In a few weeks, Buffalo will no longer be the worst team in sports

4 hours ago, Southtown Tommy said:

NBA playoffs were fun to watch at one time. Now, its all about 3 pointers and one-on-one drives to the basket.  What happened to pick and rolls, post up's in the paint, and guys moving without the ball?  It's a terrible product.

Long time Warriors fan here (since 1980).  The Warriors usually play a fun to watch style (lead league in assists) so I didn't understand why Steve Kerr copied the Rockets style of play in this series.  There were a couple of games that were totally horrible to watch with Harden or Paul for the Rockets dribbling, running down the shot clock before making a move and the Warriors doing the same with Durant.  I give credit to the Rockets defense because they were physical with Curry and Klay Thompson and didn't give them many open shots but relying on Durant's one-on-one skills was boring to watch. He then became a ball hog and wasn't even looking to pass the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Fine I’ll spare the As. 

But you wouldn’t be a fan of their team if you went into their office. They have like their ALCS trophy next to their water cooler. Place is a mess that doesn’t pay their players. 

But 100% !@#$ the warriors and everyone else. 

You don't have to spare them. I've been an A's fan since the mid-70's. What? Am I going to all of a sudden become a bandwagon Yankee or Giants fan...like everyone else? Nope. Eventually they'll get their new ballpark and have a place to put all their trophies. 

17 hours ago, mileena said:

Being from the Bay Area, I am in ecstacy that the Golden State Warriors just reached their fourth consecutive NBA league championship, as did the Cleveland Cavaliers yesterday. This got me thinking: who was the last team to reach four straight finals in the four major sports? Oh, that's right: the Buffalo Bills. Which led me to think of their four straight Super Bowl losses and how everyone makes fun of that.

Well, in about two to three weeks, the Cleveland Cavaliers willl lose yet again to the Warriors in the NBA Finals. They also lost last year in 2017, and in 2015. They should have lost in 2016 too when they were down 3-1. So, basically, the Cavs should be 0-4 in the last four finals, and 0-5 overall. So, 0-5 is worse than 0-4 for the Bills (who really should be 1-3 since they should have beaten the Giants in SB XXV), so the Cleveland Cavaliers will be the new worst team in the four major sports.

LOL. Cleveland sucks; Buffalo rocks.

I agree , Cleveland sucks. But so does your reasoning. The Cavs won, so end of story. You can always hope the Vikings make the Super Bowl and lose.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, mileena said:

Being from the Bay Area, I am in ecstacy that the Golden State Warriors just reached their fourth consecutive NBA league championship, as did the Cleveland Cavaliers yesterday. This got me thinking: who was the last team to reach four straight finals in the four major sports? Oh, that's right: the Buffalo Bills. Which led me to think of their four straight Super Bowl losses and how everyone makes fun of that.

Well, in about two to three weeks, the Cleveland Cavaliers willl lose yet again to the Warriors in the NBA Finals. They also lost last year in 2017, and in 2015. They should have lost in 2016 too when they were down 3-1. So, basically, the Cavs should be 0-4 in the last four finals, and 0-5 overall. So, 0-5 is worse than 0-4 for the Bills (who really should be 1-3 since they should have beaten the Giants in SB XXV), so the Cleveland Cavaliers will be the new worst team in the four major sports.

So if in our imagination the Bills won a Super Bowl, while simultaneously we pretend the Cavs lost an extra NBA Finals, we can pretend the Cavs are the worst team in the 4 major sports? 

Yay! Make believe is fun!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mileena said:

Since I have moved to the Bay Area in 2009, our teams have won five world championsips (three by the SF Giants and two by the Warriors) and are about to win two more: Warriors this year and Golden Knights in the NHL (Las Vegas is an adopted hometown for our area due to the fact the Oakland Raiders are moving there soon). I have never enjoyed success like this in my entire life, so you can't blame me for embracing it.

mileena,

There is no way you can tie the Golden Knights to the Bay Area, especially since we have the Sharks.  Who adopted Vegas?  That's the first time I've heard anyone say that.  When the Raiders move to Vegas and win a Super Bowl, that will also be a stretch to call it a Bay Area Championship.

19 hours ago, mileena said:

Cleveland Cavaliers will be the new worst team in the four major sports.

Yes it is so much better to NEVER reach the finals so not to be called "worst team in sports" than get there four times and lose.

Early CTE symptoms there but guess Cognitive measurement was never high at the start.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Commonsense said:

It’s a totally different era of hoops, the east is a joke. You mention Love’s absence but not Kyrie and Hayward. A bad Pacers team in 7 games, the sweep of a soft Raptors team, then a win over the short handed Celtics. The best player on an opposing team may have been Victor Oladipo, I’m not sure this is some great feat. 

FWIW the Cavs were better without Love in plus/minus before his injury. Love is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. 

Just playing devil's advocate. Jordan played in a watered down new expansion league.

5 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Dude, by saying you have a "main team", that is different than the team that you're "ecstatic" about, pretty much means you're a GS bandwagoner. Nothing wrong with that, but you can't deny it.

"Greatness" in sports is generally defined by championships. They didn't win the championship that year, so to say that they were the greatest team of all time IMO is wrong. Maybe the best team of all time, but that's not the same as "greatest". The 2007 *Pats were arguably the best team of all time, but they weren't the greatest, because they lost the title game. Same kind of thing applies to the *Pats win over the Falcons. It is referred to as the greatest comeback, because a title was involved. But the Bills own the biggest comeback.

Holy crap!

How was being a Sharks fan for 3 years???

Haha, good post. I am a Sabres fan, but can you blame me for liking both the Sharks and Golden Knights? And the Golden Knights unprecedented success bodes well for the Bills. If Las Vegas can win the Cup, the Bills can win the SB this year. I don't understand why people here are so negative.

3 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

mileena,

There is no way you can tie the Golden Knights to the Bay Area, especially since we have the Sharks.  Who adopted Vegas?  That's the first time I've heard anyone say that.  When the Raiders move to Vegas and win a Super Bowl, that will also be a stretch to call it a Bay Area Championship.

Let me ask this: when the Raiders move to Las Vegas, if you are a fan, will you still support them? The answer is yes. So, because of that, any support of other Las Vegas teams is fine. There is room to support both the Sharks and Golden Knights in our area. We can support both the Giants and A's, right? Or both the Raiders and 49ers? So why not both the Sharks and Golden Knights? You can bet plenty of Raiders fans will be making the trip to Vegas for home games, just like they did when they were in LA.

Edited by mileena

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:11 AM, Mark80 said:

So basically, this is akin to you starting to like the 76ers this year.  A time when it is absolutely clear that they are a young team on the rise with trophies in their future.  Congrats, you are total bandwagoner.  And this thread is absurd.

Read this:  https://deadspin.com/the-philadelphia-76ers-should-blow-up-the-team-and-not-1825082317

18 hours ago, mileena said:

Haha, good post. I am a Sabres fan, but can you blame me for liking both the Sharks and Golden Knights? And the Golden Knights unprecedented success bodes well for the Bills. If Las Vegas can win the Cup, the Bills can win the SB this year. I don't understand why people here are so negative.

Let me ask this: when the Raiders move to Las Vegas, if you are a fan, will you still support them? The answer is yes. So, because of that, any support of other Las Vegas teams is fine. There is room to support both the Sharks and Golden Knights in our area. We can support both the Giants and A's, right? Or both the Raiders and 49ers? So why not both the Sharks and Golden Knights? You can bet plenty of Raiders fans will be making the trip to Vegas for home games, just like they did when they were in LA.

It depends on an individual's point of view. If you want to root for Vegas because they're a great story this year or whatever, that's up to you.  What I took exception to in your original post was your statement calling them "our adopted team".   I'm watching the Stanley Cup Finals for the 1st time in many years that doesn't involve the Sabres or Sharks.  It's because of the possibility of a first year expansion team winning the Cup and I'd also like to see Ovechkin win one.  For me it has nothing to do with the Raiders moving to Vegas.

Yes, many Raiders fans will go to Vegas for games, just as they did after they moved to LA for a stretch. 

There are are many Bay Area sports fans that only root for teams on one side of the Bay.  Some people who live in the East Bay root for only the Raiders and A's and despise the Giants and Niners.  Others root only for the Giants and Niners. Others root for all of the teams.  It's the same thing in other metropolitan areas with multiple teams like New York, Chicago and LA.

So, root for whoever you want.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:38 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

Probably didn’t start liking the Warriors until 2014.

I have relatives in the Bay area who wouldn't have recognized a basketball if it hit them in the face before 2014.  Now all talk about is "The Dubs" 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, rodneykm said:

Quite a bit actually. He's looked a lot more tired than he's ever looked. No one can go forever and I truly think LeBrons time is coming to a close. 1 more elite year and then a couple of "just good" ones then retirement.  

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, rodneykm said:

If the Warriors, as loaded as they are, do not sweep the Cavs this year I'll be stunned. LeBron was able to get the Cavs to the finals once again, but I think he's starting to slow down. He'll end up signing with an established team next year ( Houston ) so he doesn't have to carry the full load anymore. He's going to be 35 pretty soon.....Kobe dropped off a cliff at 36. 

Yes.  Lebron only scored 51 against the Warriors.   Time for him to consider retirement ;-)