Dumbest Power Ranking Write-Up of all Time

Just now, OCinBuffalo said:

No. I was presented this...on my phone. So, I clicked on it. Which, ostensibly was the both the NFL's, and writer's intent: to send me a message, entailing their best work. :lol: So, having settled the question: it was presented, I did not seek it out, the next question is? Should I prevent the NFL website from sending me any more utter nonsense from unmitigated morons?

Right now? It's 6/5 and pick em. 

Hey, you know, with your backpedal ability, you should seriously consider trying to secure a combine bid. Senior Day? UDFA camp workout? I mean, the whole NFL is looking for your backpedal ability, the only question is: can you plant your foot and come back to the "ball", or, are you "too stiff in the hips"? 

Buddy, I do things on a daily basis that influence more people that you can possibly imagine...and...I've been doing it at the NFL level since I was 23. There is no such thing as retirement from my profession. 

You know what, never mind I don't wish you well. You're a nut job. 

You clearly don't even understand how notifications on phones work. You did seek it out you're simple. 

I'm letting it go now, but dude, you are 100% grade A stupid. The back pedal stuff and all that is cute. 

I'm only done because I feel like I'm picking on someone with a mental illness. Save your vague credentials for someone who will play that game. Whatever you do, color me unimpressed. I don't care. 

You're a good troll though, I'll give you that. You've got the button pushing down, and know when to hit them when the last one ran it's course perfectly.

10 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm doubtful, but whatever gets your rocks off buddy.

You seem like you've got some real issues man, I wish you well.

Truly I do, I'm done.

Hah, you present being done as though you made a choice. 

Here's a hint: choices don't exist without options. You are done in this thread. But not because you had the option to choose to be done. No. You are done because you admitted you didn't even read the 5 sentences of material required to say something intelligent in this thread, then, tried to backpedal once I called you on it. 

As I'm writing, right now(I love this new feature) I am getting little bleeps that tell me you, in fact, aren't "done" with this thread. :lol: We used to have to deal with timestamps. Now? I get to hear the "beep" of your desperation. What a shocker/and a fun addition. Beep! "I'm (done) cause I've said a lot of nonsense and am getting whipped!". Beep! "No, this time I really mean it, I'm (done)!" Beep.

:lol:

I thought the write up was fairly accurate...I am failing to see the need for the essay rant, even the "slow lurch" works together, so struggling to see why its clearly had such an effect on you. And extremely unique also very much works together...it highlights the degree of uniqueness, which there are various levels.  For example, something can be rare, but "extremely rare" is commonly used to indicate just how rare something is.  So, sorry you are way off base on your whole rant on that.

I clicked on this expecting some crazy ranking comments...and then found it was a fair ranking and reasoning, but the OP is the one that went off the reservation lol

38 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You know what, never mind I don't wish you well. You're a nut job. 

You clearly don't even understand how notifications on phones work. You did seek it out you're simple. 

I'm letting it go now, but dude, you are 100% grade A stupid. The back pedal stuff and all that is cute. 

I'm only done because I feel like I'm picking on someone with a mental illness. Save your vague credentials for someone who will play that game. Whatever you do, color me unimpressed. I don't care. 

You're a good troll though, I'll give you that. You've got the button pushing down, and know when to hit them when the last one ran it's course perfectly.

I design entire mobile architectures for 5k employees(some days, some days it's just 5) for a living. So yeah...you've just drawn another conclusion based on ignorance. I was designing mobile systems when we still had to shove WiFi cards into slots of PDAs to make them wireless BEFORE the IPhone ever existed. Yet, you presume to tell me about mobile messaging? :lol:

Beep!

Again: you're quitting because you're making 1 choice, based on your 1 option: retreat.

Don't try to play it off: your own words are quoted in my posts above, and there they shall remain. Your only savior is the guy SDS hired to maintain the database: s/he decides if this thread gets archived, or ceases to exist. If it's the former, your "choice" remains a mockery for eternity. Some day historians and anthropologists, trying to understand the "Beligerent Internet Opinion/The Willful Ignorance Era" will make great use of you.

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I thought the write up was fairly accurate...I am failing to see the need for the essay rant, even the "slow lurch" works together, so struggling to see why its clearly had such an effect on you. And extremely unique also very much works together...it highlights the degree of uniqueness, which there are various levels.  For example, something can be rare, but "extremely rare" is commonly used to indicate just how rare something is.  So, sorry you are way off base on your whole rant on that.

I clicked on this expecting some crazy ranking comments...and then found it was a fair ranking and reasoning, but the OP is the one that went off the reservation lol

Dude: my advice to you is it's 3 am. Go to bed and STFU, now. I have a work reason to be up. You do not. You're going to feel awfully stupid after posting that "extremely unique" makes any sense, any time. Degrees of uniqueness? :lol:

You used the correct word: rare. Does rare == unique? (EDIT: I ask again, do they not talk themselves right into it? :lol: )

Like I said: Go to bed and STFU(order of operations doesn't apply here). You'll thank me in the morning.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

You know, it took me more time to make the Slow Lurch clip than it did to write the OP.

However, given the content of the replies...I am inclined to believe that Slow Lurch is going to be added to my arsenal of standard replies. I'm growing quite fond of it. I mean, it doesn't come close to this:

There's No Reply At All

or this:

Pretty Much What I Do Around Here

yet. But, I can see the potential.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The guy is a delusional moron. He really has some sick **** wrong with him. He thinks he can control whether you respond to him or not.

He simply doesn't understand free will. He has no choice but to respond to an NFL power rankings in May and I apparently don't have a choice in whether I choose to acknowledge him.

Even though unlike him, I decided, I'm not dealing with his dumb posts any more. 

Dudes got some real issues or is a great troll. I hope for the latter, because his self grandizing and desire to control or seek affirmation. They're pretty !@#$ed up, like the kind of !@#$ed up that does really dumb ****.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The guy is a delusional moron. He really has some sick **** wrong with him. He thinks he can control whether you respond to him or not.

He simply doesn't understand free will. He has no choice but to respond to an NFL power rankings in May and I apparently don't have a choice in whether I choose to acknowledge him.

Even though unlike him, I decided, I'm not dealing with his dumb posts any more. 

Dudes got some real issues or is a great troll. I hope for the latter, because his self grandizing and desire to control or seek affirmation. They're pretty !@#$ed up, like the kind of !@#$ed up that does really dumb ****.

What is the O/U on this guy being "done" responding to this thread?

See? I have to be up right now, because of Ze Germans. They are doing their usual ball-busting 2 hr meeting @8am their time, and WTF do I do after? Whatever feels good, man. So, hey, I got the rest of the day/night. These Fs don't care what I do...as long as I am on the call. In about 5 minutes I am going to tell them that they are doing a fine job of engineering the problem, but, that they are working on the wrong problem. It's gonna be fun.

Back to this clown: Free Will, or Cognitive Dissonance: you make the call! :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

An OC post without @Tiberius is not an OC post.  Tibs, help us out.

Christ Boyst I didn't even see you. Like I said: whacka-mole. Shameful oversight on my part.

Does Tiberius even do football? I've always held the belief that the Molson_Golden(like, um the most obvious paid to troll TSW name of all time)/Gator/Tibs handle is connected to some sort of API that just spews Media Matters talking points, and the name is changed every few years to "fool" us.

I have to say: I've never seen that "poster" do any football. Hey, not saying it hasn't happened. Perhaps each name changeover means a new person running the handle? But then again, if my theory is correct, how much football do we expect out of...it?

I do find OC's posts highly entertaining.... he does let the slightest thing work him into a frenzy of telling us all how much smarter he is.  

However, there is much truth (see what I did there :lol:) in his dissection of the atrocious English that is frequently used by NFL.com.  Seriously, they need a whole new team of journalists and editors because they cannot write.  

And he is correct on unique.  Something is either unique or it isn't. There are no degrees, the word in and of itself is an absolute.  You can't have degrees of an absolute.  

Edited by GunnerBill

2 hours ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Christ Boyst I didn't even see you. Like I said: whacka-mole. Shameful oversight on my part.

Does Tiberius even do football? I've always held the belief that the Molson_Golden(like, um the most obvious paid to troll TSW name of all time)/Gator/Tibs handle is connected to some sort of API that just spews Media Matters talking points, and the name is changed every few years to "fool" us.

I have to say: I've never seen that "poster" do any football. Hey, not saying it hasn't happened. Perhaps each name changeover means a new person running the handle? But then again, if my theory is correct, how much football do we expect out of...it?

Actually he does do football.

What is your theory?

5 hours ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Yes, and my uncle would be my aunt if he wasn't dead, and also stupid enough to tell me that Ryan Miller sucked...in October...of the season he won the Vezina, because: the team doesn't like him.

More or less, it's my job to enlighten the unmitigated morons that abound. It's no secret that I tend to bring my work practices to this board. Where's the upside in accommodating the ignorant/stupid...for anyone...ever? The trouble is: instead of 3 dimensional chess, which would be interesting, I too often find myself playing 3 dimensional whack-a-mole. 

I find that the more we allow unmitigated morons access to unearned wisdom(Examples: saying "win/win", because you heard somebody else say it...without the experiences necessary to achieve it, saying "let's unpack this", without the intellectual rigor to unpack a backpack, etc.), the more cliché replaces actual didactic preparation, introspection, and objective examination of the facts, which require, real, work and talent? The more turds get their wings.

Hence, cliché, the absence of thought, gets misused, and, we get: The asinine Acceleration of the Curve Hypothesis, on offer above. :lol: Or, how we arrive at the Bills, being a constant 15-20 power ranked team, with Tyrod somehow existing as a Schroedinger QB, whose presence, and, lack or presence, can not only be measured, but must always be the reason why we stay at 15-20 regardless of statistical outcome. Tyrod : Global Warming :: Tyrod : Climate Change.

Your first sentence in this particular post is nonsense, but so what, you seem to be enjoying yourself.

Anyway, even if you had a point to make, it's lost in your self-generated haze of pomposity. 

Do you always go out of your way to make people dislike you or this all about creating an online persona for yourself?

pompous.JPG

10 hours ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Exhibit 1:

RANK

BUF.png

BILLS

The Bills' slow lurch downward since the loss to the Jaguars in the Wild Card Round is not indicative of panic-worthy events. Rather, it's a reflection of how strong the team is right now. So,Bills Mafia, if you loved the Josh Allen choice, don't get angry. Because that pick doesn't do much to help the team in Week 1 of the 2018 season. He has an uphill curve ahead of him, although there are plenty of people who enjoy exaggerating that curve. Allen should be accelerating it. AJ McCarron is also a bit of an unknown, but he has flashed potential. Tremaine Edmunds (Round 1, No. 16) should get on the field rather quickly. By the way: That guy turned 20 on Wednesday.TWENTY. I was driving a Mitsubishi Mighty Max with no power steering and working at Bank One at 20. (Yeah, that place is defunct.)

:lol:

Ok, let's take this journotarded abortion, one piece at a time.

2. IF we have "slowly lurched" downward...8 slots, from playoff team(minimum rank 12) to 20, how? We have gotten rid of the QB that kept us consistently out of the top 12 last year. So, who did we lose to create such a slide vs. who did we add in FA, never mind the draft? IF Tyrod is why we lost 8 spots, then seriously, WTF? He can't be the reason we don't break the top 10, AND, the reason we go down to 20, at the same time, after making the playoffs. This is farcical. 

Looks like a fair, accurate write up. What's the problem?

Just because the Bills fluked their way into the playoffs doesn't mean they were the 12th best team. They were more likely somewhere between 20-25 and with good fortune they were able to win 9 games. It happens.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Your first sentence in this particular post is nonsense, but so what, you seem to be enjoying yourself.

Anyway, even if you had a point to make, it's lost in your self-generated haze of pomposity. 

Do you always go out of your way to make people dislike you or this all about creating an online persona for yourself?

pompous.JPG

What's it make you to go out of your way to respond to him with such negativity when you could have chosen to not engage once more?

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

What's it make you to go out of your way to respond to him with such negativity when you could have chosen to not engage once more?

Yeah, I know it's a waste of time, but much like our caped crusader strives to eliminate stupidity, I love to point out pomposity.

Now you choose to engage instead of ignoring. It's a tad ironic, but it doesn't matter.

We all have the right to write whatever we want here, pending the decisions of the moderators.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yeah, I know it's a waste of time, but much like our caped crusader strives to eliminate stupidity, I love to point out pomposity.

Now you choose to engage instead of ignoring. It's a tad ironic, but it doesn't matter.

We all have the right to write whatever we want here, pending the decisions of the moderators.

Me thinks you don't know what ironic means.

Disirregardless of that, I'd like to point out that "Hotel California" by the Eagles was the #1 song this week in 1977.

33 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Me thinks you don't know what ironic means.

Disirregardless of that, I'd like to point out that "Hotel California" by the Eagles was the #1 song this week in 1977.

Keep proving my point.

• Haha (+1) 1