Cal3

It's a nice sentiment, but there is no way the supermajority running CA will let the votes result in anything other than a horrific defeat for this initiative.

The people of CA will get precisely what the elected officials want them to get. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

It's a nice sentiment, but there is no way the supermajority running CA will let the votes result in anything other than a horrific defeat for this initiative.

The people of CA will get precisely what the elected officials want them to get. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

Depends on how you spin it.

If you can convince the liberal elites that they need to create a safe space from the deplorables, they might decide to self-segregate their cities. A good tactic would be to tell them they won't have to "support" the red parts of California with their tax dollars, since they're already convinced they contribute more than their conservative counter-parts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Depends on how you spin it.

If you can convince the liberal elites that they need to create a safe space from the deplorables, they might decide to self-segregate their cities. A good tactic would be to tell them they won't have to "support" the red parts of California with their tax dollars, since they're already convinced they contribute more than their conservative counter-parts.

There's no spinning anything. It will simply never happen because the people running the state will not let it happen. They make too much money and hold too much power. Factor in that it is a bona fide sactuary state.

Not city. Not county. STATE.

You just need to get here and presto, you're a resident, and you get all the free stuff without worry of prosecution of any kind.

These dumbasses keep the elected wealthy in office, the uber-wealthy can build walls and arms their homes from the riff raff, and it's a progressive's paradise.

If this gains traction, similar movements here in NYS would most certainly gain traction.

http://www.newamsterdamny.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_and_secession_in_New_York

The Divide NYS Caucus several years ago hit on the idea of forming autonomous regions within the state that would be led by their own governors and legislators instead of seeking approval from the Legislature and Congress to form a new state.

“It could be a model for other states, too, to go to the regional-districts method,” said Mr. Bergener, the Divide NYS Caucus chairman. “This way you only need an amendment to your state constitution.”

The goal is to improve the economic prospects of upstaters, who complain that the state’s high taxes and onerous regulations have scared away jobs as companies flee to states with more business-friendly climates.

In December 2014, Mr. Cuomo declared a statewide ban on hydraulic fracturing, effectively halting any natural gas development stemming from the rich Marcellus Shale in the state’s southern tier and fueling secession talk, including calls for the region to split off and join Pennsylvania.

“What it amounts to now is more taxes are gained in New York City and that money is sent upstate, but they put so many strings attached to it that it hasn’t been helping,” said Mr. Bergener. “So it’s a ‘Catch-22.’ If we were run more like Pennsylvania or Vermont, we’d be a lot better off.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/30/new-york-secessionists-look-to-constitutional-conv/

21 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

There's no spinning anything. It will simply never happen because the people running the state will not let it happen. They make too much money and hold too much power. Factor in that it is a bona fide sactuary state.

Not city. Not county. STATE.

You just need to get here and presto, you're a resident, and you get all the free stuff without worry of prosecution of any kind.

These dumbasses keep the elected wealthy in office, the uber-wealthy can build walls and arms their homes from the riff raff, and it's a progressive's paradise.

When Trump got elected there was talk out here of seceding and installing Barry as the de facto King. Nice thought if you live outside the state. The worst possible scenario if you live here.  But maybe if it is marketed to the millions of dumb asses out here that way they might bite?

4 hours ago, Dante said:

When Trump got elected there was talk out here of seceding and installing Barry as the de facto King. Nice thought if you live outside the state. The worst possible scenario if you live here.  But maybe if it is marketed to the millions of dumb asses out here that way they might bite?

Link?  I've got to read that story...

21 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Link?  I've got to read that story...

Crap couldn't find a thing on it. It was on the radio when they were talking about it just after Trump got elected. KGO out here probably. It did come up a couple times though. I thought for sure I would find something.

9 minutes ago, Dante said:

Crap couldn't find a thing on it. It was on the radio when they were talking about it just after Trump got elected. KGO out here probably. It did come up a couple times though. I thought for sure I would find something.

Damn Mengle Effect!

12 minutes ago, Dante said:

Understood.  I hear stupid **** on the radio that I can't end up finding a link to, as well.  :beer:

On 6/17/2018 at 12:07 PM, DC Tom said:

Understood.  I hear stupid **** on the radio that I can't end up finding a link to, as well.  :beer:

Yeah, I guess. It was funny but out here it wouldn't have been a joke. 

California fire captain dead after shooting at senior-living apartment complex (Fox)
A Southern California firefighter was killed and a second was wounded after an early Monday shooting at a California senior-living apartment complex, officials said. Firefighters responding to a report of an explosion at Covenant Manor in Long Beach were met with gunfire, fire department Jake Heflin said.

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

California fire captain dead after shooting at senior-living apartment complex (Fox)
A Southern California firefighter was killed and a second was wounded after an early Monday shooting at a California senior-living apartment complex, officials said. Firefighters responding to a report of an explosion at Covenant Manor in Long Beach were met with gunfire, fire department Jake Heflin said.

RIP

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

A bald man in a pork pie hat was seen fleeing the scene...