[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

23 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

"Dude's a witch," huh AD?

I said it back when we won the lottery...I think it was more important to get Dahlin than McDavid because great defensemen happen about 4 times a century.  RD is gonna be on the ice literally half of every important Sabres' game for the next 15+ years.  You can already see the "Nick Lidstrom" in his game and he hasn't even scratched the surface. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

You know what the Sabres call being down one goal heading into the third?

Having them right where they want them.

That's too funny.  I was going to post that exact thing right after the 2nd period.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I said it back when we won the lottery...I think it was more important to get Dahlin than McDavid.  RD is gonna be on the ice literally half of every important Sabres' game for the next 15+ years.  You can already see the "Nick Lidstrom" in his game and he hasn't even scratched the surface. 

Dahlin is a joy to watch. Although he's already good now it seems that he gets better every game. He's already moved up to the he second pairing with Bogo. But the underpinning for this early success is the goal tending by our two goalies. In our wins against Vancouver, Tampa, Winnipeg and Minnesota it's not unreasonable to say that all these teams had the edge in play. Yet we won all these games against upper echelon teams. The difference was our goal tending. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I said it back when we won the lottery...I think it was more important to get Dahlin than McDavid because great defensemen happen about 4 times a century.  RD is gonna be on the ice literally half of every important Sabres' game for the next 15+ years.  You can already see the "Nick Lidstrom" in his game and he hasn't even scratched the surface. 

He's unbelievable. So many tiny things. Hockey sense off the charts. Little passes off the boards to teammates or himself. 90% of passes are right on the tape. Just takes the man out perfectly on D all the time. Shoves guys over. And he's just getting used to the league. It's insane. I didn't think he would be this good this quick and he's not really even scoring or putting up stupid points yet. Not to mention as good an attitude as is possible.

His best game tonight but like you said he's just scratching surface.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Dahlin is a joy to watch. Although he's already good now it seems that he gets better every game. He's already moved up to the he second pairing with Bogo. But the underpinning for this early success is the goal tending by our two goalies. In our wins against Vancouver, Tampa, Winnipeg and Minnesota it's not unreasonable to say that all these teams had the edge in play. Yet we won all these games against upper echelon teams. The difference was our goal tending. 

Dahlin was absolutely a joy to watch tonight. There were about four or five moments in this game where you could see that "generational talent" emerging. 

22 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's unbelievable. So many tiny things. Hockey sense off the charts. Little passes off the boards to teammates or himself. 90% of passes are right on the tape. Just takes the man out perfectly on D all the time. Shoves guys over. And he's just getting used to the league. It's insane. I didn't think he would be this good this quick and he's not really even scoring or putting up stupid points yet. Not to mention as good an attitude as is possible.

Not generational. :rolleyes:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

30 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Hutton has been unreal most of the time.  LU has either been VERY good or inconsistent, which is to be expected.  We’ve yet to lose a game because of goaltending, which is a nice change.

30 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That’s the Lidstrom part...just makes everything look so easy anyone should be able to do it.  He sends 100 foot passes to guys who are flying down the ice like it’s nothing.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I have to keep reminding myself he’s freakin 18. He’s so smooth and under control with the puck it’s unreal. He does so many of the little things that go unnoticed by a lot of people. His feel for the game & hockey sense is unreal. I fully believe he will be a “better” player than Jack. 

On 10/4/2018 at 7:59 PM, plenzmd1 said:

calling it now..Housley does not make it home from the Western swing..new coach after this 4 game home stand

On 10/4/2018 at 8:25 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Eichel is awful tonight..Housley gas has taken a team with speed on paper and making them look slow as molasses.Building dead already. New coach on Saturday

On 10/4/2018 at 8:44 PM, plenzmd1 said:

i am never a fire the coach the guy..Housley needs to be fired tonight. His team just does not respond to him. You cannot go 0-4 with a 5 game western swing ...season over again before Halloween 

On 10/4/2018 at 9:04 PM, plenzmd1 said:

i could not disagree more. They need a new coach who says.."fug my system..go play" 

Just bet my nephew $100 in beer ( so really $50) Housley not coaching by the time team come home from west coast swing.

It will be too late to salvage the season, but at least won't be him coaching.

Now, these are the rants of a very smart, astute hockey fan! 

Man, could opening night really only be 6 weeks ago?

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From the Locker Room: Sabres-Wild

USATSI_11689152.jpg?itok=OTxLjptz&c=323b

In the words of head coach Phil Housley, once again the Sabres "bent but didn't break," on their way to a 3-2 win in Minnesota over the Wild on Saturday night. After falling down 2-0 early in the first period, the Sabres battled back for the second night in a row to earn two points, and get their fifth straight win.

Jake McCabe was able to cut the Wild lead in half before the end of the first period with a goal that stemmed from a nifty pass by Rasmus Dahlin. The rookie defenseman had arguably his best game yet as a Sabre, showing off his skating and playmaking ability throughout the entire night.

Dahlin got his second point of the evening in the third period when he burried his second goal of the season to tie the game at 2-2. Dahlin crashed the net and put home a rebound past Devan Dubnyk after the Sabres took a few good whacks at the puck in front of the goal.

The Sabres go-ahead score came with a minute and a half left in the game. Jason Pominville potted the winning tally after he rejoined Jack Eichel and Jeff Skinner on a line in the third period. The group saw a ton off success earlier in the season and were able to strike again at a key time for Buffalo.

Linus Ullmark stood tall in goal and played a spectacular game after a shaky first ten minutes in which he gave up two goals.Ullmark finished the evening with 37 saves on 39 shots faced.

With the win the Sabres are now in a three-way tie with Minnesota and Columbus for the fourth-most points in the NHL (26) and are on a five-game winning streak, their longest since March 2012.

Let's go inside the locker room to hear from Pominville, McCabe, Dahlin and Phil Housley after the come-from-behind win in Minnesota over the Wild.

Hopefully you guys can keep it up.

You deserve to have a good team the way you support your Sabres.

If the Devils can’t win the Cup, I’ll root for you guys to do it.

I’ll bet you guys are having fun with this team so far.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1