2018-2019 NBA Thread

2 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

They had their window in between Jordan and the aging Celtics and Lakers. No small feat to beat younger Jordan in those days twice to win the Eastern Conference. It was a matter of time before he blew the door wide open on the NBA and the Pistons were the last team in his way.

Bird got done in like paving his driveway and injuring his back. A driveway. Half paved. Ended the Celtics dynasty.

He was really banged up by that point regardless. One of my favorite players of yore

Pippen was easily intimidated by Detroit for a few years.

seemed like in warmups Rodman and Mahon and another thug would stand at mid court and glower st Pippen until he said he had a migraine. And then one day that didn’t work any more, even with a cheap shot that got the Bulls to fight back on the spot.

i spent half a year on a file in the town he went to college and saw the display for his time there and learned to admire what humble beginnings he rose from....

On 1/31/2019 at 6:01 PM, H2o said:

I swear to God I absolutely f*****g HATE James Dolan. The biggest f***tard in all of sports. We had a good thing going and then he flips half the team for Carmelo Anthony. Now we are doing exactly what we are supposed to do to land Zion Williamson, this idiot trades away Porzingas, and we get players back that will likely play us out of that position. We are not gonna get Kyrie. We are not gonna get Durant. Dumbest f*****g owner in ALL of professional sports. Stupid, just absolutely f*****g stupid. 

I agree he's a moron and a horrible owner.  These cannot be disputed.  He also might have played this perfectly.  

It's been reported that KP has been quietly shopped all season, so the whole "KP requested a trade out of nowhere" narrative is a bit off.  Teams were interested, but obviously had reservations (rightly) over a 7'3" dude coming off an ACL.  Secondly, offloading a boatload of salary and getting a nice player in Smith Jr. and two 1st rounders is a nice haul given the circumstances.  

No doubt it's a gamble.  But the tank can ramble on, and now there's two max spots available in an uncertain Eastern Conf.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Pippen was easily intimidated by Detroit for a few years.

seemed like in warmups Rodman and Mahon and another thug would stand at mid court and glower st Pippen until he said he had a migraine. And then one day that didn’t work any more, even with a cheap shot that got the Bulls to fight back on the spot.

i spent half a year on a file in the town he went to college and saw the display for his time there and learned to admire what humble beginnings he rose from....

Shoot Rodman would terrify me too haha people forget how good young Pistons version of pre-crazy (at least to the layman) Rodman was

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

where in the rule book do we have:

”when a man is clearly fouled in the act of shooting, the ref can sometimes opt to wait to see the result of the shot. If it goes in then continue with unstopped play, if it doesn’t then whistle the play dead and call it a shooting foul.”

They all vehemently deny they do this, but this week in the NBA i watched one shot roll around the rim three times and when it fell off the whistle blew and the foul was called.  I also saw this on a 3 point shot that took over a second to see the shot not go in.

Still waiting for a clearly fouled shot to get stuck in the rim and they wave off the jump ball and call it two free throws...

Edited by row_33

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Whose the biggest douche in the NBA ? 

1. LeBum 

2. Kyrie 

Solid meltdowns from both this week. 

Kyrie being a baby back B word was so obvious in hindsight.  Who hates being the #2 ISO/big shot option behind the best player in the NBA?  

Imagine Westbrook demanding a TRADE because he wasn't happy with Durant like 5 years ago.  And then going to his new team and finding out, "oh crap, this is kinda hard."

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

1. LeBum 

2. Kyrie 

I hear Russell Westbitch is in stable condition after being assaulted by a fan. I pray he recovers quickly from that thunderous hit he took.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

12 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

1. LeBum 

2. Kyrie 

This week....on The Real Whiney ***** of the NBA......

The entire league is designed to be a soap opera.   I know we joke the NFL has become the WWE because of officiating, but it's the NBA that has gone that route.  All they are missing is Mean Gene Okerlund doing sideline interviews over last night's twitter war between James and whoever.

On 2/27/2019 at 8:48 PM, Teddy KGB said:

1. LeBum 

2. Kyrie 

With Kyrie reaching FA, my bet is on the long shot he rejoins LeBron in LA. It makes perfect sense. They're both miserable leaders complaining about the same things.

Plus it would be a phenomenal story. Especially if they somehow win another title over GSW lol.

2 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

"Not understanding their metaphorical connotations, the goats proceeded to defecate all over the office" #Suns

14 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

With Kyrie reaching FA, my bet is on the long shot he rejoins LeBron in LA. It makes perfect sense. They're both miserable leaders complaining about the same things.

Plus it would be a phenomenal story. Especially if they somehow win another title over GSW lol.

"Not understanding their metaphorical connotations, the goats proceeded to defecate all over the office" #Suns

I literally did laugh out loud when I read that. Sounds like they are trying to one up my Nets past follies

On 2/28/2019 at 9:40 AM, KD in CA said:

This week....on The Real Whiney ***** of the NBA......

The entire league is designed to be a soap opera.   I know we joke the NFL has become the WWE because of officiating, but it's the NBA that has gone that route.  All they are missing is Mean Gene Okerlund doing sideline interviews over last night's twitter war between James and whoever.

Man all sports have their merits. I'm not going to try to convince to you love the NBA but the soap opera is a damned good time for NBA fans. NFL trade deadline is an all out snore, as well as the off-season compared to NBA. It's just different leagues. I'd hate for the player power dynamics to be the same across leagues. The NBA is a blast following from an outside neutral perspective. Whiney babies.. whatever.. all the more whining is constantly shifting the NBA power dynamics. Creates heroes and villains. Don't like Kyrie? Awesome! Root against him! It certainly ain't WWE lol.. it's reality television, no script.

The NBA demographic for teenagers up to people hitting their 30s is huge, and the primary kicker for the NBA's explosive growth. NFL is going for that, but is a much older demographic really.

All sports are awesome because the whole culture makes a unique experience. I don't want everything to be so constricted like the NFL. That's all the off-season nothingness getting excited about keeping a journey man special teams player on a 93 man squad I can handle. All except baseball. Baseball sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------------

What's with these compound fractures?

Are they wearing ski boots out there with no give in the ankle at all?

These shoes are trading in low degree ankle sprains for your fib-tib sticking out of your sock?

• 2 weeks later...

and LeBron's posturing wipes out Magic Johnson's attempts to help out.

I remember the old days when Magic was seen as a very selfish and critically injured young man, ran his head coach out of town after the man was injured in a bicycle accident, before he became all lovey-dovey with the media....

• Like (+1) 1