring someone on board like you as SecDef to calm me down.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

It's all there.  

And if you can't read: 

There is literally NOTHING non-factual about this, nor treasonous:

I think that the, the probe is a disaster for our country. I think it's kept us apart, it's kept us separated. CORRECT.

There was no collusion at all. Everybody knows it. People are being brought out to the fore. So far that I know virtually none of it related to the campaign. CORRECT

And they're gonna have to try really hard to find somebody that did relate to the campaign. That was a clean campaign. I beat Hillary Clinton easily and frankly we beat her. CORRECT

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I have said I am extremely hawkish when it comes to national security.  If it were my job I'd bring someone on board like you as SecDef to calm me down.

I hear you, and I'm really not trying to be annoying or argumentative just to be an ass. It's a vastly complex subject and we all (myself included) need to resist trying to boil it down to its simplest terms - especially when there's so much intentional disinformation out there on all these topics. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm pointing out the fact that Trump has indeed cast doubt on Russian hacking. There is no conflation on my part.  Sit down. 

The questions weren't about hacking, but about Russian interference, and that's what Trump responded to.

How come nobody brings this Trump statement?

During today’s meeting, I addressed directly with President Putin the issue of Russian interference in our elections. I felt this was a message best delivered in person. Spent a great deal of time talking about it. 

• Like (+1) 2

Yesterday was bad optics for Trump. There was bipartisan condemnation. The left was given a layup and they bricked it by going batshit. They couldn't just let him screw up. They had to exaggerate so much that sane people end up annoyed at them too. This is how they get more Trump.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Trying to affect the elections is not an act of war?  

Legally, an act of war is what Congress decides is an act of war.  

Morally...you're an idiot.  Posting bull **** on the internet is worth the commitment of the full force of the US military?  Does that make Facebook guilty of treason for allowing it?  Does that make Clinton guilty of treason for pushing for and helping with the development of the Zelenograd complex that did the posting?  Should we go to war with the Chinese for hacking the data of millions of clearances from OPM?  

Or maybe you're just unhinged?

Just now, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Yesterday was bad optics for Trump. There was bipartisan condemnation. The left was given a layup and they bricked it by going batshit. They couldn't just let him screw up. They had to exaggerate so much that sane people end up annoyed at them too. This is how they get more Trump.

100%. And he dug himself his own hole. 

But instead of dealing with it like adults, the push to the extreme allows the majority of this country to clearly see the partisan hackery at work. November isn't going to go the way the DNC wishes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

The questions weren't about hacking, but about Russian interference, and that's what Trump responded to.

Hint: Hacking is included as part of the interference.  Cute try though.  Prior to yesterday he has cast doubt on Russian hacking as I initially posted. 

3 minutes ago, GG said:

It sounds like a responsible exercise of foreign policy.

Hang the !@#$er.