Netflix Alert: Evil Genius - PA Bank Robbery / Neck Bomb

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Watched the first two parts. What a wacky group of characters. Then again, they’re in PA so that makes sense. 

Hey wait, that's my hometown!  ?

The Rothstein guy was a substitute teacher.  I remember him and he kinda gave me the creeps

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The Rothstein guy was a substitute teacher.  I remember him and he kinda gave me the creeps

For good reason...he’s a whack job. And the lady is looney tunes. 

On 5/13/2018 at 5:50 PM, /dev/null said:

Explains a lot about you.  Must be something in the water :P

fascinating case. Wondering if any related chatter made its way to WNY. I found the investigative work terrible by all levels of law enforcement. There was never any closure on what was in that Astro van belonging to Rothstein.

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to a podcast episode on this....Stuff You Should Know....great podcast, and a good episode laying out the events.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:52 AM, BringBackFergy said:

You guys remember this case? 

https://nypost.com/2018/05/09/this-shocking-true-crime-story-inspired-a-netflix-docuseries/.   Looking forward to watching the backstory on this bizarre event. Don’t tell me what happens. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just finished watching this. What a crazy story. I do not remember this happening. I was 22 at the time, so I doubt I was paying any attention to national news stories. The documentary made Marjorie Diehl out to be mentally ill, which indeed she was. However they never mentioned her being a sociopath, which Imo is exactly what she was. If you haven't watched this yet, go watch it