Road Trip Logistics

For Green Bay my sister is getting some from friends with seasons who live nearby, but I usually go Stub  Hub. I’m happy to be saving that markup plus all the fees for once, but since I don’t do it that often, I’ll usually just suck it up and pay. 

Edited by Augie

We got our GB tickets through NFL TicketExchange.  Not cheap (but are there cheap tickets for Green Bay?), but going through Ticketmaster you KNOW they're legit and you get them digitally delivered right away...

I think, and I am not 100% sure..but all NFL teams have gone mobile - only entry..no printed PDF tickets. They do this for one reason, and one reason only: to drive secondary through Ticket Exchange 

Through the NFL Ticket Exchange tickets can be instantly downloaded when purchased. NFL makes cash on every ticket sold on ticketexchange, as well as set minimum prices. A lot of people only like the idea of instant download tickets, they do not want to wait.

Tickets on StubHub will not be available for instant download. Ticket seller will need to send email with tickets to ticket buyer. Stubhub will guarantee a 24 hour window for that. Lots of folks will not like that idea. Drive more business to ticketexchange..and Stubhub I think has a minimum of $6( at least for Sabres games)..NFL wants no part of seeing their tickets sell fro $6.

Bottom line, either service is fine, just be aware that Stubhub could be a 24 hr window to get tickets.

37 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think, and I am not 100% sure..but all NFL teams have gone mobile - only entry..no printed PDF tickets. They do this for one reason, and one reason only: to drive secondary through Ticket Exchange 

Through the NFL Ticket Exchange tickets can be instantly downloaded when purchased. NFL makes cash on every ticket sold on ticketexchange, as well as set minimum prices. A lot of people only like the idea of instant download tickets, they do not want to wait.

Tickets on StubHub will not be available for instant download. Ticket seller will need to send email with tickets to ticket buyer. Stubhub will guarantee a 24 hour window for that. Lots of folks will not like that idea. Drive more business to ticketexchange..and Stubhub I think has a minimum of $6( at least for Sabres games)..NFL wants no part of seeing their tickets sell fro $6.

Bottom line, either service is fine, just be aware that Stubhub could be a 24 hr window to get tickets.

I thought I had printed tix for the Bengals, but Atlanta was ALL mobile. Ticked me off because I had trouble as something in my Location settings wasn’t right to allow access to tix. It was about the fourth guy I spoke to who could walk me thru getting it right. It was a big hassle and gave me a last minute scare.

I’ve never been called an IT expert. I like paper in my hand, but I know that has risks too. My wife’s bank shelled out for tix to the FSU/Bama game in ATL a couple years ago for clients, and they were bogus. Ended up getting “reserve” nose bleeds instead of the primo seats they paid for. OUCH! 

I do not have a device which can receive electronic tickets so will not being attending any games where electronic tickets are required.

A friend of mine had electronic tickets directly to his phone and still got turned away.  He finally got in but had to go to customer service and missed start of game.

I usually buy from Stubhub because prices are most of the times cheaper than Ticketmaster but for Green Bay I used Ticket Exchange. Got row 32, corner end zone for $242 all fees included (Was $200 before fees, I know $42 of fees is ridiculous....).

13 hours ago, Augie said:

I thought I had printed tix for the Bengals, but Atlanta was ALL mobile. Ticked me off because I had trouble as something in my Location settings wasn’t right to allow access to tix. It was about the fourth guy I spoke to who could walk me thru getting it right. It was a big hassle and gave me a last minute scare.

I’ve never been called an IT expert. I like paper in my hand, but I know that has risks too. My wife’s bank shelled out for tix to the FSU/Bama game in ATL a couple years ago for clients, and they were bogus. Ended up getting “reserve” nose bleeds instead of the primo seats they paid for. OUCH! 

yes, up until this year I think most teams still had the option of printing PDF tickets..the Bills did as well. So as a ticket owner, I could send the PDF to Stubhub and make tickets available for instant download. Teams went all mobile only for this upcoming season

Now I can not send the PDF,but I can still list them on StubHub , just the  buyer will not get the tickets until I get the notification and actually send the email from my Account Manager account. Caps and Wizards and have been this way for a couple of years..again no issue with getting the tickets.. I have bought and sold a few times in this manner on StubHub.

I do think though it would preclude day of game sales..but I may not be correct on that.

@Limeaid You don't own now or have any plans to have a smartphone? Not sure how old you are, but I think that is akin to saying I will not ever own/have a computer in my home in 1995. Everything is going digital, in all facets of life..paper will go the way of the dodo bird in the next 10 years. 

Having said that, I am 100% confident someone you would attend the game with has a smartphone, and with proper ID and documentation every team would print your ticket out day of game.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

In Atlanta, if you recall, we had to download the Falcons app to get the tickets. They do that so they can sell advertising on there by saying “____ # of people have the app.”

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

In Atlanta, if you recall, we had to download the Falcons app to get the tickets. They do that so they can sell advertising on there by saying “____ # of people have the app.”

same in Jacksonville..same for Monumental Sports(caps -wiz) same as it will be for Bills tickets this year!

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

@Limeaid You don't own now or have any plans to have a smartphone? Not sure how old you are, but I think that is akin to saying I will not ever own/have a computer in my home in 1995. Everything is going digital, in all facets of life..paper will go the way of the dodo bird in the next 10 years. 

No I am not going to get one.  And I am old enough to use computer in 70s. My vision has always been poor and getting poorer.  I have been lent one when on travel and cannot see it well enough even with reading glasses to be able to do it anything other than what I can do with a non-smart cell phone.  The good news is from have noticed is that smartphones strain eyes so in future smartphone makers will need to adjust designs to accommodate or lose customers.

Oh and my HR department had similar attitude as you.  I pointed out that several benefits were only available via smart phones and those with low vision cannot use them hence discriminatory.  HR department said 8 months ago they would get back to me with alternate but of course they haven't.  Only way appears to get action on it is to file lawsuit against company and then since I am in a "right to work state" they will just let me go.  I was told they did same thing to another employee with medical condition.

Timekeeping tried same thing but they know rules. When I told them I did not have a smartphone to get pin to enter timesheet when they changed systems they just let me keep my old RSA token even though they need to pay annual fee to use it.  It was another instance of company trying to offload costs to employees.

Edited by Limeaid

54 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, not only did I have to download the app, but there was something in my locations settings (which did not allow them to track me, as I recall) which had to be re-set. The app (and Tix) were not available until I changed that. Unfortunately, most of the support staff didn’t know what the problem was and it took several attempts to get it right. I went back in and changed it after the game. 

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I didn’t remember adding the Jags app? Maybe I did and then just deleted that garbage immediately.

I don’t mind having the app so much as allowing them to track me. What the heck was THAT about? I have nothing to hide, but that’s a little too much for me. 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

No I am not going to get one.  And I am old enough to use computer in 70s. My vision has always been poor and getting poorer.  I have been lent one when on travel and cannot see it well enough even with reading glasses to be able to do it anything other than what I can do with a non-smart cell phone.  The good news is from have noticed is that smartphones strain eyes so in future smartphone makers will need to adjust designs to accommodate or lose customers.

Oh and my HR department had similar attitude as you.  I pointed out that several benefits were only available via smart phones and those with low vision cannot use them hence discriminatory.  HR department said 8 months ago they would get back to me with alternate but of course they haven't.  Only way appears to get action on it is to file lawsuit against company and then since I am in a "right to work state" they will just let me go.  I was told they did same thing to another employee with medical condition.

Timekeeping tried same thing but they know rules. When I told them I did not have a smartphone to get pin to enter timesheet when they changed systems they just let me keep my old RSA token even though they need to pay annual fee to use it.  It was another instance of company trying to offload costs to employees.

i hope you have looked at various options for the visually impaired/blind and smartphone use. As you are using your PC to access this site and mention "even with reading glasses", i am assuming you have not lost all of your vision. And BTW, it is not an "attitude" I or your HR department have, it is just the way the world is going. It will make your life so much easier if you find a solution...quick perusal found this. 

http://www.afb.org/info/living-with-vision-loss/using-technology/cell-phones-tablets-and-other-mobile-technology-for-users-with-visual-impairments/touchscreen-smartphone-accessibility-for-people-with-visual-impairments-and-blindness/1235

And I am 100% certain, and I do mean 100%..if you found a solution that cost $2000, take that to your HR office and say in order to correctly input  time and enroll in benefits, I NEED this program and I NEED you to buy the phone and enabling software...they will do it in an instant! Now, they will own the phone, and technically when you leave they could ask for it back...but they wont.