Mahomes turned down Endorsements as a rookie

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Fucillo should ride a barrel over the falls.  It would be 'HUGE'.

....I'll push......problem is they'd film it, he'd survive and that would be the backdrop for the next 5 years of his obnoxious commercials....

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, BigDingus said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/patrick-mahomes-declined-endorsement-money-deference-alex-smith-last-season-010612684.html

"Mahomes and his agent Leigh Steinberg talked to ESPN about how he declined local endorsements last year in deference to veteran starter Alex Smith. Steinberg said that Mahomes got some of the offers that come with being a first-round rookie, but chose to focus instead on finding his place in the locker room before having his face plastered on Kansas City billboards while Smith was still the starter."

Anyone living in WNY know how the local endorsement scene is going with Josh Allen? Not that we have an incumbent starter like Smith on this roster, but just curious if his face is all over billboards and commercials already.

Think it shows a lot of character to turn down money and exposure, just so you can integrate into the team better. 

That's tremendous leadership.

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If we get White and Allen instead of Mahomes is that a bad trade off?

Tre is great. But if Tre turns into Regis and Allen turns into Kyler Boller, and Mahomes turns into Favre we lost that trade. 

5 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Thank you. Some people want a link, even for a personal opinion for some reason. 

All you usually have to do is add something like - IMO (in my opinion) - and that won't happen (nearly as much, anyway). 

I don't know what posts you are referring to. But I think it's all in the way you say things. Like, for example, when you say things like "Mahomes is the better prospect", it looks like a definitive statement and people will be likely to question things like that. 

If you add that "IMO" it changes the whole statement. Then people clearly know it's only your opinion. 

Anyway... lol.