Roseanne Canceled

What floats around inside Barr's head?  

It certainly isn't a brain.

She might have cost her fellow co-workers further employment with her insanity.

She knew EXACTLY what she was doing with her dumb tweet, so her apology rings as the most hollow apology ever. Even more so than that idiot Kathy Griffin.

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Now, to MSNBC's Joy Reid for comment on why this is a victory for the progressive cause:

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/roseanne-canceled-abc-1202824211/

Joy Reid is every bit as vile as Barr is. They just come from two totally different perspectives.

Simple translation...... Reid hates whites and Barr hate everyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Yeah, no one is going to pick up the show. Frankly, I'm surprised it took her this long to screw this up.  Does no one remember her bit dressed like Hitler taking the cookies out of the oven? We're supposed to be surprised by this?

roseanne-hitler.jpg?resize=600,161

Reminds me of another Disney character. But he got to keep his gig.

donaldnazi.jpg

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Shes an alex jones type plant working for the dems. She acts more like a hollywood 

idiot leftie , folks on the right don't behave like she does, they have more dignity.

Who cares anyways, what morons still watch tv...more commericals with biased

lefty agendas anyways. pull the cord. and rosanne, go to hell, you suck.

ABC Entertainment has axed the “Roseanne” reboot over Roseanne Barr’s “abhorrent, repugnant” tweet. And that’s certainly their prerogative, though one wonders why they’d give a platform to a woman who baked Jew cookies dressed as Hitler in the first place.

Why did ABC decide to cancel "Roseanne?" Per a Disney source: "It's a question of right and wrong. And it's a question of our company's values." I'm on set with @BrookeBCNN on @CNN now...

But if ABC is going to cite “abhorrent, repugnant” tweets as the basis for canceling a show or terminating talent’s employment, why did Keith Olbermann just get an expanded role at ESPN? Both ESPN and ABC fall under Disney’s umbrella, but Olbermann gets a plum job and Roseanne loses hers?Suffice to say, I cannot even post Olberman's tweets without breaking the rules, but the are at the link.

Nice double-standard.

Edited by B-Man

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

ABC Entertainment has axed the “Roseanne” reboot over Roseanne Barr’s “abhorrent, repugnant” tweet. And that’s certainly their prerogative, though one wonders why they’d give a platform to a woman who baked Jew cookies dressed as Hitler in the first place.

But if ABC is going to cite “abhorrent, repugnant” tweets as the basis for canceling a show or terminating talent’s employment, why did Keith Olbermann just get an expanded role at ESPN? Both ESPN and ABC fall under Disney’s umbrella, but Olbermann gets a plum job and Roseanne loses hers?Suffice to say, I cannot even post Olberman's tweets without breaking the rules, but the are at the link.

Nice double-standard.

The rush to find hypocrisy should follow many steps behind condemning awful behavior. 

When we suit up in party uniforms and ignore boorish behavior, don't you think everyone loses? Can you consider and judge each instance of clownish behavior as it comes?

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The rush to find hypocrisy should follow many steps behind condemning awful behavior. 

When we suit up in party uniforms and ignore boorish behavior, don't you think everyone loses? Can you consider and judge each instance of clownish behavior as it comes?

A fair sentiment.

However, this event is NOT happening in a vacuum.  Rosanne has made horrible statements and had "bad" behavior for DECADES...........

I condemn it every time I hear it,

but if you hadn't noticed, the response to this story ha been even bigger than than the firing itself.

ABC couldn't wait to congratulate themselves (even though Rosanne is NO different now than when they hired her)

It doesn’t get much more SHAMELESS than ABC News’ take on Roseanne getting canned

The Olbermann story is only one week old, so you will just have to excuse me if I happen to skip the "Designated Condemnation Period " and go right to pointing out the ever-present liberal hypocrisy.

19 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Not everybody.  The victim classes win.

Clearly One can tell through his tweets, Olbermann has a way with words. He s mastery of the English language centers around three words. Two of which are “go” and “yourself.”

10 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

She compared a black woman to an ape.  That's not a political view.

There is no political content to what Barr said. It’s simply an insult about Jarrett’s appearance, stated in highly repugnant terms. Thus, ABC’s decision isn’t a case of political correctness, in my opinion. It’s an attempt to uphold minimum standards of decency.

My question, though, is whether ABC would have cancelled the show of a leftist who made this sort of vile comment about, say, President Trump, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, or Kellyanne Conway. I don’t believe it would have. Rather, it probably would have accepted an apology (which Barr provided) and slapped the offending celebrity on the wrist.

Meanwhile, those on the left who demanded that Barr be sacked would not have complained about a much less severe punishment for an anti-Trumper.

/http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/05/abc-cancels-roseanne.php

Edited by B-Man

31 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

She compared a black woman to an ape.  That's not a political view.

No, this is someone in Obama-land still pulling strings. MUCH worse has been said about  President Trump, and those "comedians" still have jobs.

Shame they cancelled the show.  It was actually entertaining.  Would've preferred seeing the show try a 2-1/2 Men solution to the problem of having a toxic star as the main character.

Extremely moronic thing for Barr to say.  Expecting that's the end of her run on mainstream venues.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No, this is someone in Obama-land still pulling strings. MUCH worse has been said about  President Trump, and those "comedians" still have jobs.

I really think the statement speaks for itself as abhorrent and is not a political statement.  

What's much worse that's been said about President Trump?  Do you have examples?

Just now, Andrew in CA said:

I really think the statement speaks for itself as abhorrent and is not a political statement.  

What's much worse that's been said about President Trump?  Do you have examples?

3 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

Oh and as a bonus... Muslim is not a race, and Valerie Jarett is not black (she is Iranian which is caucasian).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

OK, but that doesn't really answer my question.  Which "comedians" posted these images?  And they still have jobs?  And how is this "MUCH worse" -- it's nearly the exact same thing.