2018-2019 NBA Thread

11 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Serious question row, when, if ever, does one have the moral high ground to seek changing fandom. NBA.. NFL.. I always loved the Knicks. Loved Melo, Kristaps, now Trier.. and I think I still love them, I really do. But in the back of my mind I know I'm in an abusive relationship and my wife named Knickerbockers beats the crap out of me when I come home from a hard Day's work. And today she cheated on me (again) and had her lover beat the crap out of me and lock me out of my own house I paid for.

But I still love the her, I love the Knicks, and I promised in my marriage and fandom vows to stay until death does me in.

Would I be horrible for tepidly rooting for the Mavs (stadium is right across the street from me, I go to 20+ games a year) of Bucks fan (my brother's team). See my posts above ^.

What would row do?

the moral high ground.... you can do what you want, maybe some friends will hold you to prior loyalties.

the Knicks have pull for their fanbase, even in dismal decades, that's understandable

the NBA regular season is dismal and bogus, each night i see a good game is on and then 2 key starters aren't bothering to play, not an injury, they've already played two games in the last 14 nights...

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kylie isn’t coming back to the Celtics, and I think that might be for the best. 

Nailed it. Irving is a chick. Full of drama. Trade her for a 2nd round pick so I don’t have to look at her. 

Edited by CommonCents

54 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Nailed it. Irving is a chick. Full of drama. Trade her for a 2nd round pick so I don’t have to look at her. 

Keep Rozier instead and build around Tatum. Kyrie is all about himself. Great talent, but the team chemistry is better without him. He also seems too consumed with his movies. Thank you, next. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, row_33 said:

the NBA regular season is dismal and bogus, each night i see a good game is on and then 2 key starters aren't bothering to play, not an injury, they've already played two games in the last 14 nights...

I've concluded the NBA is basically the same as Bravo is for women.   A bunch of whiney ***** carping at each other as substitute for anything interesting happening.

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I've concluded the NBA is basically the same as Bravo is for women.   A bunch of whiney ***** carping at each other as substitute for anything interesting happening.

The worst is “players night” when they have people with no ability to announce take on the game.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:40 AM, row_33 said:

That's just like your opinion man.

No but my buddies and I follow NBA the whole season, go to Dallas Mavs games, fantasy basketball. Good time!

I mean I think baseball is boring as heck but I get why people like sports in general haha. It ain't for me though

On 2/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, row_33 said:

The Knicks had a very good team for a few yers around Ewing, it wasn't close to the memories of Clyde and Pearl and Dollar Bill and to me the NBA was at a low point in stardom after the Bird/Magjc excellence

Oh yeah a team with Ewing as its best player has no business going deep in the playoffs. Good but not championship tier.. same with the Reggie Miller Pacers. The 90s teams needed Olajuwan or some dude named MJ.

Bill Simmons made a good point that Isaiah Thomas is one of the few superstars through the 80s and 90s to win with no real second banana. Or at least the bad boy Pistons had the worst second banana of all the championship teams.. still a great overall team though

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

53 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

That's just like your opinion man.

No but my buddies and I follow NBA the whole season, go to Dallas Mavs games, fantasy basketball. Good time!

I mean I think baseball is boring as heck but I get why people like sports in general haha. It ain't for me though

Oh yeah a team with Ewing as its best player has no business going deep in the playoffs. Good but not championship tier.. same with the Reggie Miller Pacers. The 90s teams needed Olajuwan or some dude named MJ.

Bill Simmons made a good point that Isaiah Thomas is one of the few superstars through the 80s and 90s to win with no real second banana. Or at least the bad boy Pistons had the worst second banana of all the championship teams.. still a great overall team though

Pistons were a three guard attack with Zeke, Dumars and Microwave. Dantley and later Aguirre, both just past prime stardom, were important to the success

other 3 guard champs were Seattle with Gus, Freddie and DJ and the Havlicek Celtics of the 70s

16 hours ago, row_33 said:

Pistons were a three guard attack with Zeke, Dumars and Microwave. Dantley and later Aguirre, both just past prime stardom, were important to the success

other 3 guard champs were Seattle with Gus, Freddie and DJ and the Havlicek Celtics of the 70s

The 30 for 30 on them was great. I know Dantley was a former scoring leader but it was trading him for Mark Aguirre that got them over the hump. And great drafting.

40 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

The 30 for 30 on them was great. I know Dantley was a former scoring leader but it was trading him for Mark Aguirre that got them over the hump. And great drafting.

Magic and Byron Scott were both injured and played minimally in the first Piston championship win. David Rivers was promoted to starting point guard to no effect 

as well the Bird Celtics quickly fell apart to injury, played too many needless minutes in 86-88, they wouldn’t sub out

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Magic and Byron Scott were both injured and played minimally in the first Piston championship win. David Rivers was promoted to starting point guard to no effect 

as well the Bird Celtics quickly fell apart to injury, played too many needless minutes in 86-88, they wouldn’t sub out

They had their window in between Jordan and the aging Celtics and Lakers. No small feat to beat younger Jordan in those days twice to win the Eastern Conference. It was a matter of time before he blew the door wide open on the NBA and the Pistons were the last team in his way.

Bird got done in like paving his driveway and injuring his back. A driveway. Half paved. Ended the Celtics dynasty.

He was really banged up by that point regardless. One of my favorite players of yore