Gas Prices Are Rising

59 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why are you protecting the price gougers? Corruption is out of control in this country and a fish rots from the head down. 

If prices remain at these ALL TIME HIGHS (ha ha) towards the November elections Democrats need to focus on this as part of the anti-corruption campaign 

As such, I am calling on Democrats to: 

1) Demand an investigation into these high prices

2) They need to haul the oil barons up to capital hill in chains is necessary and demand answers of why they are cheating the American public 

Have you ever considered the option of spending the time you spend on these ridiculous finger pointing efforts in educating yourself on these issues?

Oil is an international commodity.  The US doesn't determine prices, and world GDP is expanding.

Prices on gas, diesel, jet fuel, heating oil etc., are based on crack splits and refinery options.

Demand for oil is quite high recently.

OPEC still has production controls in place and Venezuela is self imploding, taking it's contribution to the world market with it.

It takes time for producers to respond, and at $70/barrel, you can bet additional supplies will come on line if that price is sustained.

It isn't gouging or Republican caused.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Price gouging is a serious business. If Trump's deep state is cheating everyone the American people deserve to know. Corrupt Scott Pruitt is probably lining his pockets while cutting regulations and "red tape" that protected consumers. Corruption is the theme of the midterms! 

I love how the DNC-approved talking points now steal lines directly from Trump. Especially their new platform to "drain the swamp". He's not in their heads or anything.

It never ceases to amaze me how bereft the left is of original ideas. They're literally stealing lines and campaign slogans from Donald J. Hitler now.

32 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Have you ever considered the option of spending the time you spend on these ridiculous finger pointing efforts in educating yourself on these issues?

Oil is an international commodity.  The US doesn't determine prices, and world GDP is expanding.

Prices on gas, diesel, jet fuel, heating oil etc., are based on crack splits and refinery options.

OPEC still has production controls in place and Venezuela is self imploding, taking it's contribution to the world market with it.

It takes time for producers to respond, and at $70/barrel, you can bet additional supplies will come on line if that price is sustained.

The Oil Shocks of the 70s were deliberate acts that sent the oil market into destruction.

that was the exception to the market ruling

25 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I love how the DNC-approved talking points now steal lines directly from Trump. Especially their new platform to "drain the swamp". He's not in their heads or anything.

It never ceases to amaze me how bereft the left is of original ideas. They're literally stealing lines and campaign slogans from Donald J. Hitler now.

In all fairness though, paint drying amazes you. 

It is funny though, how instead of draining the swamp he has added a new level of corruption never seen before. 

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The Oil Shocks of the 70s were deliberate acts that sent the oil market into destruction.

that was the exception to the market ruling

That is not possible now.

The US has far too much oil production capacity to be impacted by a cartel embargo.

50 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Blah, blah, blah! 

Get back to me when Trump learns how immigrants come here to work and make our economy stronger. You are a complete hypocrite if you want to complain about me yet let Trump and all these minions of his on this board spread untruths, lies and false narratives about immigrants, trade and global warming.  

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It is funny though, how instead of draining the swamp he has added a new level of corruption never seen before. 

So we've officially gone from the collusion narrative to the corruption narrative now? I can't wait for the next narrative after corruption goes the way of collusion.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Blah, blah, blah! 

Get back to me when Trump learns how immigrants come here to work and make our economy stronger. You are a complete hypocrite if you want to complain about me yet let Trump and all these minions of his on this board spread untruths, lies and false narratives about immigrants, trade and global warming.  

I have no interest in "getting back to you."

I have no interest in "complaining" about you.

I commented on your post alleging price gouging, which indicated complete ignorance of the oil market.

Stay focused.

Just now, Koko78 said:

So we've officially gone from the collusion narrative to the corruption narrative now? I can't wait for the next narrative after corruption goes the way of collusion.

Two sides of the same coin. 

Ya, lol, you just keep waiting. DR loves to keep you guys waiting for...fill in the blank...IG report, Stupid Nunes Memo flop, spygate, Obama tapped Trump's phone lines and on and on. 

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I commented on your post alleging price gouging, which indicated complete ignorance of the oil market.

Stay focused.

Don't worry, I'll focus on the high gas prices that hit those rural voters (long drives) the hardest. The prices are rising 

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Don't worry, I'll focus on the high gas prices that hit those rural voters (long drives) the hardest. The prices are rising 

Keep focusing.

I'd bet you are what's known in the securities industry as a contrary indicator.

35 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I commented on your post alleging price gouging, which indicated complete ignorance of the oil market.

Stay focused.

No need to be overly specific.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

That is not possible now.

The US has far too much oil production capacity to be impacted by a cartel embargo.

I would never say never, but I think you are correct...

33 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Keep focusing.

I'd bet you are what's known in the securities industry as a contrary indicator.

And I won't bet. I'll just say it, you are a Trumptard. Are you seriously saying Trump had no role in this gas price increases? Stop being mindlessly partisan 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If prices remain at these ALL TIME HIGHS (ha ha) towards the November elections Democrats need to focus on this as part of the anti-corruption campaign 

(Rest of Tib's rantings deleted)

I remember paying almost $5. 00 wh n I lived in California.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And I won't bet. I'll just say it, you are a Trumptard. Are you seriously saying Trump had no role in this gas price increases? Stop being mindlessly partisan 

Your knowledge of the oil market mirrors your perceptive capability of people who post here.

Neither is worth paying attention to.

Just now, sherpa said:

Your knowledge of the oil market mirrors your perceptive capability of people who post here.

So, that's a no then, "Mr. Oil Market" who does not know his ass from an oil well. Thanks for proving it! ?

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

There's a reason everyone has him blocked.

14 minutes ago, sherpa said:

As Tom stated, most of us here have him blocked, and only even see what he has to say when someone quotes him, which is why often times you'll see those who do not have him blocked reply to him without quoting him as a courtesy.

He's a troll whose only objective is to bring down the quality of the board experience, and to try to elicit a reaction from other posters regardless of how stupid it makes him look in the process.

• Like (+1) 1