Who was better when they arrived in Buffalo

Who was better when they arrived?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who was better when they arrived?

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

There is a bit of difference in salary though...

From memory TT wasn’t on much more than 1 Mil a year ..

Not to mention TT signed cheap and when he was “due” he was “asked” to take $10 mil less. 

Fun fact.  

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Took less money for the opportunity to start in Buffalo and he made it pay off for him. 

Was the payoff getting traded to Cleveland? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Took less money for the opportunity to start in Buffalo and he made it pay off for him. 

He took $1m a year versus $5m a year that AJ is getting...

I think money is the only way we can truly value a players demand...

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

He took $1m a year versus $5m a year that AJ is getting...

I think money is the only way we can truly value a players demand...

Not really, the money has changed quite a bit since 2014. 

Again, he bet on himself by taking less money to compete for a starting job. 

What other offer?

Do you have the details?

Im assuming he didn't turn down a $5M a year offer elsewhere to take the Bills $1m a year offer for 3 years...

What other offer?

Do you have the details?

Im assuming he didn't turn down a $5M a year offer elsewhere to take the Bills $1m a year offer for 3 years...

The Ravens wanted to retain him and Denver wanted to sign him as a UFA.  

Prob for a couple $100K a year more I guess...

There's no way to know. AJM was a UFA with starting jobs available this offseason and no other team wanted him even with guys like Bradford getting significantly overpaid to the tune of $20M. 

There's no way to know. AJM was a UFA with starting jobs available this offseason and no other team wanted him even with guys like Bradford getting significantly overpaid to the tune of $20M. 

Maybe so... but a lot of media pundits are still saying that AJ was acquired on the cheap even at $10M for two years...

Edited by Aussie Joe

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Those QB's were proven starters. There were a lot of proven starters available. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How many positions were still available when McCarron became a FA? 

As for Bradford.  Lol.  Still a roll of the dice and not a guarantee 

Why are you ignoring my rational questions and counterpoints?? 

Is it because you don’t have an answer? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The market was soft for him in any case. 

Maybe.. but dont tell me that the market was hot for TT's first deal then when he signed 3 years $3Mil...

Edited by Aussie Joe

Maybe.. but dont tell that the market was hot for TT's first deal then when he signed 3 years $3Mil...

He signed for less by his own choice and the QB market is different now.   Fast forwarding to this year, the Browns could have signed AJM and kept their 3rd round pick. They instead traded for Tyrod and his contract.   Speaks volumes. 

I just looked it up. Taylor’s best year before come to Buffalo was 2012. He didn’t start a game but appeared in 7. Taylor went 17-29 for 179 yards and had 0 touchdowns and 1 interception. 

I willl take what McCarron is bringing over that everyday. 

There where ‘rumors’ that Denver wanted Taylor. And I am sure Baltimore would’ve liked to have him back on a vet min. Contract. 

He signed for less by his own choice and the QB market is different now.   Fast forwarding to this year, the Browns could have signed AJM and kept their 3rd round pick. They instead traded for Tyrod and his contract.   Speaks volumes. 

Im engaging in a topic thread title - "who was better when they arrived in Buffalo"

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Question is simple. Who do you think was the better QB when they arrived in Buffalo.

TT or McCarron

Ooooh.  When they walked in the door.  Well, TT didn't have much game experience and what he had was a mixed bag.

I would have to give that to McCarron.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

True that, but I think the OP is asking us to rev up the 'ol time machine and think about how we saw it when Taylor walked in the door at TBD, having never started a game.

He'd thrown like 35 passes in the NFL at that point and completed about half of them.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:
4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Im engaging in a topic thread title - "

Good luck.  

You’ll be here for hours trying to “convince” 26 of anything realistic.  

Taking less money just might mean even he knew he might not be able to compete in Denver whereas Rex might have wink wink guaranteed him  the starting job. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ooooh.  When they walked in the door.  Well, TT didn't have much game experience and what he had was a mixed bag.

True that, but I think the OP is asking us to rev up the 'ol time machine and think about how we saw it when Taylor walked in the door at TBD, having never started a game.

He'd thrown like 35 passes in the NFL at that point and completed about half of them.

One guy was a relative unknown and the other guy is AJ MehCarron.  

When you can’t argue the point you use an alternate point as rationale 

One guy was a relative unknown and the other guy is AJ MehCarron.  

MehCarron

I knew you did not have me on ignore.  

You just refuse to have a discussion.  

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You are correct bud. I was more asking as you stated, how you felt about TT when we signed him compared to when we signed AJ

Bengals WR AJ Green tells Bills fans AJ McCarron will 'give you everything he's got'

During a recent interview with ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Green was asked what Buffalo would be getting in McCarron.

Green gave a strong review.

“Oh for A.J. (McCarron), I know A.J. very well. You’re going to get a guy who’s going to compete his butt off,” Green said. “That’s one thing, that’s a guy I’ve been around for a while, he competes at everything he does, a guy that’s a natural leader, he’s going to give you everything he’s got when he out’s out there.”

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

While AJ had “more” real game experience I will give him the same respect I gave Tyrod when he first came to Buffalo.   I won’t automatically call him a failure (like some people are) 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bengals WR AJ Green tells Bills fans AJ McCarron will 'give you everything he's got'

During a recent interview with ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Green was asked what Buffalo would be getting in McCarron.

Green gave a strong review.

“Oh for A.J. (McCarron), I know A.J. very well. You’re going to get a guy who’s going to compete his butt off,” Green said. “That’s one thing, that’s a guy I’ve been around for a while, he competes at everything he does, a guy that’s a natural leader, he’s going to give you everything he’s got when he out’s out there.”

Ok those are Greens words.  

Have they made you change you mind and fully support AJ w/o disparaging him?

46 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He “stole” the show because he was Rex’s guy and was competing against Meh Cassel.   

Not saying you are wrong.  But he really wasn't expected to come in and be the starter.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I go for demonstrated performance over potential.  Contrary to what we Bills fans believe sometimes, no track record doesn't automagically make a guy better than mediocre.

That cuts both ways depending on the circumstances with every situation being different. 

That's where pro personnel evaluation comes in with Jordan Poyer being an example. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Taylor has never played with a receiving corps with the likes of AJ Green, Marvin Jones, and Mohamed Sanu and he still looked better than AJM.  Taylor is the better player. 

Than why did Buffalo trade him and sign McCarron?

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Than why did Buffalo trade him and sign McCarron?

Taylor had plateaued in Buffalo and it was time to move on.  McCarron is merely a bridge to Allen and maybe his eventual backup.  The two moves are unrelated. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Not saying you are wrong.  But he really wasn't expected to come in and be the starter.

Based on the “reports” TT came to Buffalo because he had the better chance/ opportunity to become the starter immediately and that he wouldn’t have  the same chance in Denver. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Taylor had plateaued in Buffalo and it was time to move on.  McCarron is merely a bridge to Allen and maybe his eventual backup.  The two moves are unrelated. 

Hahahahahaha.  He plateaued.  

Excellent joke 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Question is simple. Who do you think was the better QB when they arrived in Buffalo.

TT or McCarron

that is a good question,,,,    tells you how bad e j was and whats his fuk from  n e     cassel   tt could run once in a while but man was he a crappy qb,  just bad   at least Mc Carron has some competition