The Space Force!

54 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Because Marines have barebones M4’s. Because the Navy’s commitments in the Pacific are expensive. Because Mars isn’t amassing an invasion force. 

Now, I’m all about space weapons to use to kill Chinese and Russian scum, but a space force is a farce of an idea. Let’s focus on killing what we need to kill. 

Have you thought about this at all?

Marines and their M4's,  beach invasions,  open battles at sea and a host of other ancestor worship military tactics are obviated by an effective, offensive space platform.

As horrible as it is, our adversaries are moving that way.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, sherpa said:

Have you thought about this at all?

Marines and their M4's,  beach invasions,  open battles at sea and a host of other ancestor worship military tactics are obviated by an effective, offensive space platform.

As horrible as it is, our adversaries are moving that way.

If you’re asking if I’m for technology and secretly weaponizong in space then the answer is yes. If you’re asking me if we need another branch to do that the answer is no. Give those projects to the Air Force. Make the Air Force useful again. 

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Because Marines have barebones M4’s. Because the Navy’s commitments in the Pacific are expensive. Because Mars isn’t amassing an invasion force. 

Now, I’m all about space weapons to use to kill Chinese and Russian scum, but a space force is a farce of an idea. Let’s focus on killing what we need to kill. 

I doubt you are privy to the kind of information that Trump has likely been recently introduced to when he took office.

And I really doubt it was some brainstorm from Trump. Obviously, MiIitary people came up with the idea and convinced Trump it would be a good idea pursue.

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

If you’re asking if I’m for technology and secretly weaponizong in space then the answer is yes. If you’re asking me if we need another branch to do that the answer is no. Give those projects to the Air Force. Make the Air Force useful again. 

The USAF and USN already have their own SSPs. :ph34r:

This will end up being public disclosure of existing assets (imo). 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Again?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

I doubt you are privy to the kind of information that Trump has likely been recently introduced to when he took office.

And I really doubt it was some brainstorm from Trump. Obviously, MiIitary people came up with the idea and convinced Trump it would be a good idea pursue.

Obviously, huh? ?

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Again?

Yes, again. Aside from a very small portion the Air Force has been pretty useless since 2001. And without the Air Force the navy pilots would be able to pick up the slack. 

As a cavalaryman I’ve no love for non combatants. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Obviously, huh? ?

Yes, again. Aside from a very small portion the Air Force has been pretty useless since 2001. And without the Air Force the navy pilots would be able to pick up the slack. 

HOOAH! :beer:

This thread is AWESOME!

7 hours ago, The_Dude said:

What?

I'm not sure you are aware of carrier capabilities or airwing numbers, but there isn't a chance in the world the Navy could "pick up the slack," and even a small attempt would be disastrous.

The Navy provides a very capable strike force, but nowhere near the numbers the Air Force has.

The reality is that we are at the early stages of a a major change in offensive air platforms, from manned to unmanned. 

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

What?

I'm not sure you are aware of carrier capabilities or airwing numbers, but there isn't a chance in the world the Navy could "pick up the slack," and even a small attempt would be disastrous.

The Navy provides a very capable strike force, but nowhere near the numbers the Air Force has.

The reality is that we are at the early stages of a a major change in offensive air platforms, from manned to unmanned. 

Look, all I’m saying is that I got 30 months in Iraq and the Air Force contribution to Iraq and Afghanistan was/is very minor especially when compared to the other branches. 

Look, all I’m saying is that I got 30 months in Iraq and the Air Force contribution to Iraq and Afghanistan was/is very minor especially when compared to the other branches. 

I'm glad that's all you're saying.

The other services don't have anywhere near the capability for pure numbers, command and control, airborne tanking or logistics movement the Air Force does.

I've always been disappointed in their flexibility compared to the other services, and they are far more rule oriented, the the capability is undeniable.

Right. They are really good at droning people, and giving us a lift to and from theater. Other than that, Army and Marines were the major players...

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I'm glad that's all you're saying.

The other services don't have anywhere near the capability for pure numbers, command and control, airborne tanking or logistics movement the Air Force does.

I've always been disappointed in their flexibility compared to the other services, and they are far more rule oriented, the the capability is undeniable.

Ok....but just so we’re clear I’m pretty sure given a squad size element I could bring the Air Force to surrender. 

Maybe a platoon sized element....but I think I could do it with a squad. 

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Air Force can't occupy ground.  They'll never be effective in a counter-insurgency campaign, no matter how hard they try.

And particularly while they focus on high-end, high-performance stealthy jets.