Twitter Confirms What I Always Suspected

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

I left WNY when I was 10. It's my belief as a southerner that y'all Yankee folk is all true blue democrat. What is WNY? Is it a conservative bubble surrounded by "Marthas Vineyard liberals?"

It was heavily democrat when I moved away, but that was 1982. I don't imagine much has changed though.

The article says they are removing locked accounts...and further explains:

"Twitter noted on Wednesday locked accounts are different from spam and bot accounts — two other issues that have plagued the platform — in that they were usually started by “real people,” but the company is unable to verify they’re still being run by their initial creators."

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I work in an industry that offers to provide followers to accounts. It's the same industry that is hand in hand with the DNC and Silicon Valley on all things political. Fake followers has always been a way to boost numbers. 

any good dirt?

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Fun dirt? Loads. One day I'll spill a bunch of it. 

Illegal kind of dirt - not as much, nor as much fun. 

that's okay, don't compromise yerself, you don't have an Uncle Wiggly Get Out Jail Free Card like these liars under oath have

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Fun dirt? Loads. One day I'll spill a bunch of it. 

Illegal kind of dirt - not as much, nor as much fun. 

When I was a recruiter in the army I had a boss who was an army commo guy. Before he was a recruiter he had the coolest job ever. He was stationed at Camp David, and worked for Clinton, then W. He overheard a lot of conversations between W and Tony Blair. He heard everything. He wouldn’t tell me anything specific because he wouldn’t, and I wouldn’t expect him too, but he echoed what you said. He heard a lot of funny/interesting things, but never a smoking gun anything truly dramatic. Lota funny stories though. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Benghazi is a conspiracy @BarackObama ?!   How bout we do this,let’s put your cowardly ass on the top of a roof with 6 of your buddies&shoot rpg’s&Ak47’s at you while terrorists lob 81mm mortars killing 2 of your buddies all while waiting for US support that you never sent#scum

•  

Paranto’s is a survivor of the attack, his point seemed cogent to me, but Twitter apparently didn’t agree. It suspended Paronto’s account, apparently on the ground that he was disrespectful toward a former president.

Now if Twitter will suspend the accounts of all who are critical of, or disrespectful toward, President Trump, I will be convinced that its algorithms are devoid of any political bias.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Benghazi is a conspiracy @BarackObama ?!   How bout we do this,let’s put your cowardly ass on the top of a roof with 6 of your buddies&shoot rpg’s&Ak47’s at you while terrorists lob 81mm mortars killing 2 of your buddies all while waiting for US support that you never sent#scum

•  

So he wants to re-enact a Saturday night in Chicago?

• 6 months later...

Well, this is as good a thread as any to post this in. (Searching "twitter" in PPP ain't easy. <_< )

GOP Senator Puts Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Notice: Time for a 'Third-Party Audit' of De-Platforming Policies

</snip>

"In light of these events, and in view of Twitter’s history of de-platforming conservative voices, it is time for Twitter to open itself to a third-party audit of how and when the company enforces its suspension policies," Hawley wrote.

The senator, who has been a vocal proponent of investigating big tech companies, said that conservatives who advocate for the "dignity of all persons, regardless of size or age" are used to being treated unfairly by corporations. "But platform companies like Twitter are supposed to rise above that partisan nonsense."

Hawley reminded Dorsey of his 2018 commitment "to serve the public conversation” by “defending freedom of expression as a fundamental human right” at Twitter.

Social media platforms have been given a "sweetheart deal," according to Hawley, which includes "immunity from liability for illegal content posted by third parties." They were given special consideration, he said, because they promised to provide "a forum for a true diversity of political discourse.”

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1